Author Topic: Dream Toylines  (Read 25162 times)

Offline jediguy

• Youngling
  • Sith Happens
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Toylines
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2003, 06:17 AM »
   I love all the ideas, especially the LOTR one, but I don't think LEGO will ever get the liscense to do LOTR stuff as that one company, IntelliBlok or whatever has rights to LOTR and after some of the half-made playsets they put out for FOTR, I can see why they didn't do anything for TTT.  But this is a DREAM thread, so I think LOTR LEGO would be cool.
". . . now screwed we all will be."

-Yoda // Star Wars: Episode III: A Lost Hope

Jango Fettish

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2003, 09:26 AM »
I can't remember which, either Art Asylum or MAC bought the rights to X Files from Todd McFarlane a couple of years ago. Of course, they are still sitting on it.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2003, 10:18 AM »
You're right, I want a 3.75" LOTR line...  EVERY character made, and made to perfection...  Uruk-Hai sold by the 10-pack...  Same with Rohan soldiers, Gondor soldiers and rangers, Moria Orcs, and they could go further into Middle-Earth lore beyond the films and the trilogy and do various "EU" Dwarves, elves, etc...

I don't own anything that's from LOTR, but if someone was to make 3.75" figures,I think I would seriously think about collecting those.  I love the LOTR movies, and this would help me expand my collecting options away from just collecting Star Wars.
dustrho

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2003, 06:55 PM »
I would love to see (And the fact that it's actually possible adds a certain...lubrication...to this dream) a Star Wars/Transformers crossover line. With Autobots as Alliance ships (X-, Y-, B-, A-Wings, Snowspeeder, and the Falcon as the leader) and Decepticons as Imperial craft (TIE, TIE-in, Bomber, Vader's Tie, an AT-ST,  and an AT-AT). All Action Fleet scale, but to-scale.

That would be the initial releases, more could follow (Landspeeders, Cloud Cars, Shuttles, Speeder Bikes, maybe even prequel ships with a "prequel" storyline). Just as long as they were "classic" style TFs, ie they were mostly one piece with an "authentic" looking vehicle mode.

Throw in a few Action Fleet- styled SW heroes and villains (Or can you imagine Han, Luke, Chewie, Vader etc. as Headmasters and Targetmasters?)

Unicron as the Death Star, anyone?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2003, 10:13 PM »
One thing I always wanted as a kid was a Transformers Starscream that was big enough to properly transform, yet be able to hold a Gi Joe-sized figure in the cockpit.

But, nowadays, I find myself wishing for awesome LOTR and Buffy figures done in the 3 3/4 inch scale to compliment my Star Wars figures. Aragorn and Luke hanging out, Leia and Buffy kicking a$$ and cracking one-liners, and Gimli and the Gammorean Guards enjoying malt beer and red meat off the bone in front of roaring fires. Life would be about perfect then.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 7, 2003, 03:04 PM »
Spaceballs!  I think a Dark Helmet figure would absolutely rock...  ;D

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 7, 2003, 03:17 PM »
I saw Pirates of the Carribbean over the weekend and was thinking what a great 3 3/4" line that would make. Imagine a scale Black Pearl crewed by cursed pirates. Toy heaven.
Post sober.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2003, 09:57 AM »
What Line hasn't been made yet but you wish someday a manufacturer would pick up the license and run with it

For me I have the following wishes:

Indiana Jones Preferrably by Hasbro and same scale as SW
Ghostbusters Movie line not the cartoons, very realistic...I'm thinking McFarlane
The Goonies One of my favorite movies and would make for some neat figures
M.A.S.K. Re-Release, these were the best toys of the 80's behind GI Joe in my book, up the scale to 3 3/4" and bring back a new cartoon...mmmmm

And right now at #1 is Sesame Street style Muppets figures

Someone is sitting on a serious goldmine

So long Ghostbusters, glad to see you leave!

Hope those other 4 will some day be made...some day, some day

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: February 4, 2004, 03:41 PM »
What Line hasn't been made yet but you wish someday a manufacturer would pick up the license and run with it

For me I have the following wishes:

Indiana Jones Preferrably by Hasbro and same scale as SW
Ghostbusters Movie line not the cartoons, very realistic...I'm thinking McFarlane
The Goonies One of my favorite movies and would make for some neat figures
M.A.S.K. Re-Release, these were the best toys of the 80's behind GI Joe in my book, up the scale to 3 3/4" and bring back a new cartoon...mmmmm

And right now at #1 is Sesame Street style Muppets figures

Someone is sitting on a serious goldmine

Sesame Street and Ghostbusters are in the works, perhaps the others are not too far behind!

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 4, 2004, 03:51 PM »
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen would certainly make my wish list. (Gotta have Nemo's car!)

The Fifth Element has some cool, Star Wars-type stuph in it. (I want that taxi for my Coruscant skyline diorama!)

I know a Hellboy line is already on the way, but a 3 3/4" line would be irresistable.

And can I get a 2-pack of Jake & Elwood Blues just for my Cantina display? They'd look great behind a chicken wire fence jammin' with the Modal Nodes.
Post sober.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 4, 2004, 07:39 PM »
i thought i heard that Pirates of the Caribbean was already underway?
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2004, 09:38 PM »
Add Battlestar: Galactica to my list. Now that Sci-Fi has greenlit the new series, a toy line based on this show would be a cool addition to my sci-fi pop culture collection.

i thought i heard that Pirates of the Caribbean was already underway?

It is now, but alas, not 3 3/4".  :-\ Maybe for "Secrets of the Abyss" or whatever the sequel's called.
Post sober.

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2004, 08:57 AM »
Who the hell is Joyride?
Post sober.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2004, 09:25 AM »
Who the hell is Joyride?

Makers of Halo & a bunch of other figures.

joyridestudios.com

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2004, 09:50 PM »
a Van Helsing toy line, would rock!!!!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)