Author Topic: CW Ahsoka's Delta-7b Jedi Starfighter  (Read 6744 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
CW Ahsoka's Delta-7b Jedi Starfighter
« on: July 22, 2009, 10:47 PM »
I also saw a sign for Ahsoka's Starfighter

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 11:23 PM »

Here is the sign along with an obstructed view of her JSF.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 06:09 PM »
Is it a bit crazy that we went from not even knowing this was coming to me buying it at Target today?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: CW Ahsoka's Delta-7b Jedi Starfighter
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 01:44 PM »
Wow, it's already out. I have been passing on the CW triangle ships as I have all of the "real" ones.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 04:43 PM »
Wow, it's already out. I have been passing on the CW triangle ships as I have all of the "real" ones.

It's shipping with the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid.  And we've seen reports of that showing up.  So the Ahsoka fighter must be out.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 04:58 PM »
Got mine last weekend with the tank droid.  Wasn't planning on going the Skittles route on these fighters again, but I just can't resist - especially still at $19.99.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 05:25 PM »
Is it a bit crazy that we went from not even knowing this was coming to me buying it at Target today?

I think it's going to sell well regardless.  Hasbro stated at Comic Con that Ahsoka has outsold almost every other female character in the history of the line.  She may be at the point of even outselling Leia, which is a significant achievement.

And with that in mind I think Ahsoka's Jedi starfighter is going to be a solid seller.

Feedback

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 05:30 PM »
As long as they're in the show, I'll buy them. It's a great toy.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 06:48 PM »

I think it's going to sell well regardless.  Hasbro stated at Comic Con that Ahsoka has outsold almost every other female character in the history of the line.  She may be at the point of even outselling Leia, which is a significant achievement.

And with that in mind I think Ahsoka's Jedi starfighter is going to be a solid seller.
You missed my point.  We didn't really even see a picture of this until at the show and all of a sudden I bought one last week at Target.  They has said it was coming in a Q&A I believe at one point but played it really close to the vest.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 07:41 PM »

You missed my point.  We didn't really even see a picture of this until at the show and all of a sudden I bought one last week at Target.  They has said it was coming in a Q&A I believe at one point but played it really close to the vest.

Han's Hideout - April 10th.

QUESTION:  OK, we've already got Obi-Wan's Delta 7 Starfighter and Anakin's yellow Delta 7 Starfighter is expected this Summer. How long before we get Ahsoka's ship to round out the set?

ANSWER:  Not long, not long at all. Stay tuned!

Feedback

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #10 on: August 4, 2009, 03:13 PM »
It's pretty ridiculous that we're getting her ship, but not her astrodroid, R7-A7, to go in it.  You'd think that they'd at least have it coming out on a card or in a BP to coincide with the release of her starfighter, as well as the upcoming Y-Wing!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 4, 2009, 04:44 PM »
It's pretty ridiculous that we're getting her ship, but not her astrodroid, R7-A7, to go in it.  You'd think that they'd at least have it coming out on a card or in a BP to coincide with the release of her starfighter, as well as the upcoming Y-Wing!

I think Hasbro just doesn't think that far ahead...
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 4, 2009, 07:20 PM »
I think Hasbro just doesn't think that far ahead...

I think Hasbro just doesn't care whether or not there are astromechs available to put in the JSFs, ARC-170s, or Y-Wing, or else they would have AT LEAST done an animated version of R4-P17 for Obi-Wan's JSF this year.  Instead, it looks like, out of the first 37 animated CW figures, there are no astromechs whatsoever, and the only one that will be released in any form that we know of is a reissue of R2-D2.

I seem to recall them being asked about this (i.e. the lack of animated astromechs outside of R2 and Goldie) and they replied (paraphrasing here) that we could just use old figures to fill the slots as they had no plans to do any more new astromechs in the animated line.

I bet if the astromechs had guns coming out of their heads and were in Clone Legion-specific paint schemes we'd be getting them, though.  :P

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 6, 2009, 12:03 AM »
I think Hasbro has been surprised by the call for astromechs in this line.  And it seems that they might have some more on the way in 2010.  I don't know that I would expect many, though.

Feedback

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #14 on: August 6, 2009, 12:23 AM »
They did say that they had no plans to make any more astros in the CW line.  I think their reasoning was that they doing "minor characters" in the CW line.  This is really stupid of them, as some R2 units like Ahsoka's R7-A7 and Kit Fisto's R6-H5 are pretty prominent in their respective episodes, and obviously have a special relationship with their Jedi, complete with "dialogue" not unlike Luke's or Anakin's with R2-D2, and with R6 actually piloting his ship to the rescue of Kit from Grievous' fortress.

Certainly more astros would be a great way to make some extra money in the line, seeing as how there's almost no tooling cost (unless they do that cool green R5 unit), and every kid needs more astromechs than just R2 or Goldie to put in their jedi fighters, Y-Wings, and ARCs.