Author Topic: Legacy Collection Figure Returns  (Read 3395 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Legacy Collection Figure Returns
« on: August 13, 2009, 11:28 PM »
I got this from an anonymous, reliable source of mine, and I found it interesting to share...

Hasbro is out doing some cleaning on the pegs of Legacy Collection figures.  Seems a list of certain figures is destined to go somewhere.  Perhaps charities, perhaps outlets.  Head on out to the front page to Read the Full Story Here, and feel free to share your thoughts in this thread.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: Legacy Collection Figure Returns
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 11:53 PM »
Not surprising, there are stories all over of certain figures staying on shelves for months. Yarna and Saesee Tiin have been on pegs all over Chicagoland for a year now, Breha Organa and Stass Allie for 6-8 months. Some stores still have Juno Eclipse's from 18 months ago. And people all over are still finding Moff Jerjerrod's 3 years later. In some cases, it's about time this took place but certain stores seemed to be adamant to not only sell old stock but raise the price on them as well.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 12:27 AM »
Honestly the only figures from that list I still see are both Organas and Yarna. I haven't seen Ak-Rev or the Cantina aliens in ages. All that I can find from Wave 5 are Spacetroopers and Han/Luke Stormies, with the occasional Obi-Wan here and there. Like CorranHorn said, most stores are still plagued by the 30AC Cantina aliens, Juno Eclipse, and Moff Jerjerrod, along with recent Legends like Saesee Tinn, Plo Koon, and Anakin and Obi-Wan. I wish they'd return all these older figures and Legends, but "Legends sells" so it looks like we're stuck with those.

Though it is good news that Hasbro is attempting to get rid of the pegwarmers. Too bad in a few months we'll be complaining about the new waves of Legends and whatever else pegwarms out of the future waves :-p
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 12:29 AM »
That's a little worrisome that the Cantina aliens were on that list.  I haven't seen massive numbers of those (compared to something like Yarna) and I want Hasbro to be encouraged to keep making them.

I guess we can expect to see a run of $70.00 battle packs later on with all these figures stuffed into them, plus one Tonnika Sister so you have to buy it.  :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 12:55 AM »
I think Hasbro's aware of how to manage them, so making them isn't a problem.  I think they'll maybe just make less...  I know I see Brainiac and Wioslea, a LOT.   :-\  Not so much on the other guy.

I see lots of Organas, lots of Yarna (even 1st day of issue, which is comical).  I see a TON of other stuff too, and certain Legends figures NEVER seem to sell too (Plo Koon being the best example, I agree).  As noted though, your area may see different things on the list...  This was just PART of a list glimpsed by an anonymous buddy of mine.  It's, I think, Hasbro making a good faith gesture to retailers.

I believe in 1999/2000/2001, a lot of what got returned was actually a retailer/manufacturer agreement as I recall.  I believe something similar was in place for the 2002/2003 stuff that went back...  I don't know of anything similar for now though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 02:14 PM »
I can confirm that, at least in my areas, this has already occurred at Target.  As I've said many times before, my local Target has had nothing on the pegs, TLC-wise, besides Bail, Breha, Yarna, and Stass Allie for the last 8 months, and has not received a shipment of TLC figures since before Christmas.  When I walked into Target yesterday, the 8 Stass Allies were still there, but Bail, Breha, and Yarna were nowhere to be seen.  I just hope that the pegs are filled with actual new product (AOTC wave or newer) and not every wave between the ROTS wave and the current wave that they never stocked to begin with.  :-\

Toys R Us still has their 8 pegs filled with Yarna and Ak Rev as of this morning, and if Wal-Mart actually consents to letting the Hasbro rep take back all of their Yarnas, Bails, Brehas, and (I can only hope) the Jerjerrods that have been sitting there for the last three years, the situation might improve around here, if only briefly.  At the very least, I won't have to see the same four characters staring back at me every time I go into a toy section.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 02:29 PM »
That's a little worrisome that the Cantina aliens were on that list.  I haven't seen massive numbers of those (compared to something like Yarna) and I want Hasbro to be encouraged to keep making them.

I guess we can expect to see a run of $70.00 battle packs later on with all these figures stuffed into them, plus one Tonnika Sister so you have to buy it.  :P

Hasbro mentioned the Cantina alien sales but said they were no where near as slow sellers as Yarna, so it's not all doom & gloom there at least according to Hasbro. They just gave too many aliens at once for the general public. I know I really do not see the Cantina guys or Ak-Rev that much the others are very easy to find. I am still a little surprised how bad Yarna did, she is a nice figure. The Organas on the other hand are really boring figures that were so-so in terms of quality.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 02:32 AM »
Hmmm.  I wonder if Pons Limbic will wind up in some discount stores?  I could use some more cantina tables!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 11:03 AM »
I'm glad they're doing this. In some of the stores locally, the reason we haven't see the newer (ESB and AOTC) Legacy waves has been purely because of the army of Breha, Yarna and Limbic figures.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 01:55 PM »
After making a quick toy run this morning (looking for Legends Han/Chewie), it looks like this has happened around here as well.  Target and WM at least have none of the mentioned figures on the pegs, and WM in particular had just a TON of these last week or so.  Now there pegs are mostly bare aside from a few blue/white Clone Wars figures.  Target got in a case of the Hoth wave (bearded trooper), and otherwise it has been the same figures still.  I don't think TRU had the pegwarming offenders anymore either, although they could have taken the Legends SaeSee Tiin with them too ;).

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 02:11 PM »
It's strange that the aliens didn't sell.  That doesn't seem typical.. Maybe there were was too many in one wave? 
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com