Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 228800 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #375 on: April 15, 2009, 01:53 PM »
Ah, there it goes. It took three attempts and half an hour, but it finally went. I also received my order confirmation, so I guess I'm good. Not really a big deal, since they'd have more for sale next week, but I'm still glad I got one.

I really hope I don't have to deal with this for Hordak.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 15, 2009, 02:03 PM »
Awwwh nuts. Mer Man is now listed as "Coming Soon" I wonder if he's sold out or if Matty suspended the orders to try to fix the problem....either way, that sucks...I was on there the second it went on sale and tried for an hour to get one and couldn't. Hopefully the second sale won't be this bad......

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 15, 2009, 02:05 PM »
Yep, he sold out....darn it all!

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 15, 2009, 02:17 PM »
I logged in a few minutes before noon and Mer-Man was available.  I put 2 in my cart and got to the submit part by about noon and it just hung there processing order.  I then went into order history and it said order unsubmitted.  Then when I tried to access my cart the site had tons of server errors.  Luckily, after trying to log back in with 3 different browsers I was able to finally resubmit the cart contents at about 12:30.   This time it worked and the order is set and I received the email.  I really hope they start a subscription system. 

I can't imagine how much the server is going to get hammered when He-Ro goes on sale after the SDCC.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 15, 2009, 02:28 PM »
So I ended up with three order confirmations. Hopefully, I canceled two of them before any charges show up. Stupid site.  ::)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #380 on: April 15, 2009, 03:24 PM »
I had no problem ordering mine.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 15, 2009, 05:33 PM »
Seems like there were problems for all of the international customers, some kind of bug in the system prevented anyone from ordering. I sure hope they have a lot more for the second batch. Selling out in just under an hour is crazy.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 15, 2009, 06:50 PM »
I got mine (after a few tries).  But what is this about a second batch?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 15, 2009, 06:53 PM »
I guess I was one of the luckier ones.  Although it was a little slow in the final step, my first order went through as well.  It seems like these figures are selling out a little quicker with each new release.  The $30 pricetag (with shipping) does sting a bit, but I do really like the figures so far.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 15, 2009, 08:41 PM »
They've increased the production run starting with Merman, but only got part of their shipment since they increased the production a little too late I guess? So they're supposed to be getting the rest of the shipment from overseas next week sometime. (website says the 23rd.) They're also supposed to have the full increased shipment for Zodak all at once so hopefully the 1-2 hour sell outs will be a thing of the past. Mattel has said that that they're hoping for these things to stay in stock at least 2 weeks at a time.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 16, 2009, 08:40 AM »
If I can't manage to get one on the 23rd (hard to say with how yesterday went) I'd be willing to buy one off of anyone here who got stuck with a second order, at cost plus shipping. I hate to miss out on Mer-Man, next to Skeletor he was the one I was most looking forward too, and I really don't wanna feed the scalpers on ebay if I can help it. Hopefully they'll have this problem fixed by then though.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 16, 2009, 05:18 PM »
Mattel has finally addressed the issue with the Mer-Man orders and say they have fixed the problem. This was posted on Facebook ..

"Hey MOTU fans,

Well looks like Mer-Man swam away way faster than we expected!

I wanted to let fans know we are WELL aware of some major technical problems yesterday with Mer-Man's sale. A lot of this was caused by the sheet amount of overwhelming fan support for the line with so many fans logging on to buy one at once.

We have immediately taken corrective measure so that this never happens again and I personally apologize to any fan who had trouble ordering the Ocean Warlord. It was unfair for you not to be able to get a figure do to a huge spike in hits on the site. We have a new Castle Grayskull sized super server dedicated to the site and are now better prepared for larger traffic on sale days.

We have also corrected the problem with international orders and they should not have trouble ordering when Mer-Man goes back on sale in a week or two.

Honestly, we had the same number of units yesterday for sale as we did for Beastman, and it took 41 days for Beastman to sell out. It is always a careful game we play to produce just enough for fan demand without overproducing which would kill the line. (to paraphrase fans from a few years ago...)

As announced we do have more Mer-Man figures coming before the end of April. By the time we increased production, we had to send Mer-Man in two separate shipments. It is the same run, they all just didn't make the same boat.

Going forward, we have increased production on Zodac and Hordak as well, but the full production of both of these figures should be available on the same day. If the second shipment of Mer-Man also sells out as quickly we will look at increasing overall production yet again until we get the number just right so the figure is online for at least a week or so! We do WANT to get these to fans after all.

As for concerns about quantities, we have looked at the numbers and honestly there are so very few fans ordering anything more than 3 units. By far, 1, 2 and 3 per person are the OVERWHELMING most common orders. We will keep up to ten available for international fans who want to save on shipping.

I will update everyone ASAP once we confirm the second on sale date for Mer-Man. We will continue to work with all of our fans to improve shipping, customer service options and buying options to make this as smooth a process as possible. You have my Mattel word!

Thanks for hanging in there!

-Matty "

Well thats good, looks like I and anyone else who missed out due to this error will have a fair shot at him the next time!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 17, 2009, 03:21 AM »
Just received my shipping confirmation for Mer-Man, and luckily, it was just the one, not three.  :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 23, 2009, 11:13 AM »
I received Mer-Man yesterday, and boy it is a nice figure.  It is cool that they included the extra head, and I think the figure might be one of my favorite of the line so far.  He always seemed like one of the "cooler" looking villains in the He-Man universe.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 24, 2009, 09:02 PM »
Yay, I won my battle with UPS and got my Mer-Man today. So much more worth the scrib than Faker was. Can't wait for Hordak now, since Mattel is really proving what they can do with this line now.