Author Topic: San Diego Comic-Con 2009  (Read 24896 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
San Diego Comic-Con 2009
« on: July 7, 2009, 01:02 PM »
Well, the time for the panel has been announced...

Friday, July 24th - 10-11 AM (Pacific):
Hasbro Star Wars
(Room 7AB)
Featuring Derryl DePriest (Hasbro Global Marketing), Brian Parrish (Hasbro Design), Mark Boudreaux (Hasbro Design), Brian Merten (Hasbro Design), Chad Donvito (Hasbro US Marketing) and Vickie Stratford (Hasbro Design). Come to the Hasbro Star Wars Panel to hear what the Hasbro Design and Marketing teams have in store for the remainder of 2009. Catch a special sneak peek into some 2010 secrets, too! Also includes Q&A time.

Just a little over 2 more weeks until the show.  What are you all hoping to see? 

I'm expecting a bunch of new vehicles since they've been teasing so many lately and I'm really hoping we get to see all the way to the end of the year - Wave 9 (RotJ), Wave 10 (ANH), Wave 11 (RotS), and Wave 12 (ESB).  Wave 13 (EU) would be nice, but I can wait for Toy Fair on that one if needed.  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2009
« Reply #1 on: July 8, 2009, 03:44 AM »
There's a chance that the EU wave *MIGHT* make it out before the holidays.  But the schedule would be tight.  And the way Legacy's been a little slow at retail, I'm a little more pessimistic about that wave making it out before Toy Fair.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #2 on: July 8, 2009, 09:46 AM »
I just want some surprises.  It seems that we know more and more each year before Comicon (and Toy Fair), and the actual event seems a little bit of a letdown.  For instance, why did Hasbro relaese that picture of the Ewoks yesterday, and take away from their premiere at Comicon?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 8, 2009, 10:56 AM »
I'm easy. New movie line stuff is always exciting, however, I'll be suffering through all things Clone Wars and Galactic Heroes during the presentation. 
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: July 8, 2009, 01:49 PM »
Jabba's dias. I know we are getting jabba, i am not convinced yet we are getting the dias.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline darthjaybay

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 8, 2009, 03:04 PM »
Did I miss something, was Jabba confirmed?  Would love to see a jedi jabba!!!

I expect to see all the waves through the end of the year, the AT-ST, a few battlepacks and some new comic packs.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #6 on: July 8, 2009, 03:45 PM »
Right!  I want to see the Camie and Fixer comic pack.  Never, ever, ever thought that they would be made into figures.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: July 8, 2009, 04:22 PM »
Right!  I want to see the Camie and Fixer comic pack.  Never, ever, ever thought that they would be made into figures.

Uh, I wouldn't hold your breath for that Camie/Fixer pack...  from the June 12th Q&A:

"Actually, the Camie & Fixer pack has been removed from the Comic Pack lineup due to some changes we had to make to balance the tooling budget (the tooling bill was staggering and could not do everything we wanted). We are looking for a home for the set, and it will eventually come out, but have not settled on final plans yet. In any case, it's too soon to release any pics on that. It would likely be early Spring of next year before we talked about it."
« Last Edit: July 8, 2009, 04:23 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 8, 2009, 07:03 PM »
I just want to see a new Jabba.  Am I setting myself up for disappointment?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 8, 2009, 07:31 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing the new vehicle offerings as well as finished versions of certain prototypes. (Tri-Droid, Snail Tank)

The 3 3/4 figures have been rather boring, but I cannot wait to see the rest of the ROTJ figures as well as the Geonosis sets. Everything else will be gravy.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 10:12 PM »
At this point I just want to see the ROTJ wave, Jabba The Hutt and the Geonosian 2 packs.  Well I really want to see more but those figures and Jabba have me the most interested going into Comic Con.  I actually like the Clone Wars cartoon and my son loves it.  So, I am interested to see what comes from that also.  We have bascially seen the Wal-Mart evolutions sets so that is rather anti-climatic.  Yeah, Camie and Fixer would have been nice to see instead of repacks.  Ughhh.  They are going to end up killing the comic packs off yet just like the Titaniums I think. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 10:13 PM »
I might shed a tear...they should be unveiling Willrow Hood that week.  It is sort of surreal :)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 10:20 PM »
How could I forget Willrow!?  Yeah, that will be great!

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 07:51 AM »
I 'm really anticipating the mystery Cantina patrons as always. Other than that there is a ton, like R3O1, Zuckuss,Willrow,Major Panno,the concept figures et all. :)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 10:46 AM »
At this point I'm wondering how much is going to get leaked just before preview night.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."