Author Topic: Clone Wars Spring 2010 Mail-Away - Nahdar Vebb  (Read 38211 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Clone Wars Mail-Away - Nahdar Vebb
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2009, 10:19 PM »
Awesome pics! I can't wait to send away for this sucker. I expect the redemption offer will appear on the next Wave (7) of TCW figures...Hondo, Aayla, et al. December-January maybe?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2009, 10:44 PM »
I'm very impressed.

Awesome pics! I can't wait to send away for this sucker. I expect the redemption offer will appear on the next Wave (7) of TCW figures...Hondo, Aayla, et al. December-January maybe?

And yeah, pics of this wave showed (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) the Nahdarr sticker.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2009, 01:02 AM »
He's definitely a nice looking figure. 

I got the Kenobi that came with the Freeco Speeder recently and while I don't collect the figures ( I wanted the speeder only), he's a really nice figure.  Far better than the basic one now that he's got more articulation and softgoods skirt.  Weird figure to put in the Freeco since it's even decoed like it's been in snow and stuff (frost on the screen), but a really nice figure.  I'm debating now what to do with mine, haha.  May try my hands at a realistic CW Kenobi with it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2009, 08:20 PM »
Weird figure to put in the Freeco since it's even decoed like it's been in snow and stuff (frost on the screen)

I was wondering what's up with that frosty 'windshield' until I found this picture:

I stumbled across it by accident. As it shows, the Freeco speeder was also used on Orto Plutona, which was a snow planet. So I guess the frosted screen thingy can be justified (although it's not shown in the picture).
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 08:22 PM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2009, 11:06 PM »
Yeah I wasn't debating why the Freeco's decoed as it is, as it's only been in that one episode, and that featured a planet covered in ice/snow so it made sense.  What I'm saying the Kenobi is what doesn't make sense since he's not snow-deco at all.  He's just an update of the original Kenobi figure.

It's also interesting to see that the speeder's not entirely accurately sculpted to it's TV counterpart.  It's close, but not quite.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2009, 11:40 PM »
Wow...Thanks for posting that pic Jabba.  I've had my Freeco sitting in front of my monitor here for a week or two and it still looks pretty lame as I originally thought, but that CW pic makes it looks awesome for some reason....Not sure what happend there unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, but hey...I'm happy with Obi from the set at least.

Anywho...bring on Vebb! 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2009, 12:32 PM »
I rather like the Freeco speeder, enough that I picked up two.  To me, its an interesting variation on the bike concept with the enclosed cockpit and all.  From what I've seen, the ammount of "frost" on the windscreen varies.  Some are pretty much clear and others are near solid white. 
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2009, 01:20 AM »
I rather like the Freeco speeder, enough that I picked up two.  To me, its an interesting variation on the bike concept with the enclosed cockpit and all.  From what I've seen, the ammount of "frost" on the windscreen varies.  Some are pretty much clear and others are near solid white. 

I like it too...  No beefs from me on the minor details missing between the two and it's nicely scaled.  Tough to fit some figures into one, but I managed to get an SA Clone in and he looks nice.

I would've liked two for the Aldi's price I got mine at, but as it stands I'll be content with the one I have.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 9, 2009, 07:34 PM »
So just for kicks I submitted a Best Offer on the carded Vebb currently on eBay. The seller is US, so I'm less skeptical than I might normally be trying to snag something this far in advance. The Buy It Now price was $37.99, which is totally absurd, but I'm curious how much less he would actually be willing to take. I don't expect he'll bite on my price, but it never hurts to try.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2009, 09:56 AM »
What do you know, I actually won the carded Vebb with my Best Offer. I should have that bad boy in hand by next week...WOOT!

I'm sure I'll still send away for the free one next year, but in the meantime I finally have a new TCW figure to drool over!

Happy Hannukah!!!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2009, 02:31 PM »
So Nahdar Vebb showed up in the mail yesterday, complete with a nice Hasbro cardboard slipcase to protect the carded figure inside. He looks every bit as great as I'd hoped. I don't see myself opening this one but I definitely plan to pick up another with the POP's next year for opening purposes.

Looks like this will be it for new toy purchases in 2009...great way to close out the year though.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2010, 09:23 AM »
Form now available on HasbroToyShop.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2010, 10:02 AM »
Cool.  I'm definitely printing out a form to get a jump on things... :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2010, 10:04 AM »
cool - I will be filling out my form today!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2010, 10:08 AM »
Cool as Ice...yo
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN