Author Topic: Deluxe Series 1 - Jabba's Palace  (Read 173879 times)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: Deluxe Series 1 - Jabba's Palace
« Reply #360 on: July 7, 2010, 08:18 PM »
Got the MC from UPS today. Now to start the waiting until next week when our minnesota squad splits it up...

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 7, 2010, 08:42 PM »
And with respect to the two chase figures, those are no better than common-chase worthy, repaint crap.  Like BrentS had said previously, I'm considering dropping my order from NCS for a Box of 12 and just picking up a set of 6 + Jabba off ebay.

Looks like I'm too late to cancel my order and just get the basic set and Jabba...  Oh well.  Can't wait to get these figures...

I received my Box of 12 today and as fate would have it, I had the Boba Fett chase in my Amanaman box!  While I still think that it was a poor choice on Medicom's part to do another Fett re-paint, I'm in no way going to get rid of this figure.  That is, unless there's a really cool Deluxe Series 2 chase figure that comes out that I'd rather have and someone wants to trade me for it...

Good luck to everyone else with their orders from NCS!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline bigj22

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 7, 2010, 08:51 PM »

[/quote]

I received my Box of 12 today and as fate would have it, I had the Boba Fett chase in my Amanaman box!  While I still think that it was a poor choice on Medicom's part to do another Fett re-paint, I'm in no way going to get rid of this figure.  That is, unless there's a really cool Deluxe Series 2 chase figure that comes out that I'd rather have and someone wants to trade me for it...

Good luck to everyone else with their orders from NCS!

;DCongrats on the chase

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 7, 2010, 08:52 PM »
Ha!  Congrats buddy!  You've had some good odds with NCS!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 7, 2010, 08:59 PM »
When I hit BBTS I put one in my cart and tried to change the amount to 10, it reset it to 3.  So I don't think they had many.

E...

So did you actually buy three?!  Are you offering them at all to other forum members that would want them?  Let me know if you are.  Thanks.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 7, 2010, 09:47 PM »
BBTS will show how many of each item they have in stock if you x10 or whatever of any product before checkout.  Same with HTS I believe.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 7, 2010, 11:00 PM »
Nice score on the Fett chase!  Is the paint job different from the S1 version or is it exactly the same?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 8, 2010, 12:11 AM »
Nice score on the Fett chase!  Is the paint job different from the S1 version or is it exactly the same?

The paint job is definitely different.  The green on the helmet and chest plate is darker.  The gauntlets are a slightly different shade of red.  The jump suit underneath is entirely a different color (tan vs. light blue for the S1 version).  Also, the 'scoring' on the helmet and chest plate is different than the S1 version.  The backpacks appear to be identical at first glance, however I'm sure there are differences if one were to look at them long enough.

My overall impressions of this release are that the figures themselves are very well sculpted and painted.  The C-3PO appears to have a different paint color than his Series 3 counterpart and there seems to be a new head sculpt as there is now a slot to connect the Crumb figure.  Crumb is AWESOME!  The distinctive Kubrick arms are a very nice touch.  The Bib character is again well done, however I still stand by my impression when pictures of these figures first came out.  I would have liked to have seen a sculpted face instead of the painted version.

Luke's hair appears to be a shade of green on the two figures that were in my box instead of the light brown that was advertised in the pictures.  I'd like to hear from others if they have that same impression or if it's just me.  Also, I was pleasantly surprised to find Luke's lightsaber packed as an extra.  I hadn't opened the InstincToy pictures that were released and hadn't been paying attention to the ebay auctions.  Looks like I'll be keeping my second Luke for an alternate display sporting the lightsaber and possible hand damage from his rescue of Leia from Jabba's Sail Barge...

R2-D2 and Chewbacca are the snoozers of the set, but again they are well sculpted figures.

And then there's the mighty Jabba.  Holy Cats :o!  LOVE this figure!  The pictures of this deluxe figure do not do it justice.  Every detail is extremely well done.  The face is spot on.  If Jabba is any indication of how well Medicom are making the deluxe figures, then I seriously can't wait for Series 2 and the AT-ST!!!

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 8, 2010, 12:19 AM »
Got the MC from UPS today. Now to start the waiting until next week when our minnesota squad splits it up...

I'm curious as to how many full Jabbas you end up with.
Good luck!

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 8, 2010, 09:09 AM »
When I hit BBTS I put one in my cart and tried to change the amount to 10, it reset it to 3.  So I don't think they had many.

E...

So did you actually buy three?!  Are you offering them at all to other forum members that would want them?  Let me know if you are.  Thanks.

I didn't buy any.  I was just interested to see how many they had in stock and it seems that they had 3 when I hit the site.  I passed because I'm not planning on getting the Jabba set.  I probably should have ordered one anyway, but didn't.  If BBTS has the Hoth set, and I get a shot at it for $40, I'd order that.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 8, 2010, 10:02 AM »
Okay, time to start up a tally for Series 1 finds:

- BOMARR MONK:          1 BOX  |  HLJ  |  Red Bib Chase   ;D
 - I AM SITH:                1 BOX  |  NCS  |  Fett Chase   :D
 - BIGJ22:                    1 BOX  |  NCS  |  No Chase   :(
 - OUTKAST34:             1 BOX  |  NCS  |  No Chase   :(
 - DAN/Jay/Jeff/Justin:   1 MC   |  NCS  |  1x Display & ?
 - DSJ:                        1 MC   |  NCS  |  1x Display & ?    :o
 - BrentS:                    1 BOX  |  DST  |  ?

Will be interesting to see if any NCS cases have the Red Fortuna chase or if the chases are linked to distributors.
« Last Edit: July 8, 2010, 01:31 PM by JediJman »
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 8, 2010, 10:31 AM »
Add me to the running tally.  1 Box / DA Toys / ?? for contents.  I should get my box on Friday or Saturday.

In regards to the chase vs distributor.  I saw on eBay that DA Toys has an auction for all 8 figures plus the display.  That would seem to indicate they were able to get both chases from cases from their distributor.
« Last Edit: July 8, 2010, 10:32 AM by BrentS »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 8, 2010, 12:11 PM »
Okay, time to start up a tally for Series 1 finds:

- DSJ:                        1 BOX  |  NCS  |  ?

Will be interesting to see if any NCS cases have the Red Fortuna chase or if the chases are linked to distributors.

Ahem... Master Case.  ;)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 8, 2010, 01:31 PM »
I stand corrected.   ;)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 8, 2010, 03:49 PM »
It occured to me on my walk back from the cafeteria today that Medicom seems to have missed the perfect opportunity to introduce a Holographic Luke figure as a chase in this wave.  Given the proclivity for the "repaints" for Chase figures in recent waves I'm shocked they didn't include him.