Author Topic: TRU Force Unleashed Box Sets (was Legacy Wave 14)  (Read 85448 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Force Unleashed Box Sets (was Legacy Wave 14)
« Reply #135 on: April 24, 2010, 03:40 PM »
I knew I wasn't crazy!!!

Bummer that that one got dropped. Would have been an awesome squad leader.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 25, 2010, 03:58 PM »
Wow!... I was digging the shadow trooper w/ removable helmet... the only thing is that his face covering/ninja disguise thingy looks a little different for a stormtrooper.

And does anyone know whether or not the Mandalorian Starkiller uses the Evolutions Jango Fett's arms? They look very similar, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were indeed the same. 
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #137 on: April 26, 2010, 01:16 PM »
Toys"R"Us.com has added the 2 new The Force Unleashed Figures Pack to their online store. As of now, there are no pictures but each set is currently available and qualify for the buy one, get one 50% off promotion.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 01:16 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline evilanimation

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 26, 2010, 03:21 PM »
What He ^ Said!!!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #139 on: April 26, 2010, 06:11 PM »
For those that have the set, how different is this JumpTrooper from the 30AC version?

I know the EVOtrooper has the ugly yellow camo to make him different, but what about the JumpTrooper - is the only difference a lack of dirt on his boots?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #140 on: April 26, 2010, 06:25 PM »
The new Jump trooper comes with a jet pack and different weapon.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 06:28 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 26, 2010, 07:13 PM »
I was just coming over to post about this and the TRU coupon code I found but I see it already made it to the front page.  I bought one of each sets plus the GI Joe internet exclusive MARS trooper 3 pack that was clearanced down to $7.50 to tip the scales so I could then use the "936072" coupon to get $10 for ordering $50 of merch   ;D

Rock on - now I have one less thing to bug TRU employees about!

and ooo I got a free mighty bean with my order - whatever that is...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 26, 2010, 08:57 PM »
and ooo I got a free mighty bean with my order - whatever that is...

It's some kind of collector's guide.  I got one tacked on my order as well.  Hopefully one of my locals have kids who are into that stuff.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 27, 2010, 01:34 PM »
Well, unfortunately, they either sold out overnight or they have pulled them from the site 'cause they realized people were getting the buy one, get second for 50% off on something that's brand new...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 27, 2010, 01:49 PM »
The new Jump trooper comes with a jet pack and different weapon.

He's also a re-paint. Slight, but a re-paint none-the-less. Darker colours and the red stripe on his head is more centered.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 28, 2010, 01:17 PM »
Scored these this morning at a local TRU - was able to take advantage of the Buy One, Get Second 50% Off promotion they are running now, so each set of two cost me $45 instead of $60. Not bad!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 28, 2010, 02:22 PM »
Yeah that's a great price - I scored some too with the sale.  Tempted to hit another area TRU and see if I can grab a couple more.  The figures are great outside of the Evo trooper I think (kinda so-so on the translucent Stormie, but a local friend wants all that I get), and the others that I have extras of are going to be great for custom fodder (like Juno and both versions of Galen).

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 28, 2010, 03:29 PM »
I saw these this morning too for the first time, but they failed to restock any of the EU Wave.  :(

I really hope TRU gets their act together before Saturday, or that is going to be one pathetic endcap display.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 28, 2010, 09:48 PM »
I started opening these up and since I have two sets to open, I was really hoping that Hasbro had done us a huge favor and made it so the two new Galen Marek figures could be used to supply new heads to the two figures from the Vader's Apprentice Evolutions set.

Unfortunately, neither new head fits on the ball for the "Light Side" version of the Apprentice. So that's out.

The head from the Junk Planet gear version of Marek will work on the body from the initial outfit figure, but it sits alittle "low" on the neck and that figure's head works fine on the new figure's body, but rides too "high" so unless you pitch the head forward the shoulder wrap doesn't cover the nose and mouth.

For people like me who are buying more than one set to have multiples of the army builders, it would definitely have been a nice bonus if I could have used the new Galen heads to update the Evolutions set figures.

Oh well...

The sets are great though, I am very tempted to score another two sets just so I can four of each of the army builders (eight in the case of the cloaked Stormtrooper).
Peter

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 30, 2010, 11:52 AM »
I'm pretty happy with these boxed sets. I was fortunate enough to get two of each.

I know I won't need the extra Garen Maleks though, or the extra Giraffe EVO trooper. So those are up for sale. I'll sell them all three for $14 or $5 each for the Maleks and $4 for the giraffe EVO trooper.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 11:56 AM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010