Author Topic: Clone Wars Wave 10 (aka 2009 Wave 7)  (Read 6952 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Clone Wars Wave 10 (aka 2009 Wave 7)
« on: July 24, 2009, 04:33 PM »
Looks like the Hasbro panel cleared things up a bit...  these are the figures planned for Wave 10 ('09 Wave 7):

The Clone Wars - Wave 10 (aka 2009 Wave 7)
  '09 CW34 Matchstick
  '09 CW35 Padme Amidala (Malevolence Outfit)
  '09 CW36 Clone Tank Gunner
  '09 CW37 Ziro's Assassin Droid
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Clone Wars Wave 10 (aka 2009 Wave 7)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 12:47 AM »
These should be hitting soon as BBTS has them in stock

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Purchases
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 11:50 PM »
Just heard this wave *may* be an online exclusive wave - that explains why I haven't EVER seen it at retail. Is this rumor true??  ???
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 12:17 AM »
Just heard this wave *may* be an online exclusive wave - that explains why I haven't EVER seen it at retail. Is this rumor true??  ???

You mean Wave 6 (Luminara, Argyus, etc) or Wave 7 (Padme, Matchstick, etc)?

I have seen lots of Wave 6 around here, so nothing fishy about that one. Wave 7 however, is NOWHERE to be found outside of e-tailers online. So if that is the Wave you are talking about, I could almost believe it. I mean, they've been available for WEEKS now on the web, that is a pretty significant lag in showing up at retail.

Even so, I would be shocked and appalled if Hasbro suddenly played the online-only Wave card out of nowhere like that. I don't think even they would pull something so short-sighted and counter-intuitive.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 04:47 AM »

You mean Wave 6 (Luminara, Argyus, etc) or Wave 7 (Padme, Matchstick, etc)?

I have seen lots of Wave 6 around here, so nothing fishy about that one. Wave 7 however, is NOWHERE to be found outside of e-tailers online. So if that is the Wave you are talking about, I could almost believe it. I mean, they've been available for WEEKS now on the web, that is a pretty significant lag in showing up at retail.

Yep, I'm talking about the Padme, Matchstick wave ...
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 09:33 AM »
The rumor is false.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 12:20 PM »
The rumor is false.

Just thought I'd second that statement. A buddy at another site found this wave at a TRU in upstate NY, so they are in the US and in B&M stores.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 12:55 PM »
The rumor is false.

Just thought I'd second that statement. A buddy at another site found this wave at a TRU in upstate NY, so they are in the US and in B&M stores.

Greg, awesome post - thanks a ton for that info. That makes 1 new fig wave, 1 new BP, and 2 new Deluxe Vehicle Fig sets for TCW line spotted at a TRU today. (I assume you buddy's find was recent?)

Yep, I picked a great week to bitch and moan about the lack of new product.  ::)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 01:00 PM »
Greg, awesome post - thanks a ton for that info. That makes 1 new fig wave, 1 new BP, and 2 new Deluxe Vehicle Fig sets for TCW line spotted at a TRU today. (I assume you buddy's find was recent?)

Yep, I picked a great week to bitch and moan about the lack of new product.  ::)

You're very welcome sir. And yes, it was a recent find. Yesterday I think.

Your bitching and moaning certainly seems to turn a lot of heads on here, but if we all agreed on everything what fun would that be? 

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 12:32 PM »
Found two cases of this wave at the local WM this morning. Picked up one of each, plus an extra Tank Gunner and Assassin Droid. Neat figures all around, but a bit lackluster with three being repaints.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 02:48 PM »
The Padme is awesome. Great improvement over the 1st one.

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 10:00 PM »
I agree, Padme is a nice figure - the others are rather boring though - but I still picked up this whole wave yesterday.  I really like the smaller CW waves of 4 figures, rather than the Legacy waves of 6 or 8 figures. 

I'd really like to see the CW waves balanced out so that we only get 1 new clone per wave, so there is room for more Jedi and other unmade characters, like the Chancellor.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 7, 2009, 11:04 AM »
I ordered the Malevolence outfit Padme online last month and I got it just before Thanksgiving.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 8, 2009, 01:51 AM »
I've never spotted this wave at retail - only the waves up to Luminara, and SHA-BAM!  :o No more! 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 08:15 PM »
So I read this morning on RS that there's a Tank Gunner Paint App Variant - one with a Green painted Triangle on front and one with a plain gold triangle. I had to run home at lunch to see what I had - green one. So after a few frantic stops I managed to score the Gold variant at TRU. Last one on the pegs...nice.

;D