Author Topic: Why is Asajj Ventress in The Clone Wars (2008-0? series)  (Read 4039 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Why is Asajj Ventress in The Clone Wars (2008-0? series)
« on: August 31, 2009, 09:57 PM »
A question to Sith/Ventress fans out there - everyone's favorite evil, lightsaber-wielding damsel appeared in The Clone wars, but in the Obsession comics she's "mortally" wounded by Anakin, and eventually disappears into the unknown. Prior to this, Anakin showed just how much he hated her in a duel on Coruscant, as he wrapped her in electrical wires and sent her falling hundreds of feet (quite frankly, I don't even know how she survived that), but not before getting his facial scar by her (the one seen in ROTS). That's when Dooku rescues her, and she appears in the Obsession comics. Why is she in The Clone Wars, which seemingly takes place after her near-fatal duel on Coruscant? Anakin already has his scar, and Asajj mentions in a deleted scene from the movie that she's been looking forward to fighting him again. Anyone know the REAL answer?  ??? Don't really know how the The Clone Wars crew will be able to resolve this issue in terms of canon ... is she a Star Wars version of Frankenstein? Did that "anger/hatred powering the will to live/survive" (like what Anakin did on Mustafar) thing work in this case?
« Last Edit: November 1, 2009, 08:21 PM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Packbar

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Tolman's Toy Emporium
Re: Why is Asajj Ventress in The Clone Wars (2008-0? series)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 11:33 PM »
I long ago decided to let any smaller inconsistencies slide and just be entertained by the story.  I often think to myself how they can keep adding new stories into the years between AOTC and ROTS where they have all the comics, the animated Clone Wars and other books but they all are extremely entertaining and so I just let them be that and let smaller things like this slide. Sorry that I don't have a better answer than that.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 12:09 PM »
Because she is an entertaining character to add into the Clone Wars series.  None of these EU stories care about a canon timeline that fits nicely.  It's all about entertaining you and getting your money.  You may not like it but that's the reason why  ;D

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 1, 2009, 05:19 PM »
\Filoni and crew just don't care about continuity with previously established EU.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: November 2, 2009, 03:16 PM »
\Filoni and crew just don't care about continuity with previously established EU.

That's basically my thought...  EU is EU is EU...  They tend to ignore one another if they feel like it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 09:16 PM »
Filoni and crew just don't care about continuity with previously established EU.

That would be George's call, actually.  Filoni has expressed some frustration about GL getting involved and changing what we thought was established continuity.  But in the end he says that it's all George's deal and if he wants to do something, he's going to find a way to do it.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 04:39 PM »
Anyway you look at it she violates the Sith Rule of 2, so she has got to be short-lived no matter what. There's just no room for her in the line of succession: Palps/Maul>Palps/Dooku>Palps/Anakin.

She's the odd girl out.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 04:43 PM »
I can't remember which one, but one of the novels explained that away as Dooku never really treated her like a real Sith and never fully realized her training, essentially stunting her development so she would be a tool for the real Sith to use as they saw fit and then cast aside when she was no longer of use.  A true Sith apprentice is supposed to destroy and replace their master when they are ready, Ventress wasn't ever going to reach that point.  Kind of how Palpatine treated Maul, Dooku and Anakin, except to an even greater extent.
I am not the Stig