Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 227752 times)

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #765 on: June 15, 2010, 03:12 PM »
Tried for She Ra, Faker, Venkman.  Ended up with Faker and Venkman.   Tons of WSOD and error issues today.  Ugh. 

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 15, 2010, 03:43 PM »
This was the worst day for ordering on Matty by far.

I ended up with the one figure I wanted, wasn't easy, but I got it.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: June 16, 2010, 09:46 AM »
At one time or another, I considered picking up Keldor, the DCUC wave set, or the JLU Lobo....but in the end I decided it just wasn't worth the trouble.  I didn't need Keldor or Lobo, and honestly I just want the Riddler (which a new one is rumored to be on the way) and the Atom from the DCUC wave.  Like it was mentioned, the $20 price (or $30 with shipping) for the MOTUC figures stings even more on figures like Keldor where it is sort of just a new head.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 24, 2010, 12:42 PM »
You know, we were just talking about interest waning (at least interest in spending $30 a figure on these, along with the ordering trouble) in this line - but I received She-Ra last weekend and got a chance to open it up this week, and it really is another nice figure.  That's one thing I'll say, I have the majority of the MOTUC line so far, and I don't have a single complaint figure-wise.  They look very nice, and seem to be solid toys.  Our daughter added She-Ra to her rotation of favorite toys instantly, and it has been fun seeing her play with her.  I still don't know about the subscription for next year, as I don't necessarily need to be guaranteed to spend $30 each month on this line - but there are a few things left that I'd really like to get, and with the luck everyone seems to have ordering "day of/without subscription", I don't know how much I'd look forward to that.  If I got Panthor, Man-E-Faces, Roboto, Stinkor, and maybe a couple others, I think I'd be happy to wrap things up here.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 8, 2010, 11:19 PM »
Seriously?  Swiftwind?

Can't we get something cool from the MOTU line like a mini vehicle or another manly beast instead of Barbie's horse?

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=193294

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #770 on: July 9, 2010, 02:12 PM »
I prefer Swift Wind over a vehicle.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 10, 2010, 04:13 AM »
Swift Wind will make the decision to not sign-up for the 2011 sub very easy.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 04:14 AM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 12, 2010, 12:10 PM »
The fact they include New Adventures and the 2000's stuff is enough to keep me from buying a sub.  All I really want is basic MOTU figures.  I guess I will continue to fight the WSOD for now.  If I miss a figure, I know they'll offer it again. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: July 13, 2010, 10:18 AM »
Seriously?  Swiftwind?

Can't we get something cool from the MOTU line like a mini vehicle or another manly beast instead of Barbie's horse?

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=193294

I have to admit, I have no interest in Swift Wind either - except for the fact that our daughter would love it (she has the She-Ra I got via the subscription).  Otherwise, I agree with others, I don't really have an interest in some of this other stuff - but I do understand why they do it.  If they want this line - and interest in it - to continue, they have to save some of the good stuff for later.  I sort of doubt that I'll go for the sub again next year.  I guess there hasn't been a lot of stuff that I got that I didn't really want, but honestly I could get a handful of figures and feel pretty complete with this line.  If it was all I collected, I'd probably stay all-in.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #774 on: July 14, 2010, 03:07 PM »
Got my preorder in for Orko (Plastic Man and Starro too). Should make SDCC slightly easier. Now i only have to fight through the Hasbro line and if i am feeling insane attempt the White Lantern Sinestro.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: July 15, 2010, 04:35 PM »
Anybody buy Marzo today?  No shock he lasted for about an hour.  Carnivus will probably last three hours.  Not buiying him or Gygor.  Aug 2 and 15 will probably be ugly.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: July 15, 2010, 11:45 PM »
Obviously no one cared enough about Marzo to post anything!  That's because he sucks*.  But Whiplash does not. 

*Swiftwind sucks too.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: July 15, 2010, 11:57 PM »
I had Marzo with my sub so I kind of forgot he was today. I disagree on Marzo sucking. I'm looking forward to him showing up. The design is pretty cool. I also find it kind of funny, reading some of the other boards. People are talking like Marzo is a failure and a peg warmer because he took a whole 50 minutes to sell out. Kind of a ridiculous attitude.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 12:23 AM by Greedo The Green Menace »

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: July 18, 2010, 10:32 AM »
It's kind of like when they upped production for the first time on Tri Klops I think.  That made figures last longer for a few months.  Then January rolled around and things exploded.  I might go for the sub now that they are also doing one for Ghostbusters and the shipping will be combined for everything.  I'll have to see what the exclusive figures for both lines are.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: July 20, 2010, 10:36 AM »
Ok...with this Orko/Prince Adam set that will be released at Comic Con this weekend...from what I understood initially the Orko is a "phasing/changing" variant that is exclusive to the show, right?  Is there a regular version being released as well?  I noticed on the review at AFI that they mentioned it goes on sale August 2nd at MattyCollector.com, so that must mean it isn't part of the subscription.  I guess I just thought it was a regular monthly figure, but now it isn't really sounding like that.  I guess I'll have to join the fray for the first time in a long time when it goes up for sale, as I'd really like to add these to the shelf.