Author Topic: Deluxe Series 3 - Tatooine  (Read 132938 times)

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
Re: Deluxe Series 3 - Tatooine
« Reply #225 on: August 7, 2011, 08:17 PM »
Nothing  :'(

i should have bid on this one...
http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w64944692

Dear Hammerhead,
   Please come home, i miss you- Adrian.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 8, 2011, 08:06 AM »
Nothing  :'(

i should have bid on this one...
http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w64944692

Dear Hammerhead,
   Please come home, i miss you- Adrian.

Sorry to hear that Adrian - I feel your pain.  How did you even find that Yahoo auction?  That's the first Hammerhead I've seen selling solo, though I can't make out anything on that page.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 8, 2011, 08:38 AM »
The seller of that auction didn't do international shipping anyway.
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 8, 2011, 01:33 PM »
i dont think any of them do international shipping... just get a Celga account.. you can win the auctions that way.

http://www.celga.com/index.php?page=goldfaq
that explains why some of you guys pay so much for your figs... good luck and happy bidding

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 8, 2011, 04:18 PM »
I finally opened all 6 of these last night and put together the land speeder.  Overall, I really like this set. I’d give it an 8 out of 10 compared to other SW Kube releases.

The Tusken Raider is easily the best of the bunch with three weapons and that awesome vinyl cape.  I’d rank Ben right up there – fantastic homage to the vintage Kenner figure with that cape and extendable lightsaber.  Gary is nicely done and the imperial drab colors look good on him.  Only complaint here is that he doesn’t have a communicator, which is a pretty necessary accessory for the spy who calls the imperials. 

I’m not a big fan of Luke Farmboy, but I really like the accessories and removable poncho.  He looks great driving the landspeeder as well, so that makes up for a somewhat boring figure.  I wasn’t looking forward to another Sandtrooper either, but the paint aps are pretty cool and hard to go wrong with a troop builder.  The little droid that comes with him is a nice addition as well.  R5 is really the only loser from this bunch.  He’s well done, but really didn’t need a second version of him.  I’m probably somewhat biased against astromechs right now after just buying the carded R2 as well.  I did notice that the legs easily pop in and out, which is a nice tough.  I don’t recall the previous one being able to do that. 

As for the Land speeder, this makes the set worth every penny.  Fantastic design and loads of detail.  I’ve seen the pictures, but they don’t do justice to the size of the speeder.  Perfect in almost every way…I would have loved a flip open hood to store my spare gaffi sticks in, but not going to complain given that I love everything else about it. It’s going to be a long wait for Series 4…
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 8, 2011, 04:44 PM »
i dont think any of them do international shipping... just get a Celga account.. you can win the auctions that way.

that explains why some of you guys pay so much for your figs... good luck and happy bidding

Actually for me using Celga would mean spending far more on figs than I currently do.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 8, 2011, 04:58 PM »

Actually for me using Celga would mean spending far more on figs than I currently do.

Same here.  Those auctions have some okay prices, but after shipping and fees they are ridiculous.

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 8, 2011, 05:10 PM »
IDK guys i get real lucky with them even after their fees.

Between them and http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/  i'm usually pretty set.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 8, 2011, 06:05 PM »
Was just looking back through the pages of this thread and found this interesting.  Nice find Sith...

So as I just posted something similar in the Deluxe Series 1 thread, but I've been looking back at some of the recent Hasbro waves and came across figures that were released in the Saga Collection '06 line and the 30AC line that appear to have been used to 'inspire' the recent Deluxe waves from Medicom.  For the Tatooine wave, I looked back at the Saga '06 release of the 'Battle of Tatooine' wave and sure enough, there is a floppy hat Luke, Garindan, black paldron Sandtrooper and R5-D4 figures in that release.  What they also released in that wave of Hasbro figures was a Momaw Nadon figure...  I seriously hope that Medicom ends up releasing that figure as a chase in this wave!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 8, 2011, 06:13 PM »
Okay, time to start up the tally of results:

No chases:
Jeff (HLJ) 1 Box
Justin (HLJ) 2 Boxes
Adrian (HLJ) 1 Box

Owen Lars Chase:
Outkast34 (HLJ) 1 Box

Unknown:
Morgbug?
I am Sith (NCS)?
Brent S (NCS)?
Tiny?

We're about average so far with one chase out of 5 boxes...

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 9, 2011, 01:51 AM »

Same here.  Those auctions have some okay prices, but after shipping and fees they are ridiculous.

Also for me in the UK I'd have to pay a customs charge and Royal Mail/Courier fees.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 9, 2011, 03:06 PM »
Got my shipping notice from NCS.  Still no info in the UPS tracking database, but I'm hopeful it will be here on Friday.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 9, 2011, 03:15 PM »
Got my shipping notice from NCS.  Still no info in the UPS tracking database, but I'm hopeful it will be here on Friday.

Good luck Sith.  I'm hoping you pull an Owen chase!   ;)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 9, 2011, 05:13 PM »

Got my notice too... also just got an updated email that indicates that the order is scheduled for delivery on Aug 11... fingers crossed.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 9, 2011, 07:34 PM »
No chase for me in my HLJ box.  Bummer. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.