Author Topic: Clone Wars Spring 2010 Mail-Away - Nahdar Vebb  (Read 38207 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Clone Wars Mail-Away - Nahdar Vebb
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2010, 08:59 PM »
Can some one help me, i am kinda lost on what proof of purchases are good on these?
87959, 87958, 89467 I have a tone of legacy figures will those work? Help me understand the numbers.

Legacy, Clone Wars, and Saga Legends POPs will all work.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2010, 07:51 AM »
Got the remaining three that I sent away for, this allowed me to pick and choose the two I was going to save for the MOC collection.

One came where the box had been crushed so badly the bubble had cracked - so that's the one I decided to open.

The figure itself is fantastic. I would love it if they started to employ this type of shoulder joint more. Since the arm plugs into the shoulder as a true ball-socket, I have to wonder if this is something Hasbro is interested in trying to help them further build a catalog of parts that could be easily mixed and matched on their own side.

If you think about it - if the size of the head ball, the shoulder sockets and hip sockets all became standardized for humanoid figures like Jedi, Clones, etc... mixing and matching parts would be as simple as plugging the desired arms, legs and head into/onto the selected torso.

When I first saw a picture of this figure, I honestly thought it was going to be a statue like Kit Fisto - I am so glad they are updating Firsto and Plo Koon 'cause quite frankly their basic CW figures sucked and are really nothing more than statues with articulated arms.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2010, 07:26 PM »
Yesterday I received the first two that I sent for and opened one of them.  Very excellent figure.  I'm really surprised Hasbro went so far with the articulation on this one after saying they would't do this figure at first.  It's one of the nicest CW figures up to this point IMO.

I have another one on order but I'll probably put in an order for a couple more before the offer ends.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2010, 10:50 AM »
Just noticed my check was cashed Friday...hoping my Vebb for openers is on the way soon.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2010, 02:45 AM »
I have yet to mail my first order, but I am also hoping to order seconds - one carded, one opened. It's difficult also because I still am having difficulty finding the appropriately labled figures w/ the Vebb offer, and I can't find out where to download the certificate from Hasbro.com.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2010, 08:48 PM »
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2010, 09:05 PM »
Yeah forget ordering with forms from figures.  I haven't seen many of the CW figures with the forms to even do that, so I just printed 3 out and put my orders in.  I'm going to keep one normal, and custom one realistic...  A 3rd for fun I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2010, 03:11 AM »
Thanks, eFranks!  :D
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2010, 09:50 AM »
Tomorrow will mark 2 weeks since my check was cashed, so I'm hoping it won't take much longer.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #84 on: May 4, 2010, 01:24 PM »
Received my two Nahdars yesterday. I knew I'd get this guy before I got my Eopies. :D
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 4, 2010, 07:19 PM »
I need info! - for this Nahdarr mail-away, can you submit the inserts within the plastic bubble, or do you have to cut out the assortment number at the top of the card, nearest the hook?

Usually I simply mail away those inserts, but this certificate has me confused. ??? 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 4, 2010, 07:40 PM »
You need to include the barcode from the bottom of the cardboard insert that is inside the bubble. I suppose you could mail the entire insert, but I just cut out the bar code and sent just barcodes in with my check and certificate.

I hope that helps.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 4, 2010, 11:40 PM »
Thanks SOOO much! ;D

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 5, 2010, 09:07 AM »
It's been almost a month now since they cashed my check, still no sign of my Vebb. That's pretty lame. I've worked at Fulfillment centers before, and if we let an order sit that long we'd never hear the end of it. Just another reason why Hasbro = Fail.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 5, 2010, 09:54 AM »
I filled out the forms and checks a month ago and got around to sticking them in envelopes and addressing them this morning.   Next task will be to find some stamps and a mailbox.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN