Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Two Discussion Thread  (Read 68455 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Two Discussion Thread
« Reply #210 on: April 3, 2010, 01:37 AM »
Somehow they were cooler than the Lurmen guys.

That's because the Lurmen were all "Oh, we don't like hurting people", but the turtle-y dudes were all "let's get our stabbing on!" with their turtley staff weapons.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 3, 2010, 01:38 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 3, 2010, 02:17 AM »
That was a very good episode. Embo was awesome. 8) I also really liked the turtle farmers and the little creature in the big robot suit. And it was great to see Hondo show up again. Very cool.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #212 on: April 3, 2010, 02:38 AM »
Somehow they were cooler than the Lurmen guys.

That's because the Lurmen were all "Oh, we don't like hurting people", but the turtle-y dudes were all "let's get our stabbing on!" with their turtley staff weapons.  ;)

The one turtle guy was as whiney as all the Lurmen combined though...  Till he impaled the Weequay guy off his bike.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 3, 2010, 08:12 AM »
I'll echo what everyone said so far. It was a pretty cool episode, with solid characters. The dude with the hat was awesome. I'm looking forward to the Starzilla/Cloverwars episode next week. That should be interesting to say the least.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 3, 2010, 02:15 PM »
I thought this episode was pretty good - I found it odd that we didn't see the Felucians from The Force Unleashed game, perhaps they are indigenous to another part of the planet.

The Bounty Hunters were pretty cool - I loved Embo - I thought he was great. I'm hoping we'll get a figure of him at some point.

The other three bounty hunters were pretty neat - I liked the stuff between Ashoka and Seripas (the little guy in the mechanical suit) - it would be great if they made a figure for him too - like the big mechanical suit and then a small little accessory for the little guy actually inside the suit.

I don't think Rumi (the female sniper) survived that blast from the tank - she was nowhere to be found at the end and Sugi (the female Zabrak leader) did say she had some room in her ship, maybe the loss of Rumi was partly why she said that?

It will be interesting to see Empo, Sugi and Seripas return to the series at some point as bounty hunters who are actually friendly to the Jedi.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 3, 2010, 05:50 PM »
Very good!  Glad we're done with the senate and the dutchess - for now.  Totally diggin the hat bounty hunter guy.  Was that a Rancor walking around in the beginning?  Couldn't tell.  Dug the little boba "preview" as well...with that old school video game theme in the background   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 3, 2010, 09:21 PM »
Yeah, I was digging the couple of Rancor that walked by.  I thought it was kind of cool that they ignored the Jedi, kind of makes the Rancor at Jabba's seem like it had been twisted by its captors, into the ravenous beast that we see in ROTJ.
I am not the Stig

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 4, 2010, 09:42 AM »
Was the "in memory of Akira Kurasawa" at the beginning for CW or the show beforehand? I thought it was for the show beforehand, but that episode was very "Seven Samurai" and other Akira films. I thought that was really cool, but I hope I'm not making it up.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 4, 2010, 10:19 AM »
Was the "in memory of Akira Kurasawa" at the beginning for CW or the show beforehand? I thought it was for the show beforehand, but that episode was very "Seven Samurai" and other Akira films. I thought that was really cool, but I hope I'm not making it up.

Since the episode was most certainly a nod to the "Seven Samurai", I think the in memorium was definitely for the Clone Wars episode.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #219 on: April 5, 2010, 10:44 AM »
Season Finale Trailer: Heavy spoiler warning apply
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 5, 2010, 12:54 PM »
Season Finale Trailer: Heavy spoiler warning apply

I was just coming over to post about that....definitely looking forward to it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #221 on: April 5, 2010, 03:35 PM »
I already think this rocks...  And everyone loves Bossk because we all know Trandoshan's get alllll da ladies.

Some of the story overtones, especially about the kid's backstory, are quite interesting.  Why is he who he is?  That's pretty neat.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 5, 2010, 11:56 PM »
Embo is the coolest frigging character to come out of that show yet, none of the campy cheesiness of Cad or Hondo, and twice the badassery. He has instantly become my favorite new character. Kudos to Dave Filoni for the voice work too.

Aside from the Geonosis arc, that was the best episode of the season, hands down.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #223 on: April 6, 2010, 12:21 AM »
none of the campy cheesiness of Cad or Hondo

I don't know that I'd go that far...  Well, with Hondo I would. :)

Bane's pretty badass though, and as much as Embo's a nod to a guy from a Kurisawa movie, Bane's a nod to Clint Eastwood's silent stranger from Spaghetti Western's...  I consider them similarly rooted, just different styles.  I thought that actually made him even cooler then last week.

Bane's still one of my favorite things to come from CW3D though...  Someone actually winning over the Jedi's?  That's pretty nice to see.

I 100% agree that, besides Landing at Point Rain/Geonosis Story Arc, this is one of the better episodes.  It was interesting seeing the Jedi work WITH Bounty Hunters...  a hesitance that I think Vader carries forward with him, but ultimately learns to trust more than others do.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 6, 2010, 10:30 AM »
Bane's pretty badass though, and as much as Embo's a nod to a guy from a Kurisawa movie, Bane's a nod to Clint Eastwood's silent stranger from Spaghetti Western's...  I consider them similarly rooted, just different styles.  I thought that actually made him even cooler then last week.

Yeah, except the silent stranger was always a GOOD GUY. Bane is just an evil, greedy little weasel.

I get that they're caricatures, I just think they missed the whole point with Bane. Trying to kill those Jedi kids was beyond the pale, IMO.

I actually like Hondo.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy