Author Topic: TRU Force Unleashed Box Sets (was Legacy Wave 14)  (Read 85628 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: TRU Force Unleashed Box Sets (was Legacy Wave 14)
« Reply #165 on: May 3, 2010, 08:02 PM »
Am I the only one who was surprised to find the Shadow Stormtrooper is in both boxes?  I Thought there were 10 different figures across the two sets, not nine.  It's kind of a cool figure, though I'd rather have two Militia than two SS's.

Yeah, that switcheroo was discovered when they started leaking out early. My bet is that the other trooper was maybe pulled to use as another game launch or convention exclusive.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 3, 2010, 08:04 PM »
i wouldnt mind ordering from e-tailers but i always enjoyed the thrill of the hunt per say,nothing like walking in to a store and seeing the wave or figure you have been waiting for,imo it made it all worth while,sadly,its hard to run across that feeling with all the hasbro and retail blunders these days

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #167 on: May 3, 2010, 08:19 PM »
I've never been a big "hunter" really.  I go on toy runs but I prefer to just walk in and find stuff.  I like getting new stuff in general, so where I get it doesn't really matter so long as I'm not paying above retail for it, haha.

The news sounds positive that more are coming though, so I wouldn't worry about that...  And I'll keep my eyes peeled in the area too for these when I'm out and about.  I was really hoping to knock these out and call it a day till August.  Looks like I'll have some running to do till then though, but hopefully not for long. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 3, 2010, 09:24 PM »
I've never been a big "hunter" really.  I go on toy runs but I prefer to just walk in and find stuff.  I like getting new stuff in general, so where I get it doesn't really matter so long as I'm not paying above retail for it, haha.

The news sounds positive that more are coming though, so I wouldn't worry about that...  And I'll keep my eyes peeled in the area too for these when I'm out and about.  I was really hoping to knock these out and call it a day till August.  Looks like I'll have some running to do till then though, but hopefully not for long. 
i hera ya on that bud,i too will keep my eye out

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 4, 2010, 10:20 AM »
My bet is that the other trooper was maybe pulled to use as another game launch or convention exclusive.

Good thinking Jay.   ;)  As goofy as he looked - I was looking forward to him.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #170 on: May 4, 2010, 02:38 PM »
On my hunt for EU today I saw a repacked TFU set. It was the Mano/Proxy set. The clear Stormie was swapped with a commtech stormie. The other four figures were untouched. First off the clear Stormtroopers is absolutely atrocious. I personally sold off all 4 of mine. Secondly why go to all that trouble especially when you got the set on sale. Thirdly he could have sold the other 4 figures and made money on the set and basically got the clear Stormy free.

Repacks really urk me. Repacking for a really dumb repaint that looks absolutely ridiculous only throws salt on the wound. This punk probably hogged all of the EU wave to boot.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 4, 2010, 05:32 PM »
i went again today to look and no dice,this is freakin annoying,why even have a "street date" if they cant even get these figures in stock by the date???someone dropped the ball here imo and i am starting to think it wasnt hasbro as much as it is tru >:(
EDIT:i thought this was the eu figures thread :-\ lol,my bad 
« Last Edit: May 4, 2010, 05:35 PM by STARKILLER »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #172 on: May 4, 2010, 05:38 PM »
That's alright, learning curve. You can always really edit it and say "I love these sets" and paste your previous post in the other thread.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 4, 2010, 07:55 PM »
That's alright, learning curve. You can always really edit it and say "I love these sets" and paste your previous post in the other thread.
lol,thanks,i actually do love set 1,the galen in extreme conditions gear is imo the best one of him yet

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 6, 2010, 11:07 PM »
I LOVE Galen's new lightsaber sculpt! Hasbro really must have made the original Galen on the spot, because even his lightsaber sculpt was waaay off! I hope that they redo him in his basic training gear.

Oh, and both Galen's of the set could do with better headsculpts - Jedi Starkiller had a dead-on likeness!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 20, 2010, 09:20 PM »
These have hit Canada recently so I picked up the PROXY set. Very nice batch of figures, even the phasing shadow stormtrooper. I wasn't expecting to like the guy, but he's grown on me quite a bit. I wonder if we'll get any more for Force Unleashed, not that I can think of too much else that I'd consider important. Blind Kota and maybe Kazdan Paratus would be cool.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 29, 2010, 09:49 AM »
I don't remember seeing this posted anywhere - if it has I apologize.

Tunghori has the black phasing troopers that were supposed to be in this pack up for sale in 5 man groups such as in this auction here:  http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-Lot-5-Force-Unleased-SHADOW-STORMTROOPER-/370413093014?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563e574096

thought I would post incase anyone was interested.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #177 on: July 29, 2010, 12:34 PM »
Aren't those just the Shadow Trooper that were released with the Emperor in the 2008 WM/2009 TRU Exclusive TFU 3 packs?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 12:35 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 29, 2010, 01:08 PM »
Aren't those just the Shadow Trooper that were released with the Emperor in the 2008 WM/2009 TRU Exclusive TFU 3 packs?

That's what they look like to me, but I'm at work now so I can't really compare.

For him to have those figures would mean that Hasbro produced them all and then at the last minute swapped them out with the clear one.

While that is possible, I got the impression from Hasbro's Q&A answers on the subject that LFL rejected the Shadowtrooper with the removable helmet - so I would have just assumed that it never was mass produced.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 29, 2010, 01:40 PM »
My little brother picked up a clearanced TFU 3-pack set (the original Palps and Shadow Troopers), and I was very surprised to see that the Shadow Troopers had a somewhat wider stance than the usual stormtrooper figures we see that look like they really gotta go. Were the troopers in the most recent TFU sets similar?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"