Author Topic: Avatar toys by Mattel  (Read 11076 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Avatar toys by Mattel
« Reply #30 on: January 1, 2010, 02:04 PM »
I opened the Scorpion Gunship last ight and put it together.  It's really an excellent design but the cockpit is tiny.  I was able to get an ARF Trooper in there due to his leg articulation and slim stature, but that was about it as far as figures I had handy goes.

I think some vintage o-ring Joe figs would work but most of the modern stuff in the 3-4" scale will be too big.  Still, it's a nice toy and I'm happy to have picked it up.  I still think I'll probably buy a few more items from this line, including the mech suit and the two flying beasts for my Na'vi figures.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 8, 2010, 10:22 AM »
Borders has all the avatar stuff on clearance for 50% off.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 8, 2010, 04:25 PM »
They weren't on clearance here as of last night because I checked.  I actually bought a Banshee with one of the 33% off coupons so I paid about $12 for it. 

I'll stop in again tonight and if they do have them 50% off maybe I'll get the AMP Suit or a Direhorse.

I see there are reports of the second wave of characters and beasts with the Bio-Lume feature hitting stores as well as the new Banshee and the battle pack (for lack of a better term) with Sully and the wolves.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 8, 2010, 07:36 PM »
I guess I should have waited a day or so on the Banshee, Borders had their Avatar stuff 50% off today.  I picked up an AMP Suit for $10.99 plus tax.  If they still have anything left next week, or the prices drop again, I may grab a figure or two.

E...

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 9, 2010, 06:22 PM »
Borders has all the avatar stuff on clearance for 50% off.

Thanks for that heads up. I picked up two of the AMP suits this afternoon. The AMPs are too cool at $10 each. Currently I'm using them with some Storm Troopers, but I might pick up a few of the military guys (the colonel, soldiers) when the inevitable clearances hit.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2010, 01:08 PM »
I picked up a $10 AMP Suit at my local Target this morning. I put an Animated Clonetrooper in it and it looks great.

I'm sure stormtropers and clones would also work well.

Gonna have to see if I can get some imperial or republic insignia stickers to put it.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2010, 12:58 AM »
I picked up a Thanator beast today on sale just to check it out, gotta say I really like it. It's got a nice solid sculpt and good paint apps to bring out the detail, which surprised me, since I was just expecting a big lump of unpainted black plastic. The articulation could benefit from some ball joints at the shoulders but I can live without. Overall a really cool beastie, would fit in well in any Star Wars environment I would think.