Author Topic: Deluxe Series 3 - Tatooine  (Read 132974 times)

Offline GeneralVeers

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Deluxe Series 3 - Tatooine
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2011, 03:30 PM »
Sandtrooper is a must for, given its the black pauldron version and of course since you get the hover droid (Mark IV Sentry Droid i believe)  ;D
The thing is, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2011, 06:37 PM »
Holy crap! Garindan rocks- I love the cartooney color scheme they used on him. Kind of bummed that they didn't give R5 a blown motivator or something. He looks identical to the TRU version.  :-\

I'm with you on Garindan, but I would have been ok with a darker scheme as well.

The R5 uses the two legged mold like they did to R2 for the 2 pack, other than that, ya, more of the same.

I'm hoping for good chases as well, but after seeing what happened with the dx series 2 chase prices, I don't want them to be too good.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2011, 06:49 PM »
Little boring as most of these are rereleases...although I love the vintage nods to Obi-Wan and Sandpeople

Those "vinyl" capes are freakin' fantastic.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2011, 08:41 PM »
I still haven't and probably won't track down the Hoth chases...Hammerhead would be a must buy for me if they do him :-[

Same.  I'm really disappointed too that they made two core vintage figures chase pieces, especially after the last AT-ST driver topped $500  ::)  Sorry, but I am now in the boat of hoping they remake that figure in a box set in a slightly different version or something to really piss of those that dropped that much coin.  I didn't pick up the Rebel chase either. 

So I'm hoping that the chase figures will be something I can live without.  But I will admit the Hoth series still eats at me as those are the only chase figures I want but don't have.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline tiny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2011, 10:08 PM »
Thanks for sharing the large photos, they look great!  I hope the Sandtrooper and Tusken are at LEAST 2 or 3:12 ratio-packed.

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2011, 01:00 AM »
I'll pick up any of the chases for this series in later boxsets.
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2011, 01:14 AM »
These are pretty sweet.  Now to decide if I want to buy a box or go for the set of 6 from Ebay.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2011, 10:44 AM »
Very cool! I'll probably just go for the set of six this time and skip the box of 12 route. One thing I noticed: it looks like they cheaped out on the Luke in that Landspeeder shot - his shirt detail is clearly missing.  :-\
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2011, 11:38 AM »
While these are cool looking Kubricks, I have to say that I'm not really sure what to think of them.  I think the nod to the Vintage figures is pretty neat but not necessarily "my thing".  If they don't make all the vintage figures with the vinyl capes then I think the collection will always look incomplete.  I'm still going to order a box of 12 (against my better judgement) and hope I can pull a chase.  Hopefully we'll get some sort of Cantina aliens (Hammerhead preferred) but we'll probably not be so lucky.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2011, 07:26 PM »
I hope the photo is a test shot for the Sandtrooper- I would like them to at least vary the "dirt" deco from the original S2 figure. That picture makes it look like it will be identical to the orange and white flavors.

Too bad they skimped on Luke's shirt deco- I wonder what his hair looks like under the hat?

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2011, 09:00 PM »
I agree that it sucks they are using the same deco for the Sandtrooper, but I'm glad that they added the extra part of the pauldron on his left shoulder.  Makes it at least somewhat different than the carded version.  Other than that, I'm just okay with this release.  Would have liked them to have Cantina Aliens, but I can only hope that they have them as chases.  As far as the floppy hat Luke, I have to believe that the hair and hat are one piece and that you'd need to substitute an EB, Series 4, Series 5 or DLX Series 1 Luke hair piece if you wanted to have this one without the hat.  Depending on the price, I'll probably still get a box of 12 with the hope of pulling a chase.  However, if these end up topping $200 for a box this year, I'll be perfectly fine with picking up a set of 6 and the Landspeeder on the secondary market...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2011, 11:57 PM »

Too bad they skimped on Luke's shirt deco- I wonder what his hair looks like under the hat?

I'm thinking that the hat and hair may be fully integrated. At least that is what I thought when I looked at it.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2011, 05:39 PM »
It just looks like his poncho is a hard plastic item, so I was thinking either the hat, hat & hair, or head need to come off to get the poncho off.

Overall, my POTF2 landspeeder had been working fine, the GH Jabba looked good enough on the vintage throne, and the AT-ST doesn't serve much of a purpose. I guess the DX series just haven't done much to wow me. I miss the old days of series 5,  6 and 7- great prices, exciting line-ups, and fun chases (Yakface is still my favorite). Maybe they are hitting the Hasbro wall, needing to get main characters in every series, but I don't get the brick buzz I used to.

Offline karamazov80

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 9, 2011, 04:47 PM »
I'm a bit bummed at the lack of a chest tampo underneath Luke's poncho.  Looks kind of silly sitting in the Speeder with a white chest block.  And you can't use the Early Bird version, if memory serves, because he's wearing the vinyl-type skirt and can't be taken apart.
Back off man, I'm a scientist.

Offline tiny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2011, 09:42 PM »
first pre-order I've seen...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Medicom-Star-Wars-Kubrick-DX-Series-3-Set-of-7pcs_W0QQitemZ110648604200QQcategoryZ48972QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7094001480973208241

Not too bad for $116 shipped for the set considering what most DX1 and DX2 sets are going for.  I bought a box of 12 off random sellers, but wonder if anyone is interested in breaking up a case of 48 in the Chicagoland area, let me know.