Author Topic: The Official Shark Thread  (Read 23797 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Shark Thread
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2014, 09:52 PM »
Anyone watching Shark Week?  We are watching the documentary "Jaws Strikes Back". Some pretty awesome footage in this one.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2014, 10:47 PM »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2014, 08:57 AM »
I definitely enjoy some Shark Week.  But the fake documentaries get to be a bit much.  I expect shows on Discovery to be about something REAL.  When they ran the fake documentary about Megalodon last year I was a bit put off.  This year's doc on the "Submarine" shark from South Africa could've been totally interesting if it had just been based completely in reality.  But again they went with another fake documentary.  Not cool.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2014, 09:44 AM »
Only caught a few minutes of the submarine shark. The interviews I saw felt very Duck Dynasty fake. Why can't they get actors that can actually act?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2014, 11:02 AM »
I'm a huge shark fan. Jaws scared the **** out of me, when I saw it for the first time on VCR. That was last weekend  :P ;D

Seriously, sharks are the bomb (do kids still say that these days?) When I went to junior high, I held a 'show and tell' about sharks, which I thoroughly prepared. A zoo in a small town nearby received lemon sharks back in the 80s, which got me extremely excited back then.

Of course, I love Shark Week as well. It will air here in Holland in the week of August 18th. I don't care much for the fake documentaries, but the  real ones are always impressive to watch.

Favourite shark? Difficult to say. The blue shark is a real beauty, but the whale shark is really majestic. The common thresher has this beautiful tail with the extremely long top part. But I guess either the great white, tiger shark or mako are my favourite.

Least favourite, mostly because of the way they look, are the sand tiger shark and the basking shark. Of course, there are more exotic fuglies, but these two have always been my least favourite.

And let's not forget MisterJaw and Cat Fish! Hahaa!

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2014, 01:42 AM »
Saw this on the morning news just now ;)

http://www.telegraaf.nl/tv/opmerkelijk/22958159/__Duiker_schrikt_van_walvishaai__.html

Couldn't find an English article, but you get the picture.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2014, 07:50 AM »
I saw most of the doc on Submarine this week.  I don't even mind the shockumentary filming, but the 5 minute recap every time they come back from 5 minutes of commercials is so irritating.  I think I saw maybe 20 minutes of content in one hour.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today