Author Topic: Deluxe Series 1 - Jabba's Palace  (Read 174596 times)

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
Re: Deluxe Series 1 - Jabba's Palace
« Reply #165 on: March 4, 2010, 09:27 AM »
The Evangelion set out this month should also help to clear up any questions as to how the build-a-kubrick scenario will play out.
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline chap

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 4, 2010, 10:06 AM »
I brought this up last year, but what would be involved to get a wholesale deal through HLJ?  What is the minimum order Jeff? It seems to me when kubricks drop there is more than enough interest in at least a few master cases worth. .

Ahh, no. You gotta be an actual business & as for a website, this is a forum not a retail online store so I can't even see that happening even if it was suggested for members to get a bulk discount. Jeff had his bulk order cancelled last time as I mentioned a few posts back & that can happen again.

HobbyLink Japan offers wholesale pricing to dealers/resellers who meet some basic requirements

You have an actual business, i.e. your own store, distributorship or website (reselling on eBay or similar does not qualify);
You are prepared to make purchases of at least 180,000 yen minimum per order (smaller orders are possible, but discounts will be lower);
You are prepared to make full payment prior to shipment; and
You are prepared to conduct business by the Internet only (we will not use faxes for routine contact).

If you believe you meet these requirements and want to discuss with us further the possibility of beginning wholesale purchases from HLJ, please send an e-mail to tell us your name, the name of your business, a description of your business, and what sorts of products you're interested in.

HLJ is sorta like Robby.p was, you have to be a actual business for wholesale pricing but they also sell to the public at the rastes given. With Robby, some of slipped under the wire & got in & others had questions asked about what business they operated & so much for that.

I'm not sure who Robby.P was as I just started posting on here in the last year.

But thanks for the info DSJ.  Sorry my post was a little confsuing "ordering at least a few master cases".  I wasn't referring to the forum.  I was talking more about myself.  The reason I asked is because I actually already run my own company (its a small diy record label I've set up to help my friends bands while I'm in college, but its a company none the less).  I already have a website and webstore set up etc. etc. 

Although I won't be in a situation to get into something like this, this summer with the new sets (I graduate in May and need to get a real world job).  It seems like the interest is there and buying $2,000 worth of kubs @ wholesale next year and re-selling on my site doesn't seem like that much more work than I already am doing with the record label (I'm already going to the post office all the time, etc. etc.).  I will probably contact them in the future for more information.

I'm sure the members on here would support something like this right?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 4, 2010, 10:26 AM »
I'm sure the members on here would support something like this right?

I don't think it would hurt to contact them and see what kind of a deal they might have.   A lot of us have expressed interest in going in on a group order, so you could probably get a tally of interested parties within a couple of days if you need an approximate count.  I know Jeff was trying to work a similar angle with NCS, but they weren't able to figure anything out until the product listed on their site.  That finally happened a few days ago, so hopefully Jeff will have some new news for us on where this deal is at. 

Does anyone know NCS's pre-order cancellation policy?  I'd like to hold out for a group order, but am losing strength with each passing day...must resist...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #168 on: March 4, 2010, 10:32 AM »
Jeff will have some new news for us on where this deal is at. 

Nope, nothing new.  Still waiting for them.  It's not looking all that likely at this point...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 4, 2010, 10:35 AM »
Jeff will have some new news for us on where this deal is at. 

Nope, nothing new.  Still waiting for them.  It's not looking all that likely at this point...

:'(
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 4, 2010, 11:02 AM »
Does anyone know NCS's pre-order cancellation policy?  I'd like to hold out for a group order, but am losing strength with each passing day...must resist...

How about 1 of the fastest replies I have ever had, I contacted them about the pre-order cancellation policy just after I read your post. The answer came back in under 10 mins!  :o

Hello, preorders may be canceled at anytime before the item ships and there
is no penalty.

Regards,
NCS, Inc

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 4, 2010, 11:19 AM »
Nice - thanks!

I gotta say, their CS is top notch.  I asked a few times about when S1 would be available the past few months and the said to just check back.  However, the day the product showed up they sent me an email saying "Just wanted to let you know these are now available."  I don't hink I signed up for any kind of notification - that's surprisingly proactive.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #172 on: March 4, 2010, 11:28 AM »
It sure would be nice if Medicom would offer a mailaway for the Jabba's Palace background or as the next con exclusive in lieu of this one per master case BS.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2010, 11:29 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #173 on: March 4, 2010, 11:32 AM »
Well, due to the high import cost surrounding the Kubricks and the general yen VS us dollar nonsense, this is the best we can get - A coupon code for US$5 off any Kubrick purchase.   The code is valid until the end of March 2010.

NCS Coupon Code  GC813479702855416

Not much, but its better than nothing....  the search for a cheap source continues.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 4, 2010, 11:44 AM »
WoW! A $5. off coupon code...cooooooooooooooooool! Me thinks I shall cancell my order & reorder to cut the cost down.  :-X

Well it sure sucks Jeff, unless you find a place that can help ya out it looks like every man for himself.  :-\

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 4, 2010, 12:06 PM »
Thanks for getting the coupon code at least.  That brings a single box price down to about what 2 boxes would cost (each) with shipping. 

I'm thinking about ordering 2 boxes - anyone want to lock up my extra basic set of 6 + Jabba for $100 shipped? ($90 for locals)

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 4, 2010, 01:46 PM »
Thanks for getting the coupon code at least.  That brings a single box price down to about what 2 boxes would cost (each) with shipping. 

I'm thinking about ordering 2 boxes - anyone want to lock up my extra basic set of 6 + Jabba for $100 shipped? ($90 for locals)

Are we positive there will be Jabba parts in every Kubrick?
Might only be one Jabba per box of 12, especially if there are any chase figures.

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #177 on: March 4, 2010, 01:49 PM »
Are we positive there will be Jabba parts in every Kubrick?
Might only be one Jabba per box of 12, especially if there are any chase figures.

cb

Yes
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 4, 2010, 02:15 PM »

What happens if the chase figure is a 1:12 and you onle get one set of 6 out of both boxes of 12  ;)  Stranger things have happened.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 4, 2010, 02:37 PM »

What happens if the chase figure is a 1:12 and you onle get one set of 6 out of both boxes of 12  ;)  Stranger things have happened.

Then it becomes his extra set of 5 + Jabba ;)
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!