Author Topic: Deluxe Series 3 - Tatooine  (Read 132696 times)

Offline Bobajode

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Deluxe Series 3 - Tatooine
« Reply #345 on: August 19, 2011, 04:52 PM »
Hey Smokebelch, your photos are fantastic, what do you use to light the figures? I love photography but can't get anywhere near your quality of lighting!

ps. is your tag anything to do with an Underworld track?

Offline smokebelch

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 19, 2011, 05:13 PM »
Hey Smokebelch, your photos are fantastic, what do you use to light the figures? I love photography but can't get anywhere near your quality of lighting!

ps. is your tag anything to do with an Underworld track?
Thanks man, got a pretty simple set up for my shots. I use my Ipod touch with a torch app to light em, and take them on a slow exposure. Takes a bit of playing round to get a good effect, but works really well. So long as you can change the exposure time on your camera will work with any led light source ie mobile phone etc.

And close on the tag- actually from a Sabres Of Paradise track, originally from same era as Underworld.

Haha back on topic, really want to get some beach 'tatooine' shots of the Landspeeder in action  ;)

Offline Bobajode

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 19, 2011, 05:54 PM »
Andy weatherall, can't believe I forgot that  :-[

Cheers for the lighting tips, I'll give that a bash.

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 19, 2011, 07:57 PM »
True. I've kept Obi Wan out of the speeder after realizing that his cape would get dinged up if i tried to squeeze him in, and I don't want to take his cape off cuz of the waste of vinyl/saber issue you mentioned. Might be a convenient excuse to pick up the grey haired version.  >:D

You're going to need a better excuse with the prices that thing is commanding.  I  want the graybeard, but have yet to see one for anywhere close to $100.   :P

I don't think I'd even pay $100. Prices on it seem to be cooling a bit on Yahoo so if it ever falls to around $50-60 I'll get it. Would've been cool if they had done a cantina band member type thing and packed half the obi boxes with white hair and the other half grey.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 19, 2011, 11:34 PM »
True. I've kept Obi Wan out of the speeder after realizing that his cape would get dinged up if i tried to squeeze him in, and I don't want to take his cape off cuz of the waste of vinyl/saber issue you mentioned. Might be a convenient excuse to pick up the grey haired version.  >:D

You're going to need a better excuse with the prices that thing is commanding.  I  want the graybeard, but have yet to see one for anywhere close to $100.   :P

I don't think I'd even pay $100. Prices on it seem to be cooling a bit on Yahoo so if it ever falls to around $50-60 I'll get it. Would've been cool if they had done a cantina band member type thing and packed half the obi boxes with white hair and the other half grey.

Yeah I like that idea.  But then we wouldn't be paying $50-60 for a carded version.  :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 25, 2011, 01:40 PM »
Hammerhead is on his way from Japan.   8)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline ceedrus

• Youngling
  • You truly belong here with us among the clouds
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 25, 2011, 01:42 PM »

if they happen to pack two by mistake let me know lol  ;D Congrats Man!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 25, 2011, 04:39 PM »

if they happen to pack two by mistake let me know lol  ;D Congrats Man!

Ha!  If they are going to make a mistake, I hope they accidently include an AT-ST Driver.   ;)

Offline ceedrus

• Youngling
    • View Profile

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline ceedrus

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 27, 2011, 01:54 AM »
wish it was just hammerhead :(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-KUBRICK-DX-3-TOP-SECRET-HAMMERHEAD-/220841054462?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336b2710fe

Holy Shite .. 350 it would of been mine but I don't think I could ever spend almost 500 for a kubrick. plus it would be a trip to disney world or hammerhead lol.... Mickey wins all the time.

this is really insane, why does he have to be the chase. I have always wanted him as a figure but not at that price .

Thanks for posting the link dude.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 27, 2011, 10:12 PM »
Thanks to Justin I now have my hands on these, and I am turning in to a complete fan of the vintagy vibe Medicom is putting together. My series 2 tuskens can hang out with the Hasbro Bantha, and the new one can go in a more vintage display setting. I'm looking forward to series 4 even more now, so that Vader and Leia can get their vinyl goodness alongside Obi Wan and the raider. I hope they do a Jawa up that fits in to the scheme.  :)

I'm bummed the DX series are so expensive for boxes, and I have virtually no desire to get into the chase chase. I would gladly give up the vehicles to get back to a more reasonable ($100-125) chase price.  :-\

Offline Jonny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 28, 2011, 01:24 PM »
Just got back from two weeks holidays and came home to lots of new Kubricks. My DX3 base set and Hammerhead arrived, as did the carded Ben, R2 and J-Slot Boba...very happy overall. Now all I have to do is track down Owen....

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 28, 2011, 04:37 PM »
Got my Mos Eisley display set up. A little bit jumbled but it's a work in progress...

Offline ceedrus

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 29, 2011, 07:50 AM »
very nice there Mike... very jealous!