Author Topic: Resurgence of the Jedi Battle Pack  (Read 39315 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Resurgence of the Jedi Battle Pack
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2009, 02:48 PM »
That is a nice set....for only needing two figures out of it!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2009, 04:29 PM »
in for 1 of these, never would've thought we'd see this and actually want to buy it. The only thing I'd change would be to add in the removable belt from the VOTC version of Luke.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 05:14 PM »
A surprise (amazing how many surprises there are so far...  Makes me think to rumors, and how many things have been missed) set for sure, and I'm down for one.  Love the Holo Leia, love the Luke (finally!), love R2...  3PO and Ben look good.  I'm excited for this.

The Luke is the highlight to me.  A GOOD Tatooine Luke.  Finally.  I mean, how many have been out now?  This one finally seems to make this figure "done".
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 10:43 PM »
Awesome , finally a Luke, we all can call good. It looks to me that they took TAC Luke Torso and simply add VOTC Luke's Legs with a new head. I am surprise that they didn't put him on the card ?  ???

I have a feeling that the 2010 ANH wave will have him with the Falcon headset.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2009, 09:38 AM »
I actually think Luke is mostly new.  The arms probably not.  The torso seems a little more detailed and different in proportion than the ones we've gotten recently.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2009, 09:55 AM »
I never considered buying this battle pack the first time around.  This time when I see it on the shelf, I'll take a peak at it.  If you ask me, the Luke is still a poor likeness.  The Hologram is nice.  But that's not going to get me to fork over $25 or 30.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2009, 11:54 AM »
I'm buying the set for the hologram.  ::)

Nice set though. Wish I had known it was coming out before I bought a second Obi-Wan for a display.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2009, 01:34 AM »
Definitely like this set. Although Battle Packs are pretty expensive these days in some stores ($27 plus tax at my local Target), this set is definitely worth it. Just look at that new SA Farmboy Luke!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2009, 03:13 AM »
Superb set
An addition to everry OT collector wishlist. :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2009, 03:17 AM »
I'm excited for a Farmboy Luke with all the articulation of a SA mainline character that you'd think we would get single-carded.  The holograph is secondary in the set... 

My only complaints are 3PO should, I think, be "dirty" and have a restraining bolt, no?  R2 looks sharp.

Ben is Ben.  Some updates to the paint so his "patches" on his outfit stood out some would be nice but not necessary.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 12:43 PM »
My only complaints are 3PO should, I think, be "dirty" and have a restraining bolt, no?  R2 looks sharp.

Ben is Ben.  Some updates to the paint so his "patches" on his outfit stood out some would be nice but not necessary.

Yeah it appeared from the SDCC pics those paint ops were there but now they are gone. I was looking forward to a dirty C-3P0 with the restraining bolt updated finally. Hopefully these details will be back in the production sets. It's a long shot but like some figures have shown the press pics are sometimes outdated.

This could be a good Q&A question.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2009, 08:57 PM »
I'm just wondering - the R2-D2 in this set is mostly described as using a superior body mold - how? Does anyone care to elaborate?  ::)
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 09:11 PM »
It's the R4-G9 mold. R2 hasn't been released in plain movie coloration with this mold yet. The TAC version used the R4-G9 body but had piss stains/scorch marks all over it and the Marvel comic pack version didn't have the proper "movie" deco either.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 09:16 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 09:21 PM »
The biggest gripe most people have with the Early Bird one is the shiny dome.  R2 really has a brushed metal finished dome and not the vac metal they keep pumping out.  Plus the cool way the 3rd leg retracts is enough for me.  I can't wait to get this set because it is the bees knees.  Although the Luke is starting to look a lot wonky

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2009, 10:45 PM »
Right now the Luke and Leia part are the only things I find really worth it from the set. I really hope the C-3P0 gets that dirty job from SDCC. According to the official write up this set is geared towards collectors. I do not see how a straight repack of 3P0 fits that bill. No matter what I am buying 3 of these sets for the Luke, I want to update my Ceremonial & X-Wing Lukes with that head.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/