Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 229512 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #240 on: April 18, 2008, 01:00 PM »
Those were rereleases of the vintage toys with a few changes (a lip around the feet, new head sculpt for He-Man) and were drastically overpriced. I found mine at KB and WM, so they weren't TRU exclusives, though TRU did have a couple exclusive 5-packs with Prince Adam in the first and Moss Man in the second.

Thanks for the clarification Ben   ;)   I never collected He-Man stuff, but I remember seeing some at TRU back in the day.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #241 on: April 18, 2008, 03:01 PM »
I told myself i wasnt goingt o goet into this again, but i have not even seen pictures yet and feel sucked in.  ::)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 18, 2008, 05:13 PM »
Still no image? 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #243 on: April 18, 2008, 05:22 PM »
There is one pic up at ActionFigureInsider.com, but it's not much.

They are saying there will be more after the MotU/Mattel Panels tomorrow...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #244 on: April 19, 2008, 04:48 PM »
I just got back from NYCC and went to the presentation. It was pretty cool. I didnt get to read all the posts but figured i would post some things that stood out to me.

Not only is there the SDCC exclusive King Grayskull but there will be a variant exclusive statue version of King Grayskull.

They mentioned to no filmation charatcers only deal, but mentioned Val by name and said those characters from the comics could be made. They also had a picture of the Green Goddess in the slide show as a possibility, as with She-Ra.

Duringt he Q&A I asked about the possibility of getting build-a-figures of Tytus and Megator. Cornboy just looked at me and held his hands up with his figures crossed and said he hopes so, which was pretty cool. They mentioned it is something they will look into depending on sales.

If anyone has any questions, i will do my best to answer

Here is a pic of the regular and variant exclusives.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 08:13 PM by evenflow »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 29, 2008, 04:00 PM »
I was just reading through the Q and A (from NYCC) about the upcoming MOTU line over at He-Man.org again, and I have to say I'm excited to see what is on the way from this line.  I never really got too deep into the 2002 line (although I thought the cartoon was pretty nice - and the toys), and always sort of regretted it.  Although the timing couldn't be worse with all the higher priced Star Wars toys this year (plus the Marvel/DC/Joe/Indy stuff), I hope to be able to at least pick a few of these up - depending on price.  I'd at least like to get the big guns from the lineup, and the ones I had as a kid.  We'll see though.  Is anyone planning on trying to get the King Grayskull SDCC exclusive?  I hadn't planned on it since I'm not going, and it might be difficult to grab.  Sounds like it could be a nice line though, in the DCUC style.  Is anyone else here thinking about getting into this line?  I suppose its a wait and see what we'll see at SDCC and beyond.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 04:01 PM by Brian »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #246 on: May 29, 2008, 11:52 PM »
If this line is done right this time, I'll drop everything else I collect to buy this one. MOTU was my favorite toyline/cartoon as a kid.
Mattel is talking a good game with this line, so hopefully they follow through. Hope springs eternal, after all.

I'm going to try to get both the regular and variant King Grayskull figures. I don't think Mattel will make him too hard to acquire, since this figure kicks off the new line, plus you can still find the She-Ra exclusive for $20-30 if you look hard enough, and that one was made in 2004. I bet the bronze statue variant will be a little tough to track down, but as long as I get the regular one without too much hassle, I'd be content.

My greatest hope for this line is that Mattel releases the mini-statue line as action figures. I've been dying for Hordak and the Horde action figures since the 2002 line debuted.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 30, 2008, 11:48 AM »
I picked up Volume Two of the 2002 MOTU series at Target this week, and noticed that inside there is an insert advertising the new line/King Grayskull figure.  Its basically just a picture (small one on front, with details and larger one on the back) of the figure, with the info we already know, but I thought it was kind of neat that they tossed it in there.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 30, 2008, 09:37 PM »
I just picked up that set too, and saw that little insert. That's the kind of publicity this line could use.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 31, 2008, 12:55 AM »

The chase bronze version of King Grayskull. I think it looks fantastic.  :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 3, 2008, 09:37 AM »
That does look pretty spiffy.  I see via the Mattel Q and A at TNI that the exclusive Grayskull figure is going to be priced at $30.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #251 on: June 3, 2008, 12:14 PM »
Thats a little more than i was hoping they would be. I wonder if i get a case, if that will garuntee me a statue variant.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 3, 2008, 12:18 PM »
I'm wondering what the pricing for the "normal" line will be (or has it been revealed?).  Hopefully its not any higher than the $10-ish pricepoint of DCUC, but you never know.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 4, 2008, 02:04 AM »
That does look pretty spiffy.  I see via the Mattel Q and A at TNI that the exclusive Grayskull figure is going to be priced at $30.

Whoa. That's a lot more than I thought it was going to be. I'll probably just have to stick with the regular version if they're going to be that much at SDCC.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 3, 2008, 11:56 AM »
I was just reading through the Mattel Press Release regarding their presence at Comic Con (over at Action-Figure.com), and found this bit of news interesting:

"Starting the Monday after Comic Con, because you demanded it, Mattel will be launching a brand new Collector Website with the latest news, updates, previews and – the big one – EXCLUSIVE action figures from your favorite Mattel toy lines like CARS, DCU and more! Wait – you want more? – this new site will also be the EXCLUSIVE home of Masters of the Universe Classic action figures with a new character available EACH MONTH starting this fall!"

So does that mean that the MOTU Classics line will be online exclusive (to their store?), or is it just where the line is debuting (pictures, info-wise)?  I guess I wouldn't mind them being online only, as long as they aren't sold out after five minutes every time.  One a month could be a nice pace too.