Community > Other Toy Lines

Modern Masters of the Universe

<< < (221/230) > >>

Brian:
I haven't had a chance to read all the details yet, but it sounds like MattyCollector is getting shut down at the end of the year, with the MOTU figures shifting to Super7. The Thundercats line appears to be cancelled, although the four or so planned out for 2016 will come out. Big changes in store for those lines. Honestly I haven't bought any He-Man figures recently, and was pretty happy with my collection. I sort of wanted the Filmation He-Man, but missed out so I just moved on.

McMetal:
Yeah, nice that it is continuing in some form for those that are interested. But I think it bodes ill for people like me that were really into what Super7 was doing before, namely ReAction figures. MOTU was literally all they wanted to talk about in San Diego.

And man, that He-man cartoon they cooked up was just painful.

Brian:
Not sure if this belongs best here or not, but is anyone collecting the "vintage" Masters of the Universe figures from Super 7? They are basically recreations of the original figures but in sort of an animated Filmation style. I picked up the He-Man and Skeletor, and they are pretty neat. Maybe even a little more solid than the vintage ones. They seem a little pricey at $20 each, so not sure if I will continue on or not. Just wondering if anyone else had looked at these.

Brian:
Probably more news to come this weekend, but if anyone has seen the Prince Adam/He-Man SDCC exclusive from Mattel, it is apparently a previews of what is to come in 2020. Pixel Dan posted a pic of a vintage inspired Skeletor in the same style that is apparently part of a RETAIL line titled MOTU origins, $14.99 each. I'm definitely interested....

Ben:
I bought in on Classics really really heavily, so I’m really not interested in starting another line, even if it is at retail. I haven’t bought anything Super 7 has offered, other than He-Ro and Eldor. I’m hoping I can pick up the Classics I missed for a reasonable price now, but we’ll see. I’m more interested in toys for the movie, and I know how much trouble Mattel has at retail. Just trying to avoid another cluster**** like the 200x line.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version