Author Topic: Clone Wars 2-Packs  (Read 3406 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Clone Wars 2-Packs
« on: June 15, 2009, 05:33 PM »

As per our front page, we've got a new look at an upcoming Clone Wars 3D 2-pack featuring Captain Rex & Trooper Fives.  Pictured on the back are Cody and Echo as well!

The gang over at Rebelscum posted images of red Clones in 2-pack form just a bit ago too, featuring Thire, Yoda, Jek, etc.

Check the front page out for the images.  Clone fans have to be pretty pleased they're getting all these "unique" Clones.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
Re: Clone Wars 2-Packs
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 05:53 PM »
It's cool, but I wish they'd do some "pilot & droid" 2-packs.  Both Shadow Squadron & Blue Squadron have a lot of good possibilites, and having some Y-Wing pilots and their astromechs out at the same time the Y-Wing was hitting would make an awful lot of sense.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 06:34 PM »
Meh...time for me to get out of the animated line.  You know they're not stopping with the repaints.  Should have figured that out when they named the line CLONE wars.  I have enough realistic styled ones and I don't want to go down this route that may never end.  Good news for the kiddies though!   :)

$24.99?  j/k - I'm sure they'll be just as much of a bargain as the new dlx stuff.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 10:46 PM »
I've only picked up a few of the CW figures that I like.  I missed out on Commander Fox and am really bummed about that.  Oh, well, I guess I'll decide when I see these 2-packs in person.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 10:50 PM »
Annnnnnnnnnd, just like that...  I was dropped off pictures of the other 2-pack. :)

Head to the front page to check out the full images.  Carded front/back of Cody/Echo 2-pack.

Enjoy!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 11:35 PM »
Head to the front page to check out the full images.  Carded front/back of Cody/Echo 2-pack.

It has been well over a year since I went to the home page instead of jumping straight into the forums (for obvious reasons)  Thanks for the reminders - I guess.   :)   I keep forgetting that there's regular updates on there.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 05:54 PM »
I wish I could get excited about new figures but since I do not collect this animated line (Thankfully)
I would love to see this in the realistic line but I guess the new Geo Target packs will be like this. It would be very cool to see an EP2 style Cody in realistic format but as Hasbro stated no crossover.

What are these going to retail for? I hope it's not $24.99
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 12:45 AM »
God knows on the price. :)  I'm guessing $15, but that's just a stab in the dark.

I'm "appreciating" the animated stuff, but not buying.  I got the IG-86 because it looks realistic enough, like an "antique" assassin droid or something.  I got Ahsoka for parts...  Dooku and Assajj for parts (all on $4.99 price matches at WM)...  I think I bought two Cloens for $4.99 as well, to get the rocket launchers and poseable wrists.

Beyond that type of buying though, I really haaven't been into this line.  I'm not collecting animated to display.  It's mostly to hack up and use the parts for other figures.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 03:36 PM »
Out on the front page again...

Get to know your Clones!

We've got 3 loose images for your viewing pleasure, of Clone Troopers Rys, Jek, and Lt. Thire, from the upcoming Clone 2-packs (one including Yoda, of course).  Head on out and get "under the brain buckets" with your favorite troopers. :)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 05:42 PM »
I really liked these guys, so I'll be in for those.  Sadly I'm exactly Hasbro's demographic (old school collectors who fall for clones) but I what can I say.  Beyond them (and the must have Jawas) I gladly avoid this line.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 12:18 AM »
I got another Captain Rex photo in with the other CW photos I got this evening (Space Suit Kenobi, Yoda, 4-A7...  Check the front page).

As you can see in this photo, Rex is pretty different.  His Range finder appears articulated, and his paintjob's pretty significantly different to previous figures.

I'm pretty sure this is Rex from the 2-packs...  But as you can see, pretty significant differences in deco and some changes to the helmet.

Also for your viewing pleasure, a couple new pics of Fives, highlighting his Tattoo and pseudo-goatee.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 12:20 AM by Jesse James »