Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 228396 times)

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #690 on: March 15, 2010, 01:14 PM »
They were gone in under five minutes.  This probably would have happened with BC TJ and Adora if no RSOD/WSOD would have been slowing things down.  I was able to grab one of each Moss Man and a Stratos.  I was in at 10:58 and done a minute later.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 15, 2010, 01:19 PM »
It's really a shame how mismanaged this line is. The figures themselves are great, but that doesn't really matter when non subscribers can't get them. I certainly hope the production increase is substantial enough to meet demand because they're losing customers with these incredibly fast sell outs.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #692 on: March 15, 2010, 04:27 PM »
I totally forgot today was a MOTU Classics order day. Luckily I have 3 subscriptions but I missed out on a unflocked version DUE TO THEIR SLOW WEBSITE!  I guess I will wait until prices drop to grab him. I find it strange that he sold out faster than TJ. didn't they up the forecast?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 09:58 AM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Packbar

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Tolman's Toy Emporium
« Reply #693 on: March 15, 2010, 08:53 PM »
Not having to worry about the sell outs is the only upside to having my subscription because it has caused me numerous headaches! I am fretting though that when they do Keldor as the bonus figure in a few months that it is going to be a hot one and I am afraid that one might cause me some issues. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #694 on: March 15, 2010, 09:35 PM »
Anyone get an extra flocked Moss man they want to sell or trade?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 16, 2010, 05:03 PM »
I slimmed my MOTUC collection down.  I'm only going to keep He-Man, Beast Man, Skeletor, Scareglow, Tri-Klops, Teela, Man at Arms and Hordak.  Someday I'll pick up Trap-Jaw, Moss Man, Battle Cat and select others.

I sold off Zodac, Mer-Man, Zodak, Faker, He-Ro, Stratos, Adora, King Randor, BA He-Man and Webstor.  I'm so glad I'm don't want everything.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 05:04 PM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 17, 2010, 01:22 PM »
The weasels at Mattel obviously want to make people buy a sub, so I am going to buy a sub for next year if they do an all in one.  This line is too hard to collect otherwise.  I've been able to get what I want so far, but I know that run can end.  Stuff that i don't want, like NA and POP, can be sold off.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 01:24 PM by John C »

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #697 on: March 20, 2010, 12:13 AM »
Moss Man arrived today.  I'm going to do a review tomorrow, but I have two things I have to say.

1) The "evergreen" doesn't smell like evergreen...it smells like Vicks Vaporub.

2) When you have a paper cut on your finger, the prickly flocked skin ******* HURTS.  :|

John

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #698 on: March 20, 2010, 05:57 PM »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 20, 2010, 06:50 PM »
At $20 the Moss Man is a great deal.  That's a lot of flock on that figure, plus to include a second head?  Nice.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: March 23, 2010, 03:08 PM »
I received Moss Man yesterday as well, and I think it is a great figure.  The alternate heads is nice once again, and although the "Beast Man" one is more vintage-accurate, I think I like the other version a little better.  I was surprised by the "pine smell" when I opened him up, it was like a punch in the face.  The ******* is well done as well, and really reminiscent of the vintage figure.  This line continues to impress, if they could just get their ordering process down.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #701 on: March 23, 2010, 04:55 PM »
I like that they're giving nods to the 200x cartoon series like they did with the alternate Moss Man head and the Zodak repaint.  Personally I prefer that series and hate that it was cut so short.  I'd even be up for an Evil Lyn repaint later down the road.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 23, 2010, 09:30 PM »
I like that they're giving nods to the 200x cartoon series like they did with the alternate Moss Man head and the Zodak repaint.  Personally I prefer that series and hate that it was cut so short.  I'd even be up for an Evil Lyn repaint later down the road.

I'm a big fan of that series as well (and own the DVDs).  I think its one of the few examples of a reimagining of an older (80s) cartoon that is actually superior and more fun than the original.  Nothing against the old school He-Man series, I loved that as a kid and can still watch it today, but that 200X series was pretty sweet - and Moss Man was one of my favorites, so I'm glad that they included that alternate head as well.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 24, 2010, 10:45 AM »
I don't collect this line, but man oh man does that Moss Man look bad ass!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: March 24, 2010, 10:51 AM »
Not only is he bad ass, but he smells like one too.

Evil-Lynn next month. 

Thank the maker I have a subscription - I won't have to fight everyone online as I have no desire to manually order that lame weapons pack.