Author Topic: Toyfare 2009 Fan's Choice Voting  (Read 69156 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Toyfare 2009 Fan's Choice Voting
« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2010, 12:32 AM »
I'm disappointed Zam Wesell didn't make it just cuz I like her so much ...

And do the Top 5 (besides Bastilla) also get made into action figures?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #136 on: January 14, 2010, 12:52 AM »
Yes and no...

Hasbro's track record over the years is, "most likely, yes", but that isn't a guarantee of course...  I think it's a good chance at some point though.  Though the percentages weren't staggering by any means, for any one character, and so that may play into Hasbro feeling some figure ideas there still don't have any real legitimate support...

Plus I feel sure Hasbro's still looking at that list and thinking a lot of fans maybe didn't vote for things like Tarkin, or some other OT character because they feel, "that's a likely figure we'll get".  And they're probably right.  I imagine (and noticed at least on Scum's boards at the time) a lot of people saying, "I'm not voting for _____ because they're going to get to him anyway (or because he was "rumored" or something)".  I know I saw people saying that about Evazan...  So does that mean Evazan resculpt is seriously that low on the list compared to Darth Caedus, or were people voting less with what they wanted and more with what they thought Hasbro's less likely to do?

See that's how "rumor lists" and other unofficial (and sometimes plain bull****) things can taint votes like that.  If Hasbro put out a list of 5 figures they said, "Vote now for 2, and the other 3 are off the table forever", I think you'd probably see a more pure vote.

I think a lot of people go into those votes with obscurity as their only rationale right now, especially EU obscurity...  At one time, Ephant Mon fit the obscurity bill great.  Nowadays though, Hasbro's not against making movie obscure on their own and so I think a lot of people feel the truly obscure is the Expanded Universe, which Hasbro only dabbles in a little and stay away from some forms almost totally.  Is that having some play in how things work?  I think it may.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 12:57 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 14, 2010, 10:53 AM »
See that's how "rumor lists" and other unofficial (and sometimes plain bull****) things can taint votes like that.  If Hasbro put out a list of 5 figures they said, "Vote now for 2, and the other 3 are off the table forever", I think you'd probably see a more pure vote.

That's a good point.  I think you'd see a difference if it was a situation of "vote for how you want, because the rest won't get made".  I'm tend to lean more towards OT characters/figures myself as well, but I can see the point of "scraping the bottom of the barrel".  There are still some unmade OT characters I'd like to see, and I think we all want to see the vintage line finished up in modern form (and I think we will), but otherwise most of what I want are resculpts of previously done (often POTF2) figures.  I don't think resculpts will finish too high on any fan voting, at least for the most part.  Again, like it has been said already, I don't think the ToyFare votes are necessarily indicative of the feelings of the overall fandom, but you have to wonder if SW collecting will start leaving some of us older "more OT" collectors behind.  Between the few OT characters remaining, the big CW push, and these constant EU (or previously, rainbow clone troopers) pushes with the big votes...it does seem like there is a shift.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 14, 2010, 01:35 PM »
I hated the results. Where's the OT love?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 14, 2010, 02:29 PM »
I agree with what Jesse is saying too.  I voted more EU based - which may have been because of all the early reports, which turned out to be true, with the fall of the comic pack line.

I just went to Rebelscum and they now have the entire list in order of how al figures ranked.  The 7 of the top 8 are EU.  This leads me to agree with all of Jesse's points even more.

man, only 1 EU character didn't make it to the top - I smell hoax...

edit x many   :P
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 02:34 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 14, 2010, 02:42 PM »
I demand a recount - all the voting percentages only add up to 98.8%.   :P

must be some hanging chads in there...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2010, 02:52 PM »
I'm also with Jesse in that the cult over there is drinking lots and lots of rumor Kool Aid and influencing who and what people should vote for based on scant to no evidence of things actually coming...I myself have wanted Bom Rimdin for ever but because ADAM_MAY or stan or even Hasbro might have said he is coming in 2012 there is no support.  Most people here have been at this long enough to realize that you can't trust Hasbro and everyone came make up a rumor list...one shouldn't rush to say then that everything is gospel because most of those rumors are bull****

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #142 on: January 14, 2010, 04:01 PM »
I'd take it a step further that you cannot even trust Hasbro themselves...

The Q&A's fun, I enjoy it immensely, but if they say, "________ is definitely happening in ______.", I still am a little leary of that.  Yes we may get that Tarkin resculpt in 2010, or whatever, but we may not too...  Sometimes they say something isn't happening when it is, and sometimes the things they claim are happening seem to slip away a little bit, or "get pushed back".  It happens of course as a natural part of the line, but my point is just because it's been claimed in a Hasbro Q&A, don't necessarilly believe it as the gospel of the line's future.  It may not happen for a while, and if the line goes a totally new direction of what it is when they answer that question, then it may not happen at all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 14, 2010, 07:11 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one that recognized that some posters, and sites in general, have interpreted Hasbro's statements incorrectly.  There are posters on RS, for example, that have been posting for two days now about how Bastila Shan was already announced and they're demanding Hasbro pass on her the same way they passed on Vos for Malak.

Unfortunately, Hasbro never announced her, not in the Q&A and not in the ToyFare article that people are trying to cite.  But, you can't argue with facts most of the time because, well, most people just want to be pissed off, they don't care if they're right or not.

Whatever.  I'm fine with Shan winning.  I do believe that these polls should be used to vote for characters less likely to be made by Hasbro.  Honestly, Tarkin and Senate Duel Palpatine, for example, are such main characters that Hasbro alsmost can't skip them.  So why vote for them in a poll like this?  Characters in the grey area like Bariss or the handmaidens I can see, even the (very, very) background OT characters like Taym Dren-Garen need these types of polls to help Hasbro guage interest.

One other thing, I refuse to accept that Jaxxon, the "space bunny," is somehow less of a valid poll option than Cane Adiss or Tzizvvt, the space giraffe and the space fly.  Especially Tzizvvt, which I think was the biggest waste of poll space and should never even appear on Hasbro's radar.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 14, 2010, 08:15 PM »
I may be totally off base, but I don't get why they even had this next round of voting - to get fans excited (again)?  How many of us have been collecting since POTF2/Ep1 if not from the vintage days?  Hasbro has at least 8 more years left.  I have patience and I'm sure all these figures will be made in time + tons more, so I'm happy with waiting and will just be kickin back.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2010, 08:18 PM »
Especially Tzizvvt, which I think was the biggest waste of poll space and should never even appear on Hasbro's radar.

Speak for yourself.  I love the fact Tzizvvt made it and I'd prefer ANY Cantina Alien, even the most obscure, "only in the photo stills/holiday special and not actually in the movie" type ones over any video game character, prequel queen, handmaiden, or Jedi librarian types.  Different strokes for different folks and all that I guess.     :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2010, 08:40 PM »
I give you the current RS Rumor list...no joke...I think they missed a few non made characters somewhere.

Han (Cermony) previously: Stan’s Rumour List
Rebel Commander
Imperial Commander/Commander Praji C4 Spy Report & Stan’s Rumour List
IG-100 Magna-Guard
Midwife Driod/GH-7
Cin Drallig
Yoda (senate duel) recently noted for 2010?
Darth Sidious (Senate Duel)
Merumeru
Oddball
Mon Calmari Dancer
Padme (Senate)
Toryn Farr 42N-TLR 8/11/08 Prognostication - previously: Stan’s Rumour List
Obi-Wan (Spirit)
Princess Leia - Hoth Gear Noted by Hasbro for 2010
Han Solo - Bespin Gear - 42N-TLR 8/11/08 Prognostication
Luke Skywalker - Hoth Gear
Dengar
Wedge Antilles (Snow Speeder Pilot)
Dengar
Zam Wessell
Aurra Sing
Danz Borin 42N-TLR 8/11/08 Prognostication - previously: 42N-TLR 4/5/07 Prognostication & Stan’s Rumour List
Toonbuck Toora - Stan’s Rumour List
Kister/ Wald - Stan’s Rumour List
Battle Droid
Jar Jar
Eeth Koth
Adi Gallia
Ann Gella
Darth Maul
Tey How
Naboo Royal Guard
Captain Panaka
Anakin Skywalker (Pod Race Pilot)
Sio Bibble (AOTC)
Anakin Skywalker (Peasant Disguise)
Padme Amidala (Peasant Disguise)
Barris Offee (SA) - Stan’s Rumour List Also on 2009/2010 list
Kamino Research Cloner - Stan’s Rumour List Also on 2009/2010 list
Boba Fett
Zam Wessell
Padme (Senate Attire)
Sarissa Jeng
Sgt Doallyn previously: April 5th GH Blogger & Stan’s Rumour List
Weequay
Fozec
EV-9D9
Gray Squadion Pilot previously: Stan’s Rumour List
Luke (Jedi)
Grizz Frix
Tatooine Creature Pack - 42N-TLR 8/11/08 Prognostication - previously: 42N-TLR 4/5/07 Prognostication &Stan’s Rumour List - These are noted as some of the smaller denizens of Jabba's Palace like Worrt, etc.
Tiree - April 5th GH Blogger
Yoxgit - 42N-TLR 8/11/08 Prognostication - previously: 42N-TLR 4/5/07 Prognostication
Han Solo (Ewok Banquet) - April 5th GH Blogger
Luke Skywalker (Ewok Banquet) - April 5th GH Blogger
Chewbacca (Ewok Banquet) - April 5th GH Blogger
Princess Leia (Imperial Captive) - April 5th GH Blogger
Chewbacca (Imperial Prisoner) - April 5th GH Blogger
Darth Vader (Funeral Pyre) - April 5th GH Blogger
Baniss Keeg - 42N-TLR 8/11/08 Prognostication
Dagobah Creatures Pack - 42N-TLR 8/11/08 Prognostication
Princess Leia (Bespin Escape) - 42N-TLR 8/11/08 Prognostication
Sim Aloo 42N-TLR 8/11/08 Prognostication
Boba Fett (Return of the Jedi) - 42N-TLR 8/11/08 Prognostication
Kithaba 42N-TLR 8/11/08 Prognostication

SWL Vehicles & Playsets - Rumors
AT-AT - Large Scale similar to BMF - Rumored here, and now updated on Galactic Hunter, and further more a source now tells me that foam core and CAD models exists of the concept for this vehicle! Apparently on "lock down" security
Slave One - Larger Scale Update Noted by Galactic Hunter

SWL Battlepacks & Multipacks - Rumors

Inactive Rumors
Splinter of the Minds Eye Comic Pack (2011)
Battle of Theed
Battle of Naboo
Jedi vs. Dissidents (Separatists?)
Jedi Training
Muunlist
The Jundland Wastes
Mustafar Lava Flea (2010?)
8D8
E-3P0
R4-D6
R3-T6
R5 Unit - From Home One
CZ-3
4-LOM
IG-88
Hovering Droid w/ No Legs
Super Battle Droid - E1 Doug Chiang Concept Artwork
Lt. Sheckil
E-Wing Starfighter
Landspeeder
Sith Starfighter
Slave I
TIE Defender
Death Star (possibly more than one)
Forward Base AlphaTIE Predator with Pilot (Vector/Legacy)
Rouge Shadow (The Force Unleashed)
BD-3000
G-3P0
Dauntry Dofine - Stan’s Rumour List
Commander Bly
Sweitt Concorkill
Luke Dagobah
Tikkes
Taym Dren Garen
Imprial Probe Droid
Royal Guard previously: Stan’s Rumour List
Death Squad Commander
Bith Musician
Oola - 42N-TLR 8/11/08 Prognostication - previously: 42N-TLR 4/5/07 Prognostication Hasbro says "no"
Star Destroyer
Wolf Sazen & Darth Nihl - Rebelscum 1/29 Rumor Update
Alto Stratus & Nimbus Guard - Rebelscum 1/29 Rumor Update
Jodo Kast & Boba Fett - Rebelscum 1/29 Rumor Update
Princess Leia & C-3P0 - Rebelscum 1/29 Rumor Update
Mosep (Marvel “Jabba”) and Han Solo – June 22nd Force Cast & Rebelscum 1/29 Rumor Update
Jabba's Skiff Guards Battlepack (Exclusive) - December 16th 411
Star Wars: Master & Apprentice Multipack - 12/31/07 Rumor List
Star Wars: Redemptions Multipack - 12/31/07 Rumor List
Star Wars: Old Friends Multipack - 12/31/07 Rumor List
Star Wars: The Force Multipack - 12/31/07 Rumor List
Ben Quadrinaros - Apparently on Hasbro's bottom of the barrel list
Jocastu Nu - Apparently on Hasbro's bottom of the barrel list
Possible Rouge Squadron Multipack - Actionfigs.com 12/7 Q&A - The supposed EE Exclusive Rogue/Wraith Squadron packs seem to have fallen off the boards, so we'll bump this one down the list, until we hear something new.
Wave 10: EU/Vector Wave
Zayne Carrick (KOTOR)
Celeste Morne (KOTOR)
Darth Vader (Dark Times)
Luke Skywalker (Rebellion)
Cade Skywalker (Legacy)
Darth Krayt (Legacy)
Male Muur talisman holder
Rakghoul (KOTOR)
Build-A-Figure: HK-47 (KOTOR)
Cantina Cinema Scene RS Thread & June 22 ForceCast
Death Star Cinema Scene RS Thread & June 22 ForceCast
It would appear that these were both Galactic Heroes Items.
GH?: Agen Kolar (2008 W4 - ROTS)
R2D2 (Readout Board of the Death Star Plans) - Stan’s Rumour List
Leia (Bespin Escape) - Stan’s Rumour List
Porkins (Red-6)(NEW Sculpt) - Stan’s Rumour List
Pops (Gold 5) - Stan’s Rumour List
C-3P0 Evolutions from Stan’s rumor list - confirmed to NOT be coming in 2008 by two sources.
Naboo Royal Guard (SA) - Told that this one is off the list for now
R5-X2 - Told that this one is off the list for now
Tusken Raider (Jundland Wastes) - April 5th GH Blogger & Stan’s Rumour List – although the added note here was “sniper”

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2010, 09:09 PM »
WOW!
2010 is going to be expensive! How are they going to cram that in 4 waves?......
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #148 on: January 14, 2010, 09:09 PM »
Don't ever vote for ANY of that stuff because it's all rumored!  

That leaves 3 figures to vote for next time.  Boy I hope they get made!  ;D

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #149 on: January 14, 2010, 09:16 PM »
What a shotgun blast of diarrhea that is.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird