Author Topic: Jedidefender Fantasy Hockey Pool 2009-10  (Read 18508 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Jedidefender Fantasy Hockey Pool 2009-10
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2010, 12:33 PM »
So Stamkos logged 2 goals and an assist last night for some suspended game (I'm assuming they were making up something from earlier)... does anyone have any idea if those are reflected in my points total or not?  The game doesn't show up as being played yesterday.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2010, 12:37 PM »
Never mind... looks like it was a Friday game, and all the points are listed for Friday.  Hopefully the cumulative numbers are accurate.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2010, 01:21 PM »
I have no idea Rob and no real good idea how to dig to find it out.  I'll poke around a bit tonight to see if I can figure it out.  I got 3.4 points out of that game so I have a vested interest too. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 5, 2010, 05:30 AM »
I've given up on Tim Thomas - what a change from a year ago.  Go Bruins.  ::)

And I'm just about ready to send Kiprusoff packing too.  But I'll hold on a while longer and see if the big trade shakes things up enough to get him some offensive support so he can actually win a few games again.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2010, 08:25 PM »
Time for the Olympic break.  Look out y'all, I'm only 150 pts behind the leader. ::)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 9, 2010, 03:52 PM »
This should be an interesting last couple days -- Brent, you think you can catch the Mighty Mildews?  Pretty amazing considering this ****** luck you had with injuries.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2010, 04:49 AM »
This should be an interesting last couple days -- Brent, you think you can catch the Mighty Mildews?  Pretty amazing considering this ****** luck you had with injuries.

Truthfully, no.  I think I'm a day or two short of pulling it off.  I've got the games, but not enough time in the regular season, barring a miracle, to pull it off.  I'm disappointed, but alternately impressed that I got that close.   Having Green skip 3 games at the end of the season as a healthy scratch is irritating, but no more so than the mistakes I made listening to Yahoo with respect to players like Green and Semin that I left on the bench for five point nights because they "weren't due back yet".  That's no different than anyone else faced, so it is what it is. 

I'll definitely admit I feel I got hammered by injuries, but that's part of fantasy sports.  I lost so many games that I actually cannot use them all up which is kind of amazing when you see how many guys in the pool have used them up.  At the same time you look at Rob in fantasy basketball and having lost Arenas to a stupid, utterly stupid, suspension (well, suspension good, his behaviour bad) and he'll still win the league so what's there to complain about?   Other guys lost guys too, so as above, it is what it is.  I think it'll be cool to see what happens at 3rd spot but me winning, nope. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2010, 01:45 PM »
I got my eye on that third spot the other day but I think with the shut-out that Scott got last night he'll be able to hang on.  I screwed up by not paying enough attention here at the end.  When I was sitting in 7th I thought I was completely done and didn't bother to realize that the guys ahead of me were a) all close in the standings and b) almost out of games whereas I had plenty left.

I'm trying to squeeze as many games out of the last few days as possible, but I think 4th is the best I'll be able to do unless Scott flops from here out and my team over-performs.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2010, 12:55 AM »
Looks like Brent did it :o :o :o

Nice job Buddy :)

I was gritting my teeth here at the end...just squeaked it out for 3rd

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2010, 02:12 AM »
Congrats guys.

3-4-5 were super close... I really ****** up by not paying attention the last few weeks.  I think I could have made better use of those last games and probably came up with a trophy.

Regardless, congrats again.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2010, 05:07 PM »
Wow.  I really didn't expect that to happen.  I would suggest 50 moves is a few too many and I can't believe I couldn't actually make it to use up all the games I had left.  Very pleased to win that though, so thanks for the congrats.  8)

I think that was a great year, though it sure looked like the Mildews had it wrapped up to the point of me thinking about an Ovechkin rule akin to the Gretzky rule of old. 

I thought Rob was going to make it but good end run.  Congrats to Scott for holding on for third though, as Rob said, 3-5 was amazingly close.  I guess Rob will have to console himself with basketball. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2010, 05:16 PM »
I guess Rob will have to console himself with basketball.  

Maybe not.  The more I look at those numbers the more I think you can win if a few things break your way.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 05:17 PM by Rob »