Author Topic: Deluxe Series 3 - Tatooine  (Read 133008 times)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: Deluxe Series 3 - Tatooine
« Reply #240 on: August 9, 2011, 08:15 PM »
Got my notice too... also just got an updated email that indicates that the order is scheduled for delivery on Aug 11... fingers crossed.

Crap, mine isn't schedule to arrive until the 12th.  Seriously, we live 20 miles apart and we're going to get shipments a day after each other.  Crazy IL/WI border.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 9, 2011, 08:40 PM »
No chase for me in my HLJ box.  Bummer.

Sorry to hear that Brent.  Seems like chases are more scarce this time around.  I contacted HLJ about a master case yesterday just to find out the cost.  They got back to me earlier and let me know that they actually only had one box of 12 left in stock.  If anyone has been waiting to order, you might want to get going.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 9, 2011, 11:03 PM »
Everyone's been talking about how they haven't seen any Hammerhead's on ebay, but I didn't realize until tonight that I also haven't seen any auctions for the Tatooine background piece.  BBTS has it up for pre-order for $70, which is a 75% markup from what they charged for the DX1 or DX2 backgrounds ($40).  Not that these were worth the $40 they were charging before, but there's no way in hell they are worth the $70 they are charging now!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 10, 2011, 01:13 AM »
Everyone's been talking about how they haven't seen any Hammerhead's on ebay, but I didn't realize until tonight that I also haven't seen any auctions for the Tatooine background piece.  BBTS has it up for pre-order for $70, which is a 75% markup from what they charged for the DX1 or DX2 backgrounds ($40).  Not that these were worth the $40 they were charging before, but there's no way in hell they are worth the $70 they are charging now!

I have seen a few auctions for them.  I am almost positive I saw one go for about $50 or $60 by itself, along with a few others that were sold with basic sets of 6 for about $120.  That $70 price from BBTS is a big upcharge.  I'm curious what companies like NCS or HLJ do with their inserts, as I imagine the majority of their sales were for individual boxes.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 10, 2011, 02:10 AM »
Yeah, there has been a few DX 3 backgrounds on the bay but no bites. Too pricey...

Offline ceedrus

• Youngling
  • You truly belong here with us among the clouds
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 10, 2011, 07:55 AM »
Got my box yesterday from BBTS and no chase.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 10, 2011, 08:07 AM »
Got my box yesterday from BBTS and no chase.

:( :'( :( :'( :( :'(

Sorry man.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 10, 2011, 08:08 AM »
Updated...

No chases:
Jeff (HLJ) 1 Box
Justin (HLJ) 2 Boxes
Adrian (HLJ) 1 Box
Morgbug (HLJ) 1 Box
Ceedrus (BBTS) 1 Box

Owen Lars Chase:
Outkast34 (HLJ) 1 Box

Unknown:
I am Sith (NCS)?
Brent S (NCS)?
Tiny?
kaysui?

1:7 boxes so far - definitely not our usual odds.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 11:25 AM by JediJman »

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 10, 2011, 08:41 AM »
I'm curious what companies like NCS or HLJ do with their inserts, as I imagine the majority of their sales were for individual boxes.

Funny you should ask because I sent NCS a question about that a few weeks ago.  They responded that they give them to buyers who ordered two boxes or more.

I'll have to keep my eyes open for a bay listing that doesn't break the bank.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 10, 2011, 09:42 AM »
I'm curious what companies like NCS or HLJ do with their inserts, as I imagine the majority of their sales were for individual boxes.

Funny you should ask because I sent NCS a question about that a few weeks ago.  They responded that they give them to buyers who ordered two boxes or more.

I'll have to keep my eyes open for a bay listing that doesn't break the bank.

That's what they had told me with DX1 and 2 as well, but I don't remember seeing anyone saying they received one. For 1 and 2 our group was still getting mastercases, so someone ended up with a chase, and a second person got the background. that left 2 out of luck, which I think killed our big group purchases  :-\

Offline Jonny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 10, 2011, 10:31 AM »
I’m really surprised by the lack of chases this time around. Even with DX2 it took a while before the AT-ST driver reached the crazy prices that he commands now. The Rebel Trooper was pretty easy to come by too as far as I can recall. With DX3 it feels like there is much less product out there…Can this be put down to lower production numbers? Or is it the case that retailers are still awaiting stock…I really hope it’s the latter as this trend is killing the hobby for me. I love these figures but the hunt for the chases is becoming an ordeal…

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 10, 2011, 10:45 AM »
I’m really surprised by the lack of chases this time around. Even with DX2 it took a while before the AT-ST driver reached the crazy prices that he commands now. The Rebel Trooper was pretty easy to come by too as far as I can recall. With DX3 it feels like there is much less product out there…Can this be put down to lower production numbers? Or is it the case that retailers are still awaiting stock…I really hope it’s the latter as this trend is killing the hobby for me. I love these figures but the hunt for the chases is becoming an ordeal…

I'm a little shocked too.  Maybe it is still early - I know half the guys here haven't received anything yet, but seems odd that we've only seen two Owens on Ebay and maybe a couple of full 9-figure sets.  Could be that production is down or maybe popularity is up, so less people are selling their chases?  What worries me is that BBTS, NCS, and HLJ are now all out of stock, so it sure doesn't seem like the number of chases available is going to pick up.  Hopefully the next few weeks brings out a few more opportunities.  I'm hoping that some of these rarer figures make another appearance somehow on cards or multi-packs or else I'm never going to get them. 

I'm with you on the chase frustration - its one thing when things are hard to get or expensive.  Its something totally different when you just can't even find something rare at any price.   >:(

Offline tiny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 10, 2011, 10:53 AM »
BBTS still has DX3 boxes and cases, but I noticed they raised the prices of the box from 194 to 209, and perhaps the MC?  I haven't found a deal yet on a box, so I'm holding out for now.

Offline kaysui0248

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 10, 2011, 11:17 AM »
My SWDX3 MC has arrived in the UK but not progessing any further through the postal system.  >:(

Looks like I will have to pay custom charges :( . Another expense I don't need!!!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 10, 2011, 11:31 AM »

I'm a little shocked too.  Maybe it is still early - I know half the guys here haven't received anything yet, but seems odd that we've only seen two Owens on Ebay and maybe a couple of full 9-figure sets.  Could be that production is down or maybe popularity is up, so less people are selling their chases?  What worries me is that BBTS, NCS, and HLJ are now all out of stock, so it sure doesn't seem like the number of chases available is going to pick up.  Hopefully the next few weeks brings out a few more opportunities.  I'm hoping that some of these rarer figures make another appearance somehow on cards or multi-packs or else I'm never going to get them. 

I'm with you on the chase frustration - its one thing when things are hard to get or expensive.  Its something totally different when you just can't even find something rare at any price.   >:(

4 Owen's, 1 currently marked as a Ben... as for full 9 figure set's, 6 set's bin'd... Hammerhead, nada on the bay thus far... very sad...