Author Topic: Deluxe Series 1 - Jabba's Palace  (Read 173863 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Deluxe Series 1 - Jabba's Palace
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2009, 12:08 AM »
Now that we have enough lead time and most folks are pretty satisfied with NCSX, I think I'll try to drop them a note and see if they could offer us some sort of bulk discount?  Maybe I could try to offer them some free advertising at JD to get us a better deal...  >:D

That's a really solid idea.  I would be tempted to buy multiple boxes if there were a JD discount associated with the purchase.  I'm sure it fell on deaf ears, but I mentioned JD in feedback back to NCS after my S10 and Fett Series figures arrived, suggesting that a number of us on JD bought from them via word of mouth in the forums.  I hope they go for it - it's certainly a partnership that makes sense!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2009, 01:25 AM »
Great idea Jeff.  I hope it pans out.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2009, 09:11 AM »
Now that we have enough lead time and most folks are pretty satisfied with NCSX, I think I'll try to drop them a note and see if they could offer us some sort of bulk discount?  Maybe I could try to offer them some free advertising at JD to get us a better deal...  >:D

Depending on the price structure, I'd be interested.

Offline chap

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2009, 11:57 AM »

I'm sure they would do something like that, it seems like a lot of us bought our series 10 and/or fett cases from them.

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2009, 09:51 PM »
I'd jump on that bandwagon

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2009, 05:55 AM »
I think it's pretty clear from the info Medicom has released that we're getting 1x figure and 1x Jabba piece in each box.  The Medicom website clearly (well, as clear as broken English-Japanese translations can be) says:

"When the bonus part which belongs to each box is combined 'JABBA THE HUTT (TM)' you complete!"

A bit better translation would be:

"Combine the bonus parts that come in each box to complete Jabba the Hutt."

The way it's written in Japanese implies to me that you will be able to complete Jabba without worrying about finding the right parts, but it's hard to be 100% sure.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 6, 2009, 07:40 AM »
A seller on the bay is already starting to presell this set, sure a hell of a long way to the release tho.

Medicom 266 Star Wars DX Series 1 Kubrick set of 6

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 6, 2009, 10:54 AM »
$100 for a basic set of six?  Can't decide if that's high priced or not given the BAF parts.   :-\
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #98 on: November 6, 2009, 10:57 AM »
I think that's pretty fair when averaging out the price to include a complete Jabba w/dias.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 6, 2009, 11:00 AM »
I think that's pretty fair when averaging out the price to include a complete Jabba w/dias.

Yeah, that's true.  I'm trying to gauge that versus the box or master case prices though.  If the Fett Series was about $160 per box, are these things going to be $200 per box?  If so, a set of 6 for under $100 is a steal.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #100 on: November 6, 2009, 11:13 AM »
I'm trying to gauge that versus the box or master case prices though.  If the Fett Series was about $160 per box, are these things going to be $200 per box?  If so, a set of 6 for under $100 is a steal.

Japanese price =

1,344 yen is aprox $14.62 US.

So the basic Japanese retail for 6 figures would be about $88.  Based on that fact, $100 for a set of six, which will invariably include short-packed figures, really isn't that unreasonable for a pre-order.

If the Jabba thing works out to a pretty standard arrangement (ie standard pack-in pieces, etc) then I'm sure the price for a set of 6 may come down a bit once things are actually released and people undercut prices just to move excess product from MC purchases.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 6, 2010, 03:06 PM »
Could be a month or 2 till this set shows up on HLJ & hopefully NCS...

From NCS today:

Hi, yes we will stock the upcoming Kubrick Star Wars Deluxe Series 1 and we should begin preorders within the next 2 months. Since the toys will be released in the summer of 2010, Medicom is expected to start their preorder campaign in January. Thanks.

Right on the mark Dale.

Thought I'd give this a bump since January is now upon us and at least according to NCSX, Medicom should be starting their pre-order campaign this month.  Bring it on!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
« Reply #102 on: January 8, 2010, 07:54 PM »
I'm really looking forward to these. :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2010, 09:21 AM »
Blister.jp is show the DX Series 1: Box Of 12 Units up for preorder.

Regular price is 16,128 Yen so about $179.33 US. $14.94 each.
Reservation price is 12,900 Yen or about $143.44 US. $11.95 each.

Just have to wait for the Medicom update is a few short hrs & hopefully they will show then wait again for NCSX & HLJ for them to show up for preorder.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2010, 10:47 AM »
I guess I'm kind of surprised that the regular price (16,128 Yen) has not gone up since the Boba Fett collection considering they are now including the BAJ (Build A Jabba) pieces in this release.  That being said, I'm hoping that NCSX will list theirs close to the $169 they were charging last year for the BFC.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 10:49 AM by I Am Sith »