Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Two Discussion Thread  (Read 68457 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Two Discussion Thread
« Reply #240 on: April 16, 2010, 02:57 PM »
Nope, the season finale's 3-parts I believe, starting next week and ending with a double-header the following week.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 16, 2010, 03:04 PM »
But tonight is more of the Zilla, right?  I couldn't recall if there are three or four new episodes left  :-[
I am not the Stig

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #242 on: April 16, 2010, 03:06 PM »
Yes, four new episodes left -

tonight = Zilla Beast part 2
4/23 = Season Finale part 1
4/30 = Season Finale part 2 and 3
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 20, 2010, 02:19 AM »
Where has Ahsoka been during the Zilla episodes?  I can't recall seeing her on Malastare and she wasn't on Coruscant.  Now I'm not sure if my timeline is off, but at this point Anakin should have Ahsoka as his padawan, right?  I'm thinking this because Anakin and Ahsoka broke in the Y-Wings when that fighter was first introduced & the Y-Wing was definitely used on Malastare; hence Ahsoka should be somewhere....

Also, was Palpatine intentionally testing the Zilla to see what it was capable of?
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #244 on: April 20, 2010, 02:35 PM »
The YW's do place this episode after Ahsoka's placement with Anakin, so she's somewhere...  I guess just not on Coruscant.  Maybe she's stuck on something else for her training.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 21, 2010, 01:09 AM »
I dug Palpatines larger role in Zillo beast Part 2. I found it very interesting seeing him put in such a dangerous situation that he didn't have any control over in which he might not have any choice but to blow his cover as a sith lord in order to save himself. Things managed to work in his favor of course, but I can't help but wonder, might he have whipped out some force powers if the gas bombs had failed and the creature had persisted in it's attempts to kill him?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #246 on: April 23, 2010, 11:01 PM »
Tonight was great but next week looks fan frickin tastic!

One thing I have been meaning to comment on is the music has been steadily better over the course of the series.  There are pick ups and themes that sound very Williamsesque

The pod scene at the end was great and it played off of the escape pod/Plo Koon episode of Season 1. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #247 on: April 24, 2010, 02:33 AM »
Yeah I liked the pod at the end, but I really thought we'd see the kids floating around in space the way they were playing it up.  :)  I mean, why shut the door to their pod, ya know?  Just detach and hose 'em.

Either way though, it was a great episode I thought, and I liked watching the Endurance suffer catastrophic damage like that and still managing to limp into atmosphere and try a landing.

I like that they're giving SOME backstory to Fett too.  He's now a tortured character, there's a tinge of good in him (kind of felt that way about Jango too, which his EU background hinted at it), and this feels like they're trying to keep Boba a little ambiguous for the Boba fans, so they can love him as both the good guy and the bad guy.

I like Bossk just standing there too.  Hands down my favorite alien, and I dig that he's there.  Hasbro depicted him as a Jedi killer of sorts, and so I like that he's getting some play in that era as possibly just that kind of hunter.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 24, 2010, 10:21 AM »
I thought last night's episode was pretty good.

My favorite part had to be when Boba went into the engine core and had to over-power that clonetrooper. When the helmet came off, there was that split second where Boba wanted to make that connection between the clone and Jango, and then for him to stun the trooper instead of outright kill him was also pretty cool.

Also kinda interesting how he really only wanted to harm Mace Windu, and that's it. It wasn't like he had this great anger for all Jedi because of what happened, just anger towards the one man who killed his dad.

I would have liked to see the scene where Anakin was addressing the squad go on a bit more, and if they could have worked in dialogue that was a send-up to the scene where Vader addresses Boba Fett and the rest of the Bounty Hunters.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 24, 2010, 10:23 AM »
I was very glad they didn't just make Boba some "evil" kid. I loved that he just wanted his revenge on Mace, but you can see as he had to leave the other kids he'll start to find killing and capturing for others to kill for money more and more easy.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #250 on: April 24, 2010, 12:44 PM »
Last night was really good, but some of it was played kind of strange.  It was written/directed as if you weren't supposed to know Boba was even in the show - no reaction shot from him whatsoever when he first sees Mace, the man he's dedicated his young life to killing - and even when he is revealed, it's very underplayed.  Nothing bad about it, just odd.

That said, I really liked it for all the reasons mentioned above.  Also, the music was great.  The sonic reveal of the Slave 1 - that distinctive growl of its engines - was very cool.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 24, 2010, 05:19 PM »
I liked how "Lucky" kept his head down as to not make eye contect with the clones as he entered the ship.  Didn't seem to make any connection with the clone in the engine core when he took his helmet off, but...that's your dad's face Boba.  Bossk was pretty bad ass just standing there with his arms crossed - thank god he didn't talk.  Loved the reveal of the Slave I as well.  Looking forward to the finale!
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 26, 2010, 01:12 PM »
I really enjoyed Friday's episode as well.  In a way, I thought the episode added more backstory to Boba's character than AOTC did.  Of course, the storyline of his father being killed by a Jedi came from that movie, but I sort of like how his story in general was handled here.  Giving a little insight without taking too much away from the character.  I really liked seeing Bossk as well, just standing there with his arms crossed.  I'm hoping we see more of him in the finale.  Aurra Sing is another character that I think has been made immensely "cooler" by the animated series.  It is funny that after seeing all that hype and teasers about the "Rise of the Bounty Hunters" starting about a year ago, we're just now getting to that in the finale really.  I have to admit, I'm sort of hoping for an all-new Slave 1 after seeing it in CW as well ;).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #253 on: April 29, 2010, 04:02 PM »
Anyone else notice, now between Yularren and his peer in Killian, a certain resentment towards the Jedi that's not really being explained?  Killian showed it when he insisted on going down with the ship.  Yularren's shown it since day 1 in the CW movie.

I find that interesting...  People seem to dislike the Jedi for possibly their own reasons.  Jealousy perhaps?  A certain level of envy of the Jedi being given rank, rather than earning it the traditional military ways?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 30, 2010, 09:37 AM »
Anyone else notice, now between Yularren and his peer in Killian, a certain resentment towards the Jedi that's not really being explained?  Killian showed it when he insisted on going down with the ship.  Yularren's shown it since day 1 in the CW movie.

I find that interesting...  People seem to dislike the Jedi for possibly their own reasons.  Jealousy perhaps?  A certain level of envy of the Jedi being given rank, rather than earning it the traditional military ways?

I think you nailed it with the last part there. Yularen is a career military man, very rigid and by-the-books. Now suddenly he has to take orders from a bunch of mystical yahoos with little to no formal military background. They're unconventional, possessing strange, weird powers, and no doubt ruffle his brittle, patrician feathers. Small wonder he ended up an Empire man...no weird aliens or freaky powers to worry about.

I liked last week's episode more than I thought. I'm glad they are portraying Boba as a somewhat ambiguous, clearly manipulated character, rather than a 9 year old super villain bad-ass. I love Bossk and Aurra Sing as his evil foster parents. Shoot, I love pretty much everything about Aurra. She is way more interesting at this point in terms of backstory, etc.

A lot of the stuff on the Jedi cruiser was just ridiculous though. I'm sure the engine room would be so easily accessed. Lackluster doesn't even begin to describe the security system there. And how come Mace couldn't sense the impending danger from his quarters, or the weird vibes Boba was giving off when they met in the hallway? Was his spider sense on vacation?

At any rate, it's been a strong season overall, and I am really going to miss this show for the next few months. Good, good stuff.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy