Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 229252 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #480 on: August 10, 2009, 04:48 PM »
I caved and bought multiple subscriptions for me and my bro, it's the only way to get certain figures which is BS but I understand their point for doing so. It appears they removed some makeup on He-Man's face compared the first release. I whored my second He-Man on eBay for $85 knowing he was coming out again. I do not feel bad as he will help pay for the next few figures.

Now that I have seriously reduced my Joe collecting to just 80's style & Resolute I can focus on this line as my moonlight toy brand. from Legacy I am actually glad about the ROC movie coming out, it is giving me a major break from buying Joes. I will still pick up any classic character they release as well as the occasional one that looks cool but I am not collecting that movie garbage.

I am very glad I stuck with MOTU Classics this is shaping up to be a great line.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 17, 2009, 01:00 PM »
Tri-Klops is now up for sale at MattyCollector.  I don't know if I just caught it at the right time, but that is the first time ever that I had an order go straight through without any stalls or problems (no red Matty refresh screen).  Relieved to have this one ordered, as the subscription should take care of things from now on (aside from any "bonus" figures I might want).  Looking forward to this one, Tri-Klops was one of my favorite baddies as a kid.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 17, 2009, 01:02 PM »
Just ordered Tri-Klops.  I logged in on Mattycollector at 10:55 am and refreshed a few times.  Then when it said add to cart it went fast and I was able to finish by 10:58 am.  Right after that the site is slow.  This may be the trick to order right away because they make the order process active about 3 to 5 minutes early.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #483 on: August 17, 2009, 01:10 PM »
Just got mine ordered.  This is actually the first I've ordered, so I didn't know what to expect.  Thankfully I got through the checkout process with ease - it probably took 20-30 seconds once I hit the submit button to get a confirmation.

John

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 17, 2009, 02:44 PM »
Still in stock, I'm surprised with as fast as these have been selling through lately.  Everyone must still be recovering from all the SDCC exclusives ;).

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 17, 2009, 05:17 PM »
No red screen for me either. Tri-Klops was the first figure to have the second upped production, so maybe Mattel has finally hit thier magic number?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 18, 2009, 12:17 PM »
They must have improved the numbers or something, because surprisingly, he is still up for sale today (at least as of 10 AM CST today).  I figured Tri-Klops would be a fairly in demand figure, so maybe they are getting the numbers a little more in line.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 12:17 PM by Brian »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #487 on: August 18, 2009, 03:44 PM »
Tri-Klops was the easiest figure by far to order nest to He-Man & Beastman. I do think some of the foaming at the mouth for this line has died a bit with the SDCC showings/revelations of older figures being rereleased. I like the one and done approach but I do not think they should rerelease anyone again outside of He-Man and Skeletor. I like having this line be harder to get. While yes it's a pain in the ass I like that it makes it more collectible.

OK, feel free to throw stones at me for saying that........

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #488 on: August 18, 2009, 03:47 PM »
FYI - He is still available as of 1:46 Central Time........

I have to say I am very surprised even with increased production. I think a nice portion forgot he date as some pointed out SDCC just took place and that a lot of people ordered HE-Ro on the site. That may have gave the impression that he was the figure of the month. I could be wrong.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 19, 2009, 01:18 PM »
I like the one and done approach but I do not think they should rerelease anyone again outside of He-Man and Skeletor. I like having this line be harder to get. While yes it's a pain in the ass I like that it makes it more collectible.

Nope, I'm with ya:

They're going down a slippery slope by re-releasing figures.  Collectibility (and consequently the collector base) will diminish once they go down that road.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #490 on: August 20, 2009, 03:52 AM »
Shoot. Looks like Tri-Klops just sold out. I was in Phoenix until Tuesday, and I forgot about this one for a couple of days. Oh well. I've seen them on the bay for $25 plus shipping, so I'm guessing the speculators are moving on to whatever else.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #491 on: August 28, 2009, 11:48 AM »
New pics of Teela, Scarglow & 200x Zodak redeco (including the continuation of the really stupid names and bios for the talentless hack designer at Mattel who completely hates Val Staples Superior writing)
The figures look great, I might actually will buy the 200x Zodac, he looks pretty good. I was going to pass but I am leaning 75% towards getting him after seeing the pics.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=13&itemid=14882

I wonder if that ass (I know who writes this garbage) will give a "real" name to Battle-Cat. I will take a guess it will be along the lines of ***** Da-Cat-Tor.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 28, 2009, 12:26 PM »
Yeah, I have to admit that I'm sort of tempted by that 200x version of Zodak as well.  I originally planned on passing on him, but I did like the character in the animated series and the figure looks pretty nice.  I guess we'll see for now.  It won't be the end of the world if I miss it and it sells out too quickly, but I may try to get it if it isn't too much trouble.  The other figures look great as well.  It will really make for a nice display as this line gets expanded over the coming months.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #493 on: August 28, 2009, 11:22 PM »
I kind of wish I hadn't waited so long on this line.  Tri-Klops was my first and I absolutely love it.  I signed up for the subscription and am looking forward to expanding on the collection in the next 18 months.  I do hope it has some legs and continues, though I can't see it going for more than a couple of years total.

Buzz-Off and Man-E-Faces are two must-haves for me. 

John

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #494 on: September 15, 2009, 01:22 PM »
Either the line's losing steam or Mattel has vastly improved their server capacity.  I got on at 11:03 CST and had my order confirmed in less than a minute with no issues.  Also ordered the Starfire/Adam Strange set, which I've been procrastinating on for some time.  If anyone wants the Adam Strange, drop me a PM and we can work something out.

John