Author Topic: Dream Toylines  (Read 25169 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Dream Toylines
« Reply #45 on: March 1, 2012, 07:21 PM »
Not bad. I was trying to think about this thread and what i would want but nothing really jumps out at me as missing. I have Star Wars, Marvel, DC, MOTU, and now ThunderCats covered and those were the lines i collected as a kid. I would love to see the Skeleton Warriors line revisited in MOTUC scale and a Spawn line in MU scale but other than that I am good.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 1, 2012, 08:27 PM »
It's interesting to see this bumped back up with a Hobbit line coming later this year and a new Star Trek movie in production.

I was watching part of the 2009 ST movie on TV last weekend and wishing that Playmates had done a better job on their toys.  They had some good ideas, but the execution just wasn't there. 

There have been several toy lines the last couple of years that I wish had been better; Pirates of the Caribbean, Tron (although that had some good stuff in it), Prince of Persia, A-Team, Avatar, Green Lantern...maybe one or two more I'm not thinking of.  Those lines had some decent stuff, vehicles from Avatar and Tron, okay role play (Tron, PotC) and likenesses (A-Team, PotC, PoP), but none had the whole package.

One thing I did like was the Hot Wheels Star Trek ships from 2009 and I'd love to see a line for a bunch of different shows and movies get that treatment.  A "Ships of the Future" line where we'd see stuff from Trek, Babylon 5, Stargate, Aliens...basically any property with cool starships.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: March 1, 2012, 11:17 PM »
I'd absolutely LOVE seeing STARCOM brought back.

Maybe the funnest toy line I ever had that wasn't a widely popular one like Star Wars or GI Joe.  STARCOM was just quietly awesome and highly underappreciated.  The kid from ALF had them too.  He was a dip****.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 5, 2012, 03:25 PM »
I'd love to see a line of 3.75" comic book figures other than DC/Marvel stuff.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 5, 2012, 06:04 PM »
I'd love to see a line of 3.75" comic book figures other than DC/Marvel stuff.

There's GI Joe.  ;)

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 6, 2012, 10:32 AM »
I was interested in seeing a line of figures from Douglas Adams' Starship Titanic PC game from a while back; neat looking robots if you've never seen 'em. Cam probably search for 'starship titanic' and see what I'm talking about.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2012, 04:06 PM »
I'd like to see a really well done 3.75 inch DC line...

Maybe Back to the Future and Jurassic Park too. I'd KILL for a 3.75 inch Ian Malcolm to go along with some Indiana Jones figures.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2012, 06:39 PM »
Transformers Alternators/Binaltech.  A combo platter of the 80s versions of the 'bots with today's transformer sculpting and tech.  Masterpiece Optimus might be my favorite figure of all time.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2012, 01:38 AM »
I'd like to see a really well done 3.75 inch DC line...

Maybe Back to the Future and Jurassic Park too. I'd KILL for a 3.75 inch Ian Malcolm to go along with some Indiana Jones figures.

There were some Jurassic Park figures based on GI Joe scultps for a proposed line for, I believe, Toys-R-Us, that didn't really go anywhere.  There have been some protos and finished figures showing up on eBay for the last few months.  There were a couple of AWE Striker repaints also.  I picked one of the figures up.  You may have seen it, shoulder and face tattoo with green web gear?  It's a pretty cool figure.

There are a couple versions of a BTTF Delorean in 1:18 scale out that are pretty cool.  Too bad they didn't do figures to go with it.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Marduk

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 8, 2012, 07:11 PM »
Battlestar Galactica '03. The DST figs are great, but I want Star Wars scale figures with vehicles and playsets!

Game of Thrones 3 3/4" figs based on the show. I wanna army build some Nights Watch rangers.

Three's Company 1:6 scale figures by Hot Toys. I want Jack, Janet, Chrissy, Terri and (most of all) Cindy! Larry, Furley, and a Ropers 2-pack would be nice too. ;D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 8, 2012, 07:46 PM »
Indiana Jones - lots of potential here
Robotech - So many characters, and great vehicles.  Matchbox didn't do it justice
Predator - The movie.  Just the Predator alone isn't enough, how about the Special Forces team with Dutch and Blaine?
Starship Troopers - Mobile Infantry against bugs anyone?

Holy crap!  I posted this 9 years ago?

We got a bunch of Indiana Jones, so that's cool.

McFarlane has done some cool Predator stuff.

Toynami has done some cool Robotech stuff, including their masterpiece edition Veritechs.

As for Starship Troopers?  Eh.  Poor choice on my part in retrospect.

As for now?

GAME OF THRONES - Definitely lots of potential here for core characters and some army building.  I'd love to get some Stark forces, Lannister soldiers, Dothraki, Nights Watch and Wights.  But seeing how the show is so far removed from being oriented towards kids, this line would probably have to remain a dream.

HIGHLANDER - The first movie could probably yield about a dozen or so figures.  It would probably be best served by a company like McFarlane or NECA.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 8, 2012, 10:24 PM »
Highlander is an interesting choice.  I bet we see a remake of that flick a few years down the road.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 8, 2012, 10:46 PM »
Highlander is an interesting choice.  I bet we see a remake of that flick a few years down the road.

That would be interesting to see done though it would be tough to have anyone but Queen do the soundtrack (and Clancy Brown as Kurgan).

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 9, 2012, 01:15 AM »

We are seeing a remake, didn't you hear the news, they cast Ryan Reynolds in it.

And they did make a figure line for an animated version of Highlander back in the day, sometime in the mid '90s.

I'm surprised Hot Toys hasn't picked up a 1:6 license for the series, though.  There have been some 1:6 figures but they weren't that great.

E...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 9, 2012, 01:18 AM »
Indiana Jones - lots of potential here
Robotech - So many characters, and great vehicles.  Matchbox didn't do it justice
Predator - The movie.  Just the Predator alone isn't enough, how about the Special Forces team with Dutch and Blaine?
Starship Troopers - Mobile Infantry against bugs anyone?

Holy crap!  I posted this 9 years ago?

We got a bunch of Indiana Jones, so that's cool.

McFarlane has done some cool Predator stuff.

Toynami has done some cool Robotech stuff, including their masterpiece edition Veritechs.

As for Starship Troopers?  Eh.  Poor choice on my part in retrospect.

As for now?

GAME OF THRONES - Definitely lots of potential here for core characters and some army building.  I'd love to get some Stark forces, Lannister soldiers, Dothraki, Nights Watch and Wights.  But seeing how the show is so far removed from being oriented towards kids, this line would probably have to remain a dream.

HIGHLANDER - The first movie could probably yield about a dozen or so figures.  It would probably be best served by a company like McFarlane or NECA.

That's actually a pretty good list.  I'd have loved to see some 3.75" Starship Troopers figures. The line we did get from Galoop mostly sucked on the figure side, but the vehicles and Action Flett/MicroMachine stuff was excellent.  I actually have pretty much the whole line except for 1 figure I think.

That's another movie I've seen rumors for...only this time the plan is to do a more faithful interpretation of the book, including the power suits and things like that.

E...