Author Topic: Wonder Festival '09 Summer Carded Chewbacca  (Read 18069 times)

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Wonder Festival '09 Summer Carded Chewbacca
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2009, 02:00 PM »
I usually pass on all carded exclusives but this is a MUST for me... sigh... Hopefully it's not too hard to get.

Hey, long time no see! I thought you might be down for this one when I saw it lol

Holy moly! How are you!!! Hehehe, yeah I've been away for a while with a ton of life changes. Well that and the lack of OT Kubricks.  ;D

Same here. I love the kubs, but OT ones are what I really love heheh. Can`t wait for those
to come around.
Adam

Offline SaaiBork

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 04:21 PM »
Tokyo Hunter had a post of this the other day. You can order with him until the 25th of July, but I don't know what his fee will be.
http://tokyohunter.blogspot.com/2009/06/medicom-star-wars-kubrick-chewbacca.html

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 04:33 PM »
Can you clarify if this is a raffle or not?  My contact in Japan had indicated that this was a raffle procedure like many previous items where the supply is quite limited.  Limit of one per household as well, I believe.  No price information on my end either, but I'd guess it'll be in that $15-25 range from Medicom themselves and then skyrocket in auctions before settling out. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline SaaiBork

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 04:50 PM »
The order form at bearbrick indeed says it's limited to 1 per address/family. Don't know about the raffle thingy.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2009, 05:12 PM »
Can you clarify if this is a raffle or not?  My contact in Japan had indicated that this was a raffle procedure like many previous items where the supply is quite limited.  Limit of one per household as well, I believe.  No price information on my end either, but I'd guess it'll be in that $15-25 range from Medicom themselves and then skyrocket in auctions before settling out.  

Reading comprehension...   ::)

So a carded Chewy limited to 1000 pieces, looks like 500 at the show & 500 online I think.

Limited to 1000.  500 at the show, 500 on-line.  Like always, if more than 500 people order via the website, it is a raffle to decide who gets them (limit 1 per address).

Also...

1,575 yen is approx $16.55 US. 60mm = 2.36".

1575 Yen = $16.50 USD plus shipping if you are lucky enough to get one from Medicom.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 05:13 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2009, 05:26 PM »
Yeah, I got the 500 online thing, what wasn't abundantly clear was raffle or no.  I was informed raffle when my bud ordered, so I was wondering if there was clarification that this had been stated somewhere else as an absolute occurrence.  He has yet to miss out on a raffle, so I can't say whether they actually ever get the maximum number of orders or not.  It is somewhat difficult to tell amongst all the excitement we generate at this site with our foolishly rabid toy habit.  So I asked, shoot me :P

Yes, I missed Dale's original price post, sorry.  But what no one seems to ever factor in is the shipping cost within Japan above that 1575 Yen price, so my ballpark price of $15-25 is bang on.  Now go crap on SaaiBork for asking and causing me to answer.  ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2009, 08:41 PM »

The top picture looks more like the Earlybird Chewie but the bottom picture his satchel and belt are a different colour.
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 12:40 PM »
Medicom update; Bablefish translation:

[wandahuesuteibaru] 2009 (summer) the opening commemoration limited commodity 2009 July 26th sale schedule queue/cue brick Special No.322 KUBRICK CHEWBACCA (TM) Distribution price ¥1,575 (including tax) - Total height approximately 60mm - Blister card specification ●1,000 body limitation meeting place sale: 500pcs/net sale: 500pcs

As for this commodity 2009 July 26th (day) [wandahuesuteibaru] which is held 2009 (summer) commemorating opening, it is the commodity which is sold. Desired one please reads below, purchases. [Opening day] 2009 July 26th (day) [opening place] Makuhari [metsuse]       

When it modifies the international display room 4.5.6.7 .8 hole [the sale place] at our company booth (the day not to refuse, it is) [sale start time] the day morning 10: * As for sale also each commodity, 1 other person 1 limits from 00 to sale end. As for application Project1/6 optimistic market store and Yahoo! Being acceptance possible even at the shopping store.

So again a edition size of 1000, 500 at the show & 500 online by the lokks of it. 1575 yen is about $16.60 US.

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2009, 01:40 PM »
Tokyo Hunter had a post of this the other day. You can order with him until the 25th of July, but I don't know what his fee will be.
http://tokyohunter.blogspot.com/2009/06/medicom-star-wars-kubrick-chewbacca.html

He's charging 4000 yen per piece not including shipping
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2009, 11:07 AM »
1st carded pic of Chewy.

Offline bigj22

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2009, 11:29 AM »

He's charging 4000 yen per piece not including shipping

I paid 65.00 for it which included shipping to the US from him. I should get it in 6-10 days.

Offline kaysui0248

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2009, 11:41 AM »
looks like a few have appeared on yahoo jp auctions sites

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h132402904
http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h132395070

ebay price will be hiked up as usual

Offline BFLV

• Youngling
  • Fan of kubricks
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2009, 02:09 PM »
A better pic

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2009, 04:36 PM »
I paid 65.00 for it which included shipping to the US from him. I should get it in 6-10 days.

Just got my confirmation from him as well.  Mine ships on Tuesday.  Can't wait!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2009, 08:42 PM »
I got my confirmation today from him too.