Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 229309 times)

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #420 on: June 7, 2009, 06:07 PM »
I don't think I've had any such problems...if I have I have yet to notice....you might want to head over to the He-man.org forums and post this question, you might have slightly better luck getting an answer there.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #421 on: June 12, 2009, 01:41 PM »
Good pics of He-Ro packaged are up, he looks pretty cool in a she-Ra type way.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=13&itemid=14581
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 12, 2009, 01:43 PM »
Not very excited about this figure.  Probably because he was never in my childhood collection.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #423 on: June 12, 2009, 02:13 PM »
Not very excited about this figure.  Probably because he was never in my childhood collection.

He was on the box art of the Greyskull Dinosaurs so he sorta was there and they made a proto. I remeber wondering as a kid when he would come out, they had some infor on him on the box too. I was so into that.

I would like to see a modern era Wonder Bread He-Man variant, that's a figure I can get excited about even if he is a repaint. They got the armor now so hopefully this will come to fruition.

In regards to He-Ro he is going to be a bitch to get.....like every other figure in this line. I am not looking forward to the Monday panic for Hordak. Even that loser Zodak had a bog down on the site when he went up for sale. I expect Hordak to be very popular, he looks really nice.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 12, 2009, 03:16 PM »
Zodak had a bog down initially but he managed to last 4 days before selling out completely. Now while I don't have terribly high hopes that Hordak won't sell out quickly(probably in no small part due to scalpers knowing this guy is gonna be popular) I'm hoping he'll last longer than the usual 2 hours, since he has the same production run as Zodak and the shipment isn't split in 2 like Mer Man was.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 15, 2009, 01:22 PM »
I was fortunate enough to apparently get an order in for Hordak.  I wonder how quickly this one will sell through.  I see their site is having troubles again, although the automatic refresh helps I guess.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #426 on: June 15, 2009, 01:28 PM »
It took me 25 minutes to get one, but after I was logged in it went pretty quick.

I still think Matty and DR are a bushleague organization, though. They only have traffic on their site one day a month, and can't handle it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 15, 2009, 02:07 PM »
So I never got past the 3 second countdown page, and now the site is saying that Hordak is sold out.
I have signed up for the sept-dec figures, but if I'm going to miss out on Hordak, then I'm not sure I really have any desire to have them all any more.
I don't suppose anyone has ordered multiples and is willing to part with one?

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 15, 2009, 02:07 PM »
I ordered 2 Hordak figures at noon central time.  My lunch wasn't until an hour after they went up for sale and I thought I would miss out.  This is such a cool looking character and one of my favorite MOTU figures of all time.  Can't wait to start the Horde collection with even more characters down the road.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 15, 2009, 02:10 PM »
So I never got past the 3 second countdown page, and now the site is saying that Hordak is sold out.
I have signed up for the sept-dec figures, but if I'm going to miss out on Hordak, then I'm not sure I really have any desire to have them all any more.
I don't suppose anyone has ordered multiples and is willing to part with one?

Those sure went fast.  I thought I was cutting it close 1 hour after they went up.  I ordered 2 so I can keep one in the package and open one.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 15, 2009, 02:22 PM »
They can't be completely sold out.  I'm sure he'll show up again later today or this week.

Pretty sure the re-sellers are buying ten at a time.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 15, 2009, 03:05 PM »
From Matty:

Hordak is now sold out. We will bring him back in the future (much like other sold out figures starting with He-Man in October) but for now, the Ruthless Leader of the Evil Horde is off the market.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #432 on: June 15, 2009, 05:36 PM »
From Matty:

Hordak is now sold out. We will bring him back in the future (much like other sold out figures starting with He-Man in October) but for now, the Ruthless Leader of the Evil Horde is off the market.

I got my four Hordaks (2 fo' me and 2 for my Bro), but I was ready at 1:50 central time with all of my info filled out yet it took me 23 minutes to get the order through. I saw he was sold out at 12:07 (Central time). I knew he was going to be popular.

Those sure went fast.  I thought I was cutting it close 1 hour after they went up.  I ordered 2 so I can keep one in the package and open one.

You cut it real close.

Interesting that they finally confirmed the re-release of past figures. Seeing how everyone has "Currently unavailable" I figured it was only a matter of time. Hopefully there will be noticeable difference or gear. I do want an extra He-Man to open.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 15, 2009, 06:11 PM »
They're going down a slippery slope by re-releasing figures.  Collectibility (and consequently the collector base) will diminish once they go down that road.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 15, 2009, 07:09 PM »
My understanding from the QnA's is that they won't be exact re releases of the original figures, but might come with different accessories or decos or packaging changes. We'll see soon enough I guess.