Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 229323 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #720 on: April 19, 2010, 01:14 PM »
EL SOLD OUT IN 4 MINUTES?????????????????????
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 19, 2010, 01:18 PM »
Got my Evil Lyn and weapons pack.  Looks like they did not fix the cart issue.  Glad I didn't hold my breath over that one.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #722 on: April 19, 2010, 01:29 PM »
I missed out on my extra EL and weapons pack. I was logged on before 11 and was at my cart at 11:02 and no dice on EL. This is the first time i had an order not go through. This is complete BS, there is no way EL sold out in 2-4 minutes without having E-Tailers buying more than the 10 limit. There is just no way it can sell out otherwise.

Will BBTS really buy 10 and make a measly profit of $100? Give me a break, they are buying 100+.

I look forward to hearing Matty's excuse this time. It's very apparent they are purposly trying to get the buzz back on this line because even characters like Adora and even Battle Cat lasted longer than Moss Man and Evil Lynn. MOTU Classics prices have generally dropped and not they are going back up. Quite fishy.

Tytus should be fun. Glad I have a subscription but I am really getting fed up with this site. I have to fight to buy a figure? Too many let downs, can you imagine the leftover SDCC Orko/Adam.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 01:34 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #723 on: April 19, 2010, 01:41 PM »
After I get Orko and Adam, I'll be happy to walk away from this line. I'll just pick up whatever else I want that I missed whenever this line finally reaches its breaking point. I agree Jack, the prices of MOTUC on the secondary market really have fallen. I just scored a King Randor for $20 with $8 shipping, exactly what it would cost from Mattel in the first place.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 19, 2010, 02:21 PM »
The subscription won't help you with Tytus next month Jack. . . :-*

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #725 on: April 19, 2010, 03:20 PM »
The subscription won't help you with Tytus next month Jack. . . :-*

I know, that's why we will execute "Plan 5".

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 19, 2010, 08:57 PM »
After I get Orko and Adam, I'll be happy to walk away from this line. I'll just pick up whatever else I want that I missed whenever this line finally reaches its breaking point. I agree Jack, the prices of MOTUC on the secondary market really have fallen. I just scored a King Randor for $20 with $8 shipping, exactly what it would cost from Mattel in the first place.

I'm thinking of going that way as well.  I've got a subscription through this year, so I haven't had to worry about much outside of Battle Cat, but I don't know that I'll be renewing next year.  I really like the line, and think the figures are great - but they are pricey and quite a headache if you don't have the sub.  Like Ben, after Orko/Prince Adam, I could see winding down a bit.  There are still a few favorites I'd want (Man E Faces, Roboto, and Stinkor), and I'd probably be tempted by any other figures from my childhood - but we'll see.  Honestly, as cool as they look, I know nothing about Optikk, Tytus, etc.  I will say I'm glad I went with the subscription, because I totally forgot about the order date today until I saw posts here.  If Evil Lyn sold out in 4 minutes, that is insane.  You would think they could get this figured out after a year plus of this line.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #727 on: April 19, 2010, 11:10 PM »
I will say I'm glad I went with the subscription, because I totally forgot about the order date today until I saw posts here.  If Evil Lyn sold out in 4 minutes, that is insane.  You would think they could get this figured out after a year plus of this line.

Seriously, without the subscription I would have been screwed on Moss Man. I forgot that day as well I wanted an extra but missed out then heard about the disaster stories. Up until Battle Cat I have not had the major problems with ordering like so many others. Today I really got the first hand experience at the anger others have felt. I was ready prior and hit my checkout at 11:01. At 11:03 it told me to remove EL from the cart. It's really absurd, if you happen to take a piss at get to your computer and 5 after you have no shot to buy anything. Something was just not right, it's just too quick even for this line. 45 minutes for BC and Adora to sell out. 3 minutes for Evil Lynn and 2 minutes for Mossman, yeah I find that a bit strange. Not surprised by the sell out but the time it took. Even Hordak lasted 45 minutes the first time around. 2nd market prices have dropped and this is their clever way to inflate the price/interest in my opinion.

After a year of complaints you would think they would get it. I worked at Mattel, they are selling these to etailers in bulk. I am working on some confirmation from old coworkers on this. I am very disheartened by the service, especially having to pay twice for shipping on orders. For all of the money I have dropped and committing to 3 subscriptions (With many figures like Optikk I do not care for) this should not be. I personally feel all subscription members should get front of line service and first dibs on SDCC exclusives for putting the money upfront on this stuff. Each month they should send a optional order from for Sub members to add to their order.

Good luck trying to get that Orko from their site. I wonder if the 2011 will include exclusives like these. For as expensive as this line is and how hard it is to order even I am having second thoughts for a subscription next year. I bought the extra off eBay for $35 more than I would have paid plus one less Weapons pack to boot. I am interested aftert his fall out what the excuse will be......

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #728 on: April 20, 2010, 12:06 AM »
Mattel seems awfully quiet on facebook which is where most of their damage control is done.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #729 on: April 20, 2010, 12:36 AM »
I am very worried about Tytus, Keldor, and Gygor.  Luckily i got the weapon pack, literally as it sold out. I can't wait for the all-in so i dont have to deal with the site anymore.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 12:38 AM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #730 on: April 20, 2010, 02:26 AM »
Mattel seems awfully quiet on facebook which is where most of their damage control is done.

I noticed that too. I also noticed lots of angry fans and rightfully so, the majority people had the same 4 minute sell out experience. Hordak is still in stock, I think so many people got fed up they decided not to buy him.
BTW - BBTS had 42 Weapons pack preorders up yesterday to add salt to the wounds. Not sure how many ELs they had.

Tytus will be fun next month.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #732 on: April 21, 2010, 11:13 AM »
That's actually no too bad of a price you are only paying $9 more in shipping.

Lol!
I am going to take back all of my negative ranting about Mattel/Digital River. When I look back on my experiences I have been making out pretty good with their incompetence! When I ordered Battle Cat I got really low shipping and extra BC's added to my order. I received a Free Hero and Adora because of order screw ups as well. Now I just got my Subscription of x3 Evil Lynns for free plus free shipping on that entire order that also includes my x3 Wun-Dars/Maps.

I changed my address a few months ago but for some reason earlier this month I received an email from Digital River to call and confirm it. When I did they had to run a temp charge of $74.97 to my account that would be refunded in a couple of days (I was not too keen on that but had no choice). This was just to confirm my CC was good and was for my sub order. During that call I was skeptical with the DR person as I explained their service was not the best and that I had many problems before. So as expected it was actually returned to my Paypal account CC and they would be charging when my sub charge when actually came in/shipped.

I received my shipping notice two days ago and was never charged for this months order. I rechecked the previous hold and it was indeed refunded My account was not charged this months order. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

So I want thank you Mattel/Digital River for your utter incompetence! The $75 I saved with your screw up went to the the x1 Evil Lynn ($40) and x1 Weapons Pack ($25) I had to dish out on on FeeBay. With shipping my order was a complete wash this month so I only missed out on 1 Weapons Pak for myself. So I can  buy another Weapons Pak at double the price and not feel too hosed. As always I will confirm once I get my package to make sure all is in order. As it stands now it's looking pretty damn good!

THANK YOU DIGITAL RIVER, KEEP UP THE EXCELLENT SERVICE!!!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 11:28 AM by JACKOFTRADZE »

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 21, 2010, 01:55 PM »
What I have been doing, and I don't know why more people don't, is to log into the findmyorder site before the sale and order off their page as opposed to going directly to the Matty site.  I have not had any RS/WSOD or any trouble getting what I want.  I'm sticking with it until I get in for next year's sub.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 22, 2010, 04:59 PM »

Saw this over at he-man.org.