Author Topic: JediDefender 2009 Hasbro Star Wars Fans' Choice  (Read 38441 times)

Offline palps45895

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: JediDefender 2009 Hasbro Star Wars Fans' Choice
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2009, 02:06 PM »
I've got another question for you guys, now that everyone's paying attention:

Why is your site contributing a list with so many results that have already been confirmed as forthcoming by Hasbro???? And ones deemed off limits by them... I was at Comic Con when this was announced, and they very plainly made it clear that Holiday Special figures (like Ackmena, whom I would love to own, btw) are off limits for this poll...?

On your list, I note the following figures that have been confirmed ALREADY by Hasbro:
Bom Vimdin (confirmed 2011, per Hasbro qna)
Tonnikas (obviously off limits)
Han Bespin (confirmed 2010, per Hasbro qna, and also reported in fall esb wave 2010 source)
Evazan (confirmed 2010, per Hasbro qna, also Stan has confirmed casting for new mold)
Ponda Baba (confirmed 2010, per Hasbro qna, also Stan has confirmed casting for new mold)

That there alone is 5 more spots you guys could open up for new figures, when these are already confirmed as forthcoming by not just "spies", but by Hasbro themselves????

It seems like you are wasting, quite literally, 20% of your figure nomination opportunites...

I don't know why the members here aren't more concerned about this waste of opportunity. Heck, we could get 5 more figures from this little poll in there and make EVERYONE happy. There are only a handful of figures in this thread with more than 1 vote...???

Offline palps45895

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2009, 02:12 PM »
And to those that are going to say "we'd like to impress upon Hasbro how much we want the Tonnika... yadda yadda"...

Do we really have waste a spot for this?
Why not just add a little intro paragraph to your poll list indicating how highly the Tonnikas scored, but that you pulled them from the list because of the rules...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2009, 03:49 PM »
And to those that are going to say "we'd like to impress upon Hasbro how much we want the Tonnika... yadda yadda"...

Do we really have waste a spot for this?
Why not just add a little intro paragraph to your poll list indicating how highly the Tonnikas scored, but that you pulled them from the list because of the rules...
Do you actually even read this thread?  "We" already explained that
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 03:50 PM by Scott »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2009, 04:16 PM »
...also Stan has confirmed casting for new mold

And he's never wrong. ::)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2009, 04:20 PM »
Who's Stan?

Offline palps45895

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2009, 10:01 PM »
Who's Stan?

"Stan" is a Hasbro employee who occassionally drops bits about what's going on in development when he sees stuff. And, as far as I recall, he's never been dead wrong. Sometimes, it takes a year or two to see stuff out he mentioned, but it usually comes. BTW, Hasbro plans and tools the whole line over a year in advance...

Anyway, NEWS FLASH:

Ripped From The Headlines (Or Whatever)
8/17/2009 3:20:34 PM | Reported by Adam_May

Culled from Hasbro's own round-up of Q&A input some new items have been spotted in the passages. A new Attack of the Clones C-3PO will part of a second Target Geonosis Arena wave next year if the first wave sells well! The TWO Force Unleashed multipacks are confirmed — each with FIVE figures. There will be no direct "re-packs", just new figures, and significant repaints of some existing figures. Included will be TWO versions of Starkiller, Proxy, a variant of Juno Eclipse, and a few trooper variants.

A "super articulated" Bespin Han Solo is confirmed for 2010. Cantina alien Bom Vimdin is confirmed for 2011. Expanded Universe Anakin Solo (to go with Jacen and Jaina Solo) is also likely to come out next year or 2011. Hasbro has confirmed new versions of Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan next year. A new Wuher is on tap for 2010 or 2011. [Editor's Note: Might these Cantina figures come with sections to make up the "distillery"?]

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2009, 10:12 PM »
Voting will close at 11:59pm on August 21st!  For housekeeping purposes, please post ONLY your votes in this thread.  Please post all thoughts/comments on the poll in the regular JD Wishlists 2009: Discussion thread.  Thanks!

::)

Who's Stan?

C'mon Rob everyone knows S.T.A.N. (Spy To Alert Nerds)

And, as far as I recall, he's never been dead wrong.

Not dead wrong, only plain wrong. How is that Big Slave One coming along?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 10:39 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Dhivael

• Youngling
  • Dark Lord of the Sith
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2009, 09:06 PM »
I know that I'm having a semi-difficult time keepting track with a few people changing votes, and a broken discussion about who'll be able to vote or not.  Is someone keeping a running tally that might share it?
-Dhivael

Offline Arie45

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 19, 2009, 10:46 PM »
1 vote for jocasta nu, please

i actually followed the link here and was going to vote for queen jamilla but after reading all the people against her votes and seeing no one else for my girl i decide to throw my support to the insurgency so to speak

jocasta nu  you go girl!

Offline palps45895

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2009, 12:03 AM »
Well, looking back, this was the latest update:
Owen Lars
Bollux
Ackmena
Bastilla Shan
Dak Ralter

and at that time Owen had 8 votes, it looks like. Since then, there was a -1 Ackmena + 2 Ackmena + 2 Dak Ralter and, it looks like Jocasta was tied to Owen's 8 with Scott's vote and is now at 11.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2009, 12:07 AM »
We also have gotten many e-mail and PM votes which I don't post here...I haven't done an update for a few days.  I can tomorrow

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2009, 12:08 AM »
1 vote for jocasta nu, please

Oh, what a surprise!  Another new member who wants to vote for Jocasta...  and who just happens to have the same IP address as one of the other new members who just happens to want Jocasta Nu!  Shock!   ::)

Are you sure your user ID wasn't supposed to be Arie45895 so it matches your other account?

I think I've had enough all this multiple account nonsense... 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 20, 2009, 12:50 AM »
C'mon Rob everyone knows S.T.A.N. (Spy To Alert Nerds)

Meh... I read the rumor lists but I don't ever take them too seriously, and I don't pay enough attention to retain who the personalities are. 

Oh, what a surprise!  Another new member who wants to vote for Jocasta...  and who just happens to have the same IP address as one of the other new members who just happens to want Jocasta Nu!  Shock!   ::)

Are you sure your user ID wasn't supposed to be Arie45895 so it matches your other account?

Uh oh, Hulk angry.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2009, 01:24 AM »
and, it looks like Jocasta was tied to Owen's 8 with Scott's vote and is now at 11.

I think Scott's 'change of heart' was a joke.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2009, 02:20 AM »
Uh oh, Hulk angry.

Hulk know how to read IP's...  Grrrrrrrr.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77