Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 227742 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #105 on: March 9, 2004, 01:38 AM »
We're sad to report that Masters is no longer at US mass retailers. It's definitely not due to Mattel's lack of interest, but because of lackluster sales that led to no support in Spring 2004.

The new line of Snake Men are currently being distributed through websites, magazines, and specialty retail stores. This will continue to be the case in the future for US sales.

The future of the cartoon will be determined at a later date. Ratings were average in the US. However the show continues to do extremely well internationally.

We are still working through the details on DVDs. Whatever cartoons are released via DVD would be packaged as sets in the US. That's all we can say at the moment. International fans should not be discouraged by this.

There is still full support for the international market. It is unfortunate how Masters has performed in the US. But as long as international sales continue as they are, we will continue the line internationally. We are even getting ready to shoot commercials for Spitbull and the Mecha Crunch Action figures.

Toys that have only been released internationally will probably not make it to the US. But you never know what can be imported by various retailers.

And there is still hope for US fans. We have a number of figures sculpted that have never seen the shelves. Snake Armor He-man is one example. If the interest continues to grow, we may be able to ship them to US specialty retailers interested in carrying the line. There are a number of figures from the Four Horsemen that have never been seen that we would love to see produced and in the hands of fans across the globe."

So, they have the nerve to blame us, THE FANS, for its retail death. Kiss my ass. Keep your stupid con exclusives, since the hurt the line about as much as your casepacks.

G_
Y__RS_LF

Would you like to buy a vowel, Mattel?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 9, 2004, 01:39 AM »
OK, that above post would have been a lot funnier had it not been for JD's zealous profanity filter. I'm sure you get the idea, and still don't find it funny anyway. ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 9, 2004, 10:09 AM »
Although it isn't the best news, I guess it is finally good to see some "definitive" answers on the line.  I gave up on it before I even started, because (1) I was so far behind and (2) I couldn't find anything around here anyways.  I will say though, the figures themselves were great...and I thought that the toyline (aside from all of the variants and HTF figures) was pretty cool.  I'd still like to have a Roboto, may have to try to pick one up on ebay...I think the prices are down closer to $15 now, but we'll see.  I would have liked to have seen Clawful and Stinkor make it into the line too, maybe they will if it continues internationally.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2004, 12:27 AM »
I'm about to dump my stuff on eBay...before I do I took some pictures to remember it by...so long He-Man, screw you Mattel.  I'll post more later...enjoy He-Man for now

(Click for a larger pics)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2004, 12:39 AM by OCB »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2004, 12:38 AM »

« Last Edit: March 22, 2004, 12:40 AM by OCB »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2004, 12:46 AM »
And if someone wants to buy these I'd sell the lot for 24 x $7 - Discount = $150 plus shipping...I might budge on certain individual pieces as well (jjks still need a Kobra Khan?  mosnab interested in Roboto?)  

LMK soon!  Otherwise you'll have to take your chances on the big old world of ebay :-*

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2004, 03:12 AM »
Wow man, I'm MOTU's biggest hater, and I still want your Roboto and Faker, just to complete my collection to my satisfaction.

I suck.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 2, 2004, 11:52 PM »
If anyone's looking to dump any MOTU figures, LMK. I've recently got some inspiriation to do some customs of these.

Looking for the following:
Skeletor, Spin Blade version OK
Man-E-Faces
Beast Man
Evil-Lyn
Whiplash
Two-Bad
Man-At-Arms
Roboto
He-Man, Smash Blade version OK too
Battle Fist
Ram Man

And, if you have any spare parts like heads, arms, etc. I'll buy them too.

benjamin_kral@mchsi.com

Thanks.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #113 on: April 2, 2004, 11:58 PM »
****...a week too late my friend.  They are all on eBay right now or were sold last week.  I got about $7 a figure last week some higher (Teela Fisto and Zodak) and some lower (Sy Klone and Orko)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 3, 2004, 04:41 PM »
Yeah, I figured yours already went to ebay. It's cool, though.

There are others dumping collections. No worries. There's no rush to pick these up; it's not like the line is going to get any bigger. :)

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 6, 2004, 11:12 PM »
dang, just saw your post about the Kobra Khan figure OCB, I definitely would have taken it off your hands. As it stands, I ended up picking up one off eBay last week. Oh well, at least my MOTU collection is as complete as I would want it to be.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 7, 2004, 01:01 AM »
Hey, OCB, I'm going to pinch your He-Man image for a sig at TNI. Is that cool?

Just thought I'd ask.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #117 on: April 7, 2004, 10:43 AM »
Go ahead :-*

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 8, 2004, 10:58 AM »
If anyone cares, it appears that KBToys.com is blowing out all of their MOTU stuff.  Not too much there for figures, but what they do have are all $3, as well as Castle Greyskull for $10.  They also have some other miscellaneous items, you can check them out right here:

MOTU Sale Items

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #119 on: April 10, 2004, 06:45 PM »
I just wish Mattel would have come through with the Collector's Fan CLub, at least we would be able to get new figures that way.  :-[
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"