Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 227808 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #495 on: September 15, 2009, 01:42 PM »
I think the line is losing the scalper/2nd market steam. Look at eBay completed auctions, most of the figures can be had for a small $5-$7 premium. This line is a really nice size now and getting into more obscure characters. Tri-Clops, Zodak & Webstor are not the must haves. Hordak is still pretty popular and I expect Teela to see out since she is the first chick in the line. I can also see Battle Cat selling out quicker. It really depends on the character but I would have to say the line cooled off a bit.

I was there waiting but this is the second time in a row I had no lag time. I think a tell tale sign will be how quickly he sells out. I think Webstor will be more popular than Tri-Clops but we shall see.....
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 15, 2009, 02:59 PM »
It does seem like the figures are hanging around a bit longer, not that it is a bad thing.  Part of it might be too that the 2009 subscription starts this month, so for people who ordered that, they don't have to hit the site for the monthly figures (non-bonus figures anyways) for the rest of the year.  Regardless of how much it is scalped or going for on ebay, I'm still really enjoying this line - glad to see it continuing strong into next year.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #497 on: September 15, 2009, 03:36 PM »
Regardless of how much it is scalped or going for on ebay, I'm still really enjoying this line - glad to see it continuing strong into next year.

WORD! This line is great!
I am glad I am pretty much done with Joe sane the occasional Classic/Resolute figure. SW's Legacy & MOTUC is all I really collect now.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #498 on: September 28, 2009, 01:20 PM »
Got Webstor the other day, he is cool but I hate how he looks in the package without his armor. It looks like they had the room so I do not get it. He looks unfinished in pack but he is still cool.

I am really looking forward to Teela and BC plus the reissue of He-Man. Triclops and Webstor back to back was not exactly the best choices in my opinion. While I really like them they should have put Teela between those two. (Insert jokes here. That's another joke in itself.)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 30, 2009, 03:53 PM »
I believe the packing of the armor was a nod to the vintage version.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #500 on: October 12, 2009, 04:44 PM »
Interesting, I never knew it was packed out like that. That's a really obscure nod. I still would have prefferred the armor on but I am happy they are making these. I am really looking forward to Teela in a few days and I have even decided to pick up 1 Zodak as he was actually one of the stronger 200x characters.

I think Teela will sell out fast like the earlier figures given that she is the first chic in the new line.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #501 on: October 16, 2009, 02:26 PM »
Just ordered Teela today. I'm surprised that this figure is still in stock. Looks like Mattel has hit that sweet spot for production numbers.

Now to go back and pick up Tri-Klops and Webstor, who I had to pass on...
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 16, 2009, 02:59 PM »
Are they supposed to re-offer every figure eventually?  I see they are going to reissue He-Man and Skelly. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 16, 2009, 10:22 PM »
I think they're going to try to reissue everyone through Hordak or MAA. Though all they've really committed to is He-Man and Skeletor. I'm still waiting for KG to show up again.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 17, 2009, 12:17 AM »
I broke down and ordered two Teela's today.  Was trying to avoid this, but it's too nice of a figure.  It was no additional shipping for the second, so I figured I'd get a second and see if I can find someone to split the cost with me.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #505 on: October 17, 2009, 09:34 PM »
Her and Zodak are still in stock, I am surprised Teela still is but I think this line cooled a bit as the Scalper market dried up. That's a good thing.

I cannot wait until March for the Wun-Dar figure!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #506 on: October 19, 2009, 07:33 PM »
Still no shipping confirmation on my subscription figure teela, but Zodak shipped.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 20, 2009, 12:11 AM »
That's kinda crappy. I got my shipment confirmation for the Teela I ordered on Friday earlier this afternoon. You'd think subscriber's figures would be the first ones out of the gate.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 20, 2009, 10:24 AM »
According to a recent  Mattel Facebook newsletter, the sub figures have shipped but they've been late getting the confirmations out and to expect them in the next few days, but speculation is that they screwed up somehow and they're just trying to stall for time. I'm not sure whats going on either, apparently none of the subscribers on the He-Man.org boards have gotten shipping confirmations yet.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 20, 2009, 01:44 PM »
Yeah, I haven't gotten a subscription confirmation e-mail for Teela either, so I guess I'm in that same group.  Hopefully there won't be any problems.