Author Topic: Han Solo in carbonite?  (Read 5997 times)

Offline THE STAR WARS NERD

• Youngling
  • messa a girly
    • View Profile
Han Solo in carbonite?
« on: July 13, 2009, 02:36 AM »
Ok i dont no if anyone noticed but in Episode 5 when they started to put Han in the carbonite he was hand cuffed. And when he came out frozen before boba fett took him clearly he had no hand cuffs for his hands were spred too far apart. Is it a mistake in the movie or is there logic to it???????????
There are a lot of things in this world.........i hope you don't get eaten

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Han Solo in carbonite?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 02:52 AM »
Solo's cuffed before being lowered in, but the cuffs are removed I believe, by either the Ugnaughts or Stormtroopers, but I'm pretty sure someone uncuffs him.

What he still has on are his bicep restraints.  The one and only theory I've heard about how/why those miraculously disappear, is that they "dissolve" in Carbon Freezing, and are just to keep his arms from moving too much.  Take that with a grain of salt, it was someone's theory, and it worked well enough to me as to why the bicep restraints disappeared.

I believe though, he is uncuffed prior to being lowered in.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline THE STAR WARS NERD

• Youngling
  • messa a girly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 02:58 AM »
That might be true but i saw it yesterday and looked really hard but that of corse was a sene change maybe it was just a mistake
There are a lot of things in this world.........i hope you don't get eaten

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 11:12 PM »
I'm almost positive ugnaughts remove the bracelets directly before he's lowered.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 12:54 PM »
Solo's cuffed before being lowered in, but the cuffs are removed I believe, by either the Ugnaughts or Stormtroopers, but I'm pretty sure someone uncuffs him.

What he still has on are his bicep restraints.  The one and only theory I've heard about how/why those miraculously disappear, is that they "dissolve" in Carbon Freezing, and are just to keep his arms from moving too much.  Take that with a grain of salt, it was someone's theory, and it worked well enough to me as to why the bicep restraints disappeared.

I believe though, he is uncuffed prior to being lowered in.

That's what I always thought/understood as well.  The binders/cuffs are removed, but he still has restraints on his biceps.  I've had other "non-SW" fans ask me what happens to those, and give them the "dissolving" story (which I believe was on the SW.com Q and A at some point), and they usually just chuckle.  That's the story I've always read/heard though as well.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 2, 2009, 02:17 PM »
It did look like the wrist binders came off just before the carbon freezing.  As for the arm cuffs, I've heard it theorized that those are actually made of carbonite.  So when he gets thawed out in ROTJ, those disolve just like the rest of the carbonite.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback