Author Topic: The Empire Strikes Back - 30th Anniversary  (Read 3242 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
The Empire Strikes Back - 30th Anniversary
« on: August 14, 2009, 10:01 PM »
Ok, I know this thread is a little bit early, since the 30th Anniversary isn't until 2010, but I was just looking at this feature at SW.com, discussing the first trailer for ESB 30 years ago.  I thought it might be a good way to kick off this thread.  They have the video of the actual teaser, and while I'm sure many of us have seen it before, it is still fun to watch I think.  They also have a short article with some facts about it.  I guess I never realized that Harrison Ford did the voice over for this trailer, but now that they say it I can definitely hear that it is him.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Empire Strikes Back - 30th Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 02:19 PM »
With the "big day" of the 30th anniversary of ESB this week, there have been a lot of different features/celebrations taking place.  I just noticed this article: "How Empire Changed Star Wars" over at IGN.  Kind of a neat read, and really brings back all those nostalgic memories of the OT and the pre-internet waiting days between movies :).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 02:03 PM »
Sort of replying to myself here...but Happy Anniversary to ESB today!  Hard to believe that it has been 30 years.

IGN has another feature about ESB up today, getting "Hollywood" impressions of the movie - a lot of directors, etc.  I enjoyed Mark Millar's take, and Mark Hamill's is interesting as well - he mentions thinking that ROTJ would continue the "darker" feel, and he thought Luke might be courting the dark side more.  Interesting.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 02:22 PM by Brian »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 10:23 PM »
I'm watching a pre-SE version of ESB on VHS right now. Granted special effect have their place, but ESB stands up pretty well using the practical efx of the time - on tape anyway.  :D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 10:25 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 12:18 PM »
I enjoyed watching the spike tv marathon on Sat but I still say Empire is the Best movie of the whole series then A New Hope, CLones and Sith, imho. :)
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"