Author Topic: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Figure Box Sets  (Read 19389 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Figure Box Sets
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2009, 11:37 AM »
Question for Adam if he has both the TAC versions of the figs and the new boxed sets.  When you compare them side by side, does it look like to you the paints apps are slight variations?

What I noticed when I saw these at TRU was that some of the figures looked darker/dirtier (Snow Trooper, Fett, Stormtrooper), and a lot of the rebel figures looked as if their paints apps were a touch lighter.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2009, 11:55 AM »
Question for Adam if he has both the TAC versions of the figs and the new boxed sets.  When you compare them side by side, does it look like to you the paints apps are slight variations?

What I noticed when I saw these at TRU was that some of the figures looked darker/dirtier (Snow Trooper, Fett, Stormtrooper), and a lot of the rebel figures looked as if their paints apps were a touch lighter.

From what I've read, there are some paint app differences as well.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 11:57 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JES

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2009, 12:47 PM »
Well, as much as I try to have own at least one loose example of every paint variation I think I'll live life without buying these **** sets. I mean the idea was good for those that missed some of the harder to find McQ figures (though not one was hard here) but to throw this **** into a box basically incomplete is crap.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2009, 01:01 PM »
Question for Adam if he has both the TAC versions of the figs and the new boxed sets.  When you compare them side by side, does it look like to you the paints apps are slight variations?

From what I've read, there are some paint app differences as well.

Oh stop it.  I am not going to buy them!  Probably.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2009, 06:34 PM »
I don't fully understand people's anger. If you have these figs already then who cares and if, like me, you still needed some then it's a really neat way to get them all.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JES

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2009, 06:36 PM »
I don't think people that hav ethese already are angry. I'm not. I do stand by that it's a ****** way to put them back out for people missing them being in essence seems like almost half are incomplete figures.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2009, 07:27 PM »
Here is a breakdown (culled from the RS forum) of the various missing accessories.

• Obi Wan - missing the saber hilt for his belt
• Yoda (complete)
• Chewbacca is missing his pistol
• Han - missing his saber hilt and pistol
• Fett - missing his alternate head and flamethrower flame
• R2 and 3PO (complete, obviously)
• Rebel Soldier (complete)
• Starkiller - missing her saber
• Luke (complete)
• Vader - missing his alternate head and pistol
• Stormtrooper - missing his shield and his gun
• Snowtrooper (complete)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 07:27 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2009, 07:31 PM »
Yeah, it's not anger that they're releasing it, it's anger that the people who are getting it are basically getting screwed out of complete figures.  It's the way it's being released.  I'm not the type of guy to begrudge someone getting something hard to find, but I just feel Hasbro's effort on this was half-hearted since those key parts are missing.

The Fett's extra head and flame accessory are big parts of the figure to me...  Losing those really sucks for the people getting the set.  Not getting the coins is fine and all, but the accessories missing makes the figures incomplete.  That's a bummer.  :-\

Looking at Jayson's list, now Chewbacca has a big empty holster...  Same with Han.  Fett's second head makes basically a completely different figure IMO, which I displayed with his belly open and stuff.  Starkiller missing her saber is a pretty big deal.  Vader missing his extra head and pistol is much like Fett's figure.  The Stormtrooper, same deal. 

I may have an extra Fett head, if someone buying this needs/wants one.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JES

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2009, 07:42 PM »
Exactly my thoughts Jesse. I mean to have figures with holsters and no guns to put in them? ******* lame-o

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2009, 08:25 PM »
Question for Adam if he has both the TAC versions of the figs and the new boxed sets.  When you compare them side by side, does it look like to you the paints apps are slight variations?

It's very slight, nothing big and obvious really.  C-3PO seems to be the most different but I think to most people it'll be pretty insignificant.  I was hoping they'd redeco these as a draw to buy them again-- particularly R2-D2 as I've seen this design in different colors-- but oh well.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2009, 12:48 AM »
I'm shocked  :o that the stormtrooper only comes w/ his saber ... that's uber ridiculous, considering his shield and gun made a large part of WHAT he was.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2009, 12:56 AM »
I saw these today for the first time...looked pretty cool, ample supply of both sets on the shelves.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 1, 2009, 08:50 PM »
Jeditemplearchives.com has a complete list as to what's missing from each figure in these sets.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 2, 2009, 08:56 AM »
Jeditemplearchives.com has a complete list as to what's missing from each figure in these sets.

So does Jayson a few posts up....

Here is a breakdown (culled from the RS forum) of the various missing accessories.

• Obi Wan - missing the saber hilt for his belt
• Yoda (complete)
• Chewbacca is missing his pistol
• Han - missing his saber hilt and pistol
• Fett - missing his alternate head and flamethrower flame
• R2 and 3PO (complete, obviously)
• Rebel Soldier (complete)
• Starkiller - missing her saber
• Luke (complete)
• Vader - missing his alternate head and pistol
• Stormtrooper - missing his shield and his gun
• Snowtrooper (complete)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 2, 2009, 09:17 AM »
I find it crazy that figures that featured holsters for pistols are being packed in these sets w/o those pistols.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!