Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 230465 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #660 on: February 21, 2010, 09:15 AM »
If anybody missed the Trap-Jaw figure, drop me a PM, Mattel gave us one at their Media Coverage party and I don't collect MOTU, so I thought I would pass it on to the guys in our forums.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #661 on: February 24, 2010, 12:14 PM »
Wun-Dar completely sucks, bro!
You do know he was never officially produced, right?

I love this figure, I will not argue on Wun-Dar's awesomeness ;) as he is not your cup of tea. But he was actually made back in the day. He is real and occasionally pops up on eBay. He usually goes for $200-$300. There has been a rash of customs coming up now but they are marked as such. The Wonder Bread He-Man is the rarest piece in the Vintage line and is more sought after than the Giants.

On another note I just got my Trap-Jaw sub figures. Trap Jaw is awesome! Those you ordered him will not be disappointed, the mangled jaw is a really nice touch. I should have BC and the stands soon, I am really looking forward to BC!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 12:14 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 25, 2010, 08:24 PM »
I received both Trap Jaw and Battle Cat over the past couple of days, and both are top notch figures I think.  Battle Cat in particular is one of my favorite toys in my collection, and I'm very happy I was able to pick one up.  Battle Cat was one of my favorite toys as a kid, and they transitioned it perfectly into the modern line.  I don't even feel that the price (of $30) was that bad now that I have it in hand, it is a pretty good sized toy.  I'm glad that more of these are going to be available later in the year, as I hope everyone who wants one is able to get one.  Looking forward to Panthor down the road as well.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #663 on: February 25, 2010, 08:46 PM »
I, like Paul, have a Trapjaw figure I have absolutely no need for...  Anyone interested is welcome to it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #664 on: February 26, 2010, 12:17 AM »
Goddamn it, I hate UPS. Their website shows my Trapjaw and Battle Cat package was delivered, and of course, it's nowhere to be found. So I'm trying to file a claim for it, and I can't do that because 'scan activity occured within the last 24 hours.'

It's a big enough pain in the ass to buy these things; it's borderline insulting when the shipping gets messed up. About every three packages I get from UPS I have an issue with.

At least Matty keeps some stuff back in case things like this happen, but I SO wish there was the USPS option again. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent- this stuff just sucks sometimes.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 26, 2010, 11:26 AM »
My BC and TJ showed up yesterday when I got home from work.  Both are awesome.  It's a shame a bunch of people missed out on these because of the Man At Arms glitch.  I saw that some people found the DC/MOTU 2 packs at TRU already in Illinois.  There are posts about it at he-man.org.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #666 on: February 26, 2010, 11:05 PM »
That sucks, Ben.   :(  Hope it works out for you.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #667 on: February 26, 2010, 11:19 PM »
It worked itself out this morning. I went out to start my car before work, and my neighbor flags me down, asking if this huge box with my name on it was mine. I say yes, thank him for bringing it to me a 7:30 AM, and take it inside and pop open the box. Plastic nirvana.

Apparently, the numbers on houses here in CF aren't big enough for UPS drivers to read. The package was delivered to my neighbor, and not me.

Anyway, I finally just got these open about half an hour ago (long day) and they're fantastic. Trap Jaw is probably my favorite in the line already, and I just opened the figure. Battle Cat is amazing, and I'm surprised they managed to sell it for only $30 when figures are $20.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #668 on: February 26, 2010, 11:31 PM »
Success!!!

;D

That's great.  Usually it's the other way around...

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 27, 2010, 09:37 AM »
You're lucky I'm not your neighbor, Ben! 

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #670 on: February 27, 2010, 12:12 PM »
For real.   ;)

I'm lucky I don't collect these.  These are really cool, but really expensive.  Kind of like the DCU stuff.  I love to look at it, would love to have it, but I just don't have the money/space.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #671 on: February 27, 2010, 01:11 PM »
Hit up TRU yesterday looking for the 2-packs, no dice though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 27, 2010, 01:43 PM »
Hit up TRU yesterday looking for the 2-packs, no dice though.

I hit the local TRU this morning and saw no sign of them.  Just 50 Batman DCU figures from the Super Powers line.   ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #673 on: March 1, 2010, 10:16 AM »
It's crazy those 2pks are already selling for up to $90 on eBay. some people have no patience. Anyway here are some pics I took of BC and TJ in action. enjoy!

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #674 on: March 1, 2010, 12:42 PM »
Such violence.   ;D

That's ridiculous about the 2-packs going for so much.  I was hoping to see them at TRU today just to see what the big deal would be, but they had nothing.  They moved the DC stuff two aisles down from the rest of the comic stuff (well, Marvel stuff at this point), and only had a few Classics and some clearance Dark Knight and Infinite Heroes stuff.  Nothing new.

BTW, if anyone's interested -I'm giving away a Battle Cat on my site. 

http://www.figureportal.com/2010/03/01/fp-contest-1-win-a-free-motu-classics-battle-cat

John