Author Topic: Deluxe Series 1 - Jabba's Palace  (Read 173864 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Deluxe Series 1 - Jabba's Palace
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2009, 03:39 PM »
Since there are six regular figures shown, I think this is how Jabba will be divided up.

I think that's pretty logical.  R2 is a smaller character and could be packed with the larger head piece while Amanaman is larger and could come with the small-ish pipe/railing.  The other pieces could be split up randomly.

I think the dais and tail pieces are obvious but the head and pipe/railing don't look to be multiple pieces so I think you may have nailed it, Sir.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2009, 06:27 PM »
I had a dream* about this series last night...  here's how it went:

3:12 Luke = Jabba Head
3:12 R2-D2 = Jabba Body
3:12 Chewie = Jabba Tail
1:12 C-3PO = left dais piece
1:12 Bib = center dais piece
1:12 Amanaman = right dais piece

3:48 chase Ree-Yees = hooka pipe & railing

1:96 chase Squidface = Bubo
1:96 chase Weequay = Wol Cabbashite

So...
- with the 3:12 heavy-pack figures, you could build Jabba
- with the 1:12 light-pack figures, you could build the dais
- with the "easy" chase you got to add the railiing/pipe
- with the "rare" chase you got to add the critters to build on the scene

That would effectively mean you could build 3:12 Jabbas and 1:12 dais in a box of 12, and with the 3:48 chase holding the railing, 3/4 of the dais' would be able to be completed.  Interesting math, right?

* - please note again, this was just a dream... not based in any sort of fact.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2009, 08:09 PM »
Cool dream to say the least.  :o  I like it though, as it means Jabba is readily available to all who want it and it doesn't tick off the less than completeists as they still get the dais.  Damn spiffy way to get more OT figs out as well.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2009, 08:55 PM »
I like all of that except the idea of super cool OT figures being rare chases.   >:(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2009, 04:03 AM »
I seriously hope you are correct though I think the reason folks are speculating on more than six pieces is due to the view from the back:

I completely agree with you on the separation of Jabba from his tail.  Seven base pieces though, possibly two pieces for the rail (joint near the corner).  Who knows?

I don't know. It looks to me like only the two inside cuts go all the way through. The four outside lines look more like surface detailing to me. The inside ones are darker and actually look like they go all the way through. The other ones are more of a grey brown. They look to me like groves on the dias with a dark wash. They way they angle out on the top part also leads me to believe they are just on the surface. Otherwise there's be to small rear corner pieces.
"This is the way."

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2009, 09:20 AM »
The more I look the more I think its only 3 parts.

Maybe 1 Jabba per box of 12, each part would replace an entire figure in a single box, for example:no snowtrooper, just a part of Jabba and so on.

If each part is in with the figure, the boxes will be allot bigger, which might be the case, this is a new series after all and all of this is speculation.

Won't know for sure until these suckers are in hand...such is Kubricks though.

CB
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2009, 10:44 AM »
Hmmn...that's a really interesting thought.  Just 6 Jabba pieces in a box along with 6 figures and maybe one of the 6 figures is a chase?  Ugh.   :P
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2009, 11:17 AM »
I think it's pretty clear from the info Medicom has released that we're getting 1x figure and 1x Jabba piece in each box.  The Medicom website clearly (well, as clear as broken English-Japanese translations can be) says:

"When the bonus part which belongs to each box is combined 'JABBA THE HUTT (TM)' you complete!"

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2009, 12:25 PM »
I think it's pretty clear from the info Medicom has released that we're getting 1x figure and 1x Jabba piece in each box.  The Medicom website clearly (well, as clear as broken English-Japanese translations can be) says:

"When the bonus part which belongs to each box is combined 'JABBA THE HUTT (TM)' you complete!"

They can still just mean the box each party moght happen to be in, does not mean all 6, but I think you are right now that I think about the Hoth wave AT ST, no way that is just 3 parts...my guess is that you guys are right, 6 Kubricks, 6 parts...but you never know, could be different for each series.

CB
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2009, 01:06 PM »
Well, at least we'll know for sure in another short 8-9 months.   :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2009, 02:19 PM »
Aggravation or not, if it's as simple as getting a single box and being done, I'll be disappointed.  I like chase figures and especially OT chase figures. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2009, 03:38 PM »
The more I look at those pics, the harder I find it to believe that Jabba will only be two pieces.  There is a clear split along the torso between his head and his body and that combined piece seems too massive to fit in a box.  I still think it's either a 7pc set or the rail piece comes with the tail.

Here's another idea - what if the BAF pieces are randomly packed?  You might have a couple Jabba'sin a box of 12 or maybe you'll have 12 Jabba tails.  I'm guessing you'll at least be able to build Jabba with a box, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see random bonus parts.

Brent - it's Medicom.  Of course there will be chases.   ;)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2009, 10:07 PM »
Could be a month or 2 till this set shows up on HLJ & hopefully NCS...

From NCS today:

Hi, yes we will stock the upcoming Kubrick Star Wars Deluxe Series 1 and we should begin preorders within the next 2 months. Since the toys will be released in the summer of 2010, Medicom is expected to start their preorder campaign in January. Thanks.

Right on the mark Dale.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2009, 11:55 PM »
Well done.  I'll definitely order from them again.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2009, 11:59 PM »
Now that we have enough lead time and most folks are pretty satisfied with NCSX, I think I'll try to drop them a note and see if they could offer us some sort of bulk discount?  Maybe I could try to offer them some free advertising at JD to get us a better deal...  >:D