Author Topic: Dream Toylines  (Read 25160 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Dream Toylines
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2004, 11:28 PM »
Go to TRU, there are Van Helsing toys ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2004, 12:04 AM »
Van Helsing toys are in my local Toys R Us already...

I dunno if anyone else has noticed that or not.  Not very cool looking though IMO.  :(  I was disappointed.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2004, 01:17 AM »
The Frankenstein is pretty cool, but the rest stink to high heaven. Especially Van Helsing himself. Looks like he was repeatedly whacked in the face with a hot frying pan.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Van Helsing
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2004, 02:47 PM »
Yup, very disappointing. What's with this in-between scale? Too big to fit in with my Star Wars figures, too small to go with my DC Direct figures. (I'd have loved to sneak a Van Helsing figure into my Arena Battle diorama. ;))

I'll pick up a Frankenstein once it goes on clearance. And it will.  ::)
Post sober.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 3, 2006, 08:25 PM »
King Kong- This would be a great line if done in 3 3/4. It would compensate for the mediocre Playmates line.
The Goonies- I'd love a Chunk and Sloth 2-Pack, and a Chunk with "Truffle Shuffle Action Feature".
LOTR- I want tons of characters, like the SW line. Release 'em in TS, TH, FOTR, TTT, and ROTK waves and I'd be in heaven.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 7, 2006, 11:13 AM »
Not quite what we probably want yet, but I got an e-mail newsletter from BBTS stating they now have a new 12" Sloth (from Goonies) figure up for preorder.  It sounds like it is limited, and pretty pricey, but if anyone's interested you can check it out HERE.  Now if someone would just do a nice line of Goonies action figures, complete with all the Goonies, we'd be set.  Hopefully this is the start of that :P.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
What toyline would you like to see?
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2009, 10:52 PM »
My #1 choice would be a 3 3/4" Lord of the Rings line. Just seems perfect for this scale with all the army building potential, and it has a great slew of visually interesting characters to choose from. Collectible wise LOTR has been kind of dead in the water as of late, Sideshows 12" offerings seem to have fizzled out of existence, the toybiz 6" line has been long dead, the only thing I see these days are the occasional gentle giant busts. Why no love for Rings?
 Now with the Hobbit movie coming up soon, perhaps we may see a resurgance interest in this property. I'd love to see Hasbro take up the property, if they had the same quality as the Star Wars stuff. Anyone agree? What else would you love to see done?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: What toyline would you like to see?
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2009, 10:58 PM »
4HM sculpted ThunderCats line with some SilverHawks mixed in.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2009, 12:44 AM »
What Line hasn't been made yet but you wish someday a manufacturer would pick up the license and run with it

For me I have the following wishes:

Indiana Jones Preferrably by Hasbro and same scale as SW
Ghostbusters Movie line not the cartoons, very realistic...I'm thinking McFarlane
The Goonies One of my favorite movies and would make for some neat figures
M.A.S.K. Re-Release, these were the best toys of the 80's behind GI Joe in my book, up the scale to 3 3/4" and bring back a new cartoon...mmmmm

And right now at #1 is Sesame Street style Muppets figures

Someone is sitting on a serious goldmine

Man I almost got 4 of these 5.  I really only am buying/bought Indy.  Sesame Street was soooo close....M.A.S.K. IMO is still going to happen.  And I'm just not interested in Ghostbusters anymore

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2009, 01:18 PM »
There are really only two "dream toylines" I have left I think -

3 3/4" Blade Runner - Deckard, Batty, Pris, Leon, Zhora, Tyrell, Rachel, Sebastian, Gaff, and Bryant.  For vehicles, there'd be a Police Spinner or two and the Replicant's Shuttle (the one they used to escape).

and

3 3/4" Seven Samurai - Kambei, Gorobei, Shichiroji, Heihachi, Katsuhiro, Kyuzo, and Kikuchiyo for sure.  Toss in some bandits for them to fight and some villagers for backgrounds and that'd be sweet. 

I would buy both of those lines in a heartbeat.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2009, 01:35 PM »
Scott makes a good point.  These days, so many of these franchises/series/movies/etc. are getting their own toylines, whether it is a specialty store type thing or at mass retail.  Many of the ones I had hoped to see (Goonies, Ghostbusters, etc.) have now happened, although with a stricter budget/less display space/etc., I've passed on them.

I guess off the top of my head, there aren't a whole lot left.  Star Wars is going strong, we have seen or are seeing great lines for both Marvel and DC, and franchises from my youth have nice, nostalgic lines as well (G.I. Joe, MOTU Classics, Transformers Classics/Universe).  The only other ones I could think of would be a MOTUC styled Thundercats line, or maybe a nice 3 3/4" scaled Harry Potter line (which I think they got in the U.K.).  I was always surprised that the Potter franchise didn't see more success and/or support here in the U.S., after the somewhat crappy early Mattel offerings.  I don't know if I'd purchase either line at this point or not, but they would be cool to see.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2009, 07:24 PM »
I want:  Historical figures in 3 3/4 inch scale...if I must pick a time period or Franchise, I want Tombstone action figures.

I want several versions of Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday, Virgil and Morgan Earp and the Cowboys as well.  I want horses, wagons and an OK Corral playset.  Heck there could even be a Big Nose Kate and Josie Earp figure for those collectors who MUST have females.

I would pick up almost anything in the 3 3/4 in scale though, that LOTR idea would get me intersted for sure.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2009, 01:47 AM »
I always wanted a LOTR 3.75" line of figures.  I didn't collect the ToyBiz stuff because I dind't like the scale but if they brought them in line with Joe/SW I'd be all over them.  To the point I'd probably even stop buying SW to collect them.

Same for Harry Potter.  If somone put out a really well detailed 3.75" line with nice sculpt and articulation with plenty of accessories I'd buy into it.

There are other lines that have already been made that if they were 3.75" scale I'd be all over (Halo, Stargate, BSG, Starship Troopers, Babylon 5).  Although I've said that before about Star Trek and then haven't bought any of the figures for the new film.  Maybe if they'd done TNG, Voyager and DS9?

Lines that haven't been done but I'd love to see?  Hmmm....  It's actually getting to the point now that almost everything has been licensed as a toy somewhere.  It's just that my two favorite scales are 1:6 and 1:18 and a lot of lines haven't been in those scales.  And some of the ones that have, I didn't care for (Terminator, new ST).

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: March 1, 2012, 12:15 PM »
I had a dream last night where upon entering the action figure aisle at Target, I found an awesome line of SA 3.75" figures from Hasbro called At the Movies.  It was awesome - there were basic carded figures and vehicles from a whole pile of great sci-fi/fantasy movies -

For basic figures, there was:
- Maximus and Commodus from Gladiator
- Deckard and Roy Batty from Blade Runner
- Korben Dallas and Leeloo from Fifth Element
- Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly/Serenity
- Cornelius and Zira from Planet of the Apes (1960s version)
- Marty McFly and Doc Brown from BTTF
- V from V for Vendetta

For vehicles, there was a Police Spinner (Blade Runner), flying Taxi Cab (Fifth Element), and the Delorian (BTTF).  All for just $20 each.

Too bad it was just a dream...  :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: March 1, 2012, 02:40 PM »
$20 a piece...  That would almost be a wet dream.

I like that run down.  I'd add some Saving Private Ryan guys and others to the list of dream movie line figures.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77