Author Topic: Deluxe Series 3 - Tatooine  (Read 132685 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Deluxe Series 3 - Tatooine
« Reply #330 on: August 17, 2011, 09:34 AM »
Updated...

Looks like you left I am Sith off the list by accident.

Ack - sorry!  Corrected now.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 17, 2011, 12:35 PM »
not that it matters too much but i got my box from BBTS.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 17, 2011, 01:23 PM »
not that it matters too much but i got my box from BBTS.

I assume by this that you got no chases?   :(
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline smokebelch

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 17, 2011, 02:48 PM »
Just received my regular set- gotta say im so impressed with the Landspeeder. Really is beautiful, and the engineering to put it together is very clever. Love the little touch of the little clear 'bubbles' on the bottom to make it float, and the scale is just about perfect- was always a little unimpressed with the AT-ST scale wise, just seemed to small.
Also not sure if its been mentioned yet, but love the fact that Luke's lightsabre blade is removeable, and that you can hang the hilt on his belt.
Bit of a shame Hammerhead is going to be so unobtainable, one of my favourite characters- but thats medicom for you I suppose. Outside of the impossible to get chases though really digging this wave  :D

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 17, 2011, 08:24 PM »
Did anyone from here nab the Owen off Ebay a few minutes ago?  I had it up until the last two seconds of the auction.   ::)  Just can't justify that much with other recent purchases.   :-\

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 17, 2011, 08:50 PM »
I have yet to receive my invoice for my item, so I don't have as much detail about the fees and how they breakdown.  I'll let you know once I do though.

I got my invoice tonight.  The figure I purchased was $68.  The in-country shipping, shipping to US, and Celga fees came out to $25.  So my final price for a Blue Stars Snowtrooper ended up at $93 shipped.   Much better than I could have gotten off ebay for sure!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 17, 2011, 09:15 PM »
I have yet to receive my invoice for my item, so I don't have as much detail about the fees and how they breakdown.  I'll let you know once I do though.

I got my invoice tonight.  The figure I purchased was $68.  The in-country shipping, shipping to US, and Celga fees came out to $25.  So my final price for a Blue Stars Snowtrooper ended up at $93 shipped.   Much better than I could have gotten off ebay for sure!

Wow, that is awesome!  I can't believe the fees/shipping was so low.  What is their commission?  Onejp charges $21 minimum and $7 bank fee, so you're out $28 before you even pay any shipping costs.   ::)  Nice score!

Offline smokebelch

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 18, 2011, 05:15 PM »
Quick shot of luke in his floppy hat/poncho combo- have to say he's probably my favourite figure from the wave (well of the regular 6 anyways).

Nice Hat! by smokebelch, on Flickr

Like the fact that he's 'breakable' as well, these always feel slightly better quality than the 'unbreakable' figs. Hoth Luke was the same. Have to say I've always felt a bit dissapointed with some of the Star Wars Kubs for this reason- understand that they have to for licensing reasons- but some of mine have such wobbly legs they can hardly stand up! The paint and design is always great just feel the 'construction' can let em down a bit- esp if you end up paying a premium for a figure.
Does seem to be more figures in the recent waves that are 'breakable' and looking at the pics of Hammerhead he seems to be too  :) (not that i'll ever be able to afford him though!)

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 18, 2011, 07:47 PM »
Nice! You should put together some kind of star wars kubrick coffee table book or something.

Luke is one of my faves from this wave as well. I need to pick up a spare so I can have one in the landspeeder, one wearing the poncho and use the extra poncho for b&w boba fett. I didn't realize you can hang the saber on his belt-- that's sweet.  :)

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 18, 2011, 07:54 PM »
I need to pick up a spare so I can have one in the landspeeder, one wearing the poncho and use the extra poncho for b&w boba fett.

I need to do the same for Obi-Wan. I have him sat in the landspeeder because it's the most obvious place to put him. However I also feel it's a waste of the vinyl and lightsaber features so an extra would be nice.
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 18, 2011, 08:19 PM »
I need to do the same for Obi-Wan. I have him sat in the landspeeder because it's the most obvious place to put him. However I also feel it's a waste of the vinyl and lightsaber features so an extra would be nice.

True. I've kept Obi Wan out of the speeder after realizing that his cape would get dinged up if i tried to squeeze him in, and I don't want to take his cape off cuz of the waste of vinyl/saber issue you mentioned. Might be a convenient excuse to pick up the grey haired version.  >:D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:19 PM by MikeT »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 19, 2011, 12:35 AM »

True. I've kept Obi Wan out of the speeder after realizing that his cape would get dinged up if i tried to squeeze him in, and I don't want to take his cape off cuz of the waste of vinyl/saber issue you mentioned. Might be a convenient excuse to pick up the grey haired version.  >:D

You're going to need a better excuse with the prices that thing is commanding.  I  want the graybeard, but have yet to see one for anywhere close to $100.   :P

Offline smokebelch

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 19, 2011, 01:47 AM »
I didn't realize you can hang the saber on his belt-- that's sweet.  :)

Yeah before I got the figure I hadn't seen that you could, but noticed the little hanger on his belt- and the loop on his sabre and figured must be for a reason. Getting the blade out was a bit tricky at first as didn't want to break it, but removes ok. Really nice touch I thought  ;D

Offline ceedrus

• Youngling
  • You truly belong here with us among the clouds
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 19, 2011, 07:51 AM »
Nice! You should put together some kind of star wars kubrick coffee table book or something.

He's right smokeblech, Your pictures are awesome. Some of them you even forget they are just figures.

Offline smokebelch

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 19, 2011, 01:38 PM »

He's right smokeblech, Your pictures are awesome. Some of them you even forget they are just figures.

Haha thanks guys, glad you dig em  ;D