Author Topic: JediDefender 2009 Hasbro Star Wars Fans' Choice  (Read 38323 times)

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 Hasbro Star Wars Fans' Choice
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2009, 12:30 PM »

Question:  Why are the Tonnikas still on the list since when announcing this Hasbro even stated they hope fans don't waste a vote for them since they won't make them?  Similarly, in a recent Q&A they said they wouldn't make Ackmena.  I mean, I'm all for voting for who you want, but I think Hasbro already knows we want them, but (for different reasons) neither Ackmena nor the Tonnikas will be made.

and then later palps45895 reworded my question...

Question: Why are we accepting nominations for (Ackmena) and why do we have characters on our list (Tonnikas...) that have been put off limits by Hasbro for this poll... they stated at Comic Con that Toy Fair has been instructed to not even include these in the final poll... isn't this just wasting voting spots?

Off Limits:
Tonnika Sisters (either)
any character based on George Lucas himself.
Grebleips (the ET senators)
Tyvokka & Jedi Wookiees
any live-action character from the Holiday Special

Unless I missed something, Scott hasn't addressed either question... why are we sending nominees for something Hasbro stated they won't make when we aren't accepting nominees for confirmed figures?  Both are equally wasted spots.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2009, 01:22 PM »
I have not seen the official rules...so I am waiting for Jeff to answer that since he has them.  I know they have said those figures were off limits in the past but its our list, you know what I mean.  I know other sites specifically said that but it could be their own interpretation of what Hasbro has said in the past.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2009, 01:28 PM »
I don't see it being an issue. I for one think their inclusion reinforces the collectors desire for such figures and to work on getting the proper legal releases. Plus, using that rationale, figures other than the "off limits" ones might have already been in the works so they would essentially be "wasted" too. Their inclusion in the list will just end up influencing the release order and those with a higher tally coming out first.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2009, 02:19 PM »
I have not seen the official rules...so I am waiting for Jeff to answer that since he has them.  I know they have said those figures were off limits in the past but its our list, you know what I mean.  I know other sites specifically said that but it could be their own interpretation of what Hasbro has said in the past.

What I understand from the info Hasbro presented at Comic Con is that they will have a panel (consisting of whom is unknown) to sort through the candidates.  That panel will make the determination on which characters end up in ToyFare's online poll.  I think this Hasbro/LFL/ToyFare panel will probably be responsible for weeding out those candidates that are submitted but are verbotten by Lucas Licensing.

Still, I think it's important for the fan sites that are participating to be vocal about which characters they really want.  Will it have an impact?  That's debatable.  But if Hasbro sees results from a dozen+ of their Q&A sites that show people want the Tonnikas, Ackmena, Tyvokka or other forbidden characters, maybe it will get the wheels turning at Lucas Licensing and some change could take place on the so-called "forbidden list".

We've definitely been seeing some very strong trends in the voting over at JTA.  When you let people pick 30 characters, you're bound to see a number of them recurr.  And I think with the annual polling that JD conducts that this site was already well positioned to take part in the poll.  As for when things get to ToyFare's poll?  That remains to be seen.  But looking back at the last Fan's Choice poll, it was definitely a positive experience all the way around.  We've gotten nearly ALL of the characters that were candidates in that last poll over the past few years.  And I think that this group of 30 Fan Choice poll candidates will definitely be the source of a lot of figures for the next few years.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline MasterMundi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2009, 02:45 AM »
I proudly cast my vote for:

JOCASTA NU

Offline jts21

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2009, 05:03 PM »
My vote is for Captain Rex (Clone Wars 3D Cold Weather)

Offline StarWarsSteve

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: JediDefender 2009 Hasbro Star Wars Fans' Choice
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2009, 01:43 AM »
My vote goes to
Jocasta Nu

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2009, 01:52 AM »
My vote goes to
Jocasta Nu

What a surprise! ::)

Offline palps45895

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2009, 09:19 AM »
My vote goes to
Jocasta Nu

What a surprise! ::)

LOL...  :)

I hope you don't mind, but I've started a PM/email campaign to my fellow Jocasta Nu for Fan's Choice supporters over at Scum and SSG to let them know you guys are voting for 1 figure...

you guys can't seriously prefer an old shriveled man to an old shriveled lady,  ;D...

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2009, 05:00 PM »
Yeah, I noticed a lot of one-timers skewing the votes.

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2009, 05:53 PM »
I'd say anyone with less than 50 posts ought not to be considered; whose vote is this supposed to be for, the real JD community or random people who will never return to the site again after that one post?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2009, 06:06 PM »
I'd say anyone with less than 50 posts ought not to be considered; whose vote is this supposed to be for, the real JD community or random people who will never return to the site again after that one post?

C'mon, give them benefit of the doubt, they will be back next year for the next SWFC poll. ;)
Yeah, the random posters make this feel a bit fraudulent and not very collective of the site want like the ICMG love that was found here.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2009, 07:06 PM »
Don't worry people...we are not idiots

BTW...I'm changing my vote...I am voting for:

JOCASTA NU
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 07:10 PM by Scott »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2009, 02:58 AM »
Who knew some old bag was so desireable!?  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline amanaguy

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2009, 12:17 PM »
I, too, have heard the calling...

JOCASTA NU for President

...er, I mean, FANS CHOICE FIGURE. Chalk one up for me!

By the way, I follow your site all the time. I've just never had the urge to post anything before. You guys invited us to join the forums and vote on the front page, right?

I'll bet that's one thing these polls do for you is get you lots of new members. Hopefully, they will all hang around like me.