Author Topic: CW "Epic Encounter" Ultimate BP  (Read 16832 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
CW "Epic Encounter" Ultimate BP
« on: September 9, 2009, 11:14 AM »
Hmmm... looky what the spies sent us last night. No details on when/where just yet, but it sure looks like the type of thing you'd see for the Target UBP line or maybe some sort of CostCo exclusive or something?

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: CW "Epic Encounter" Ultimate BP
« Reply #1 on: September 9, 2009, 11:16 AM »
I knew for some reason Hasbro couldn't ditch this format.  Hopefully it's Target again and we get a half-assed OT set to go with it.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 9, 2009, 11:18 AM »
Interesting...I wonder if it is a Target UBP or not.  I sort of got the impression we might be done with those after last year.  I guess I wouldn't mind seeing a nicely done OT set, but then again, there are more than enough exclusives to pick up this year already so it would be ok to have a year off from these.

That said, this set would be a big pass from me either way - but maybe nice for a Christmas gift for kids.  I don't understand the inclusion of the ROTS fighter with the CW Obi-Wan then, but it wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.  Stick the recent CW fighter in there instead, and it would make more sense I think.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #3 on: September 9, 2009, 11:35 AM »
I think this just may be a Euro big box retailer exclusive and may not be coming to the US. I love the ROTS ships in there with animated figures. Interesting, this is a great way to sucker us into buying more vehicles if they are repaints. Even if this comes here it's one of the easiest passes.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 9, 2009, 12:27 PM »
I think it's lame, but it's not targeted toward me anyway.  Seems like something that would be geared toward parents looking for a decent Christmas present.  I guess maybe by cutting down to two figures, they're trying to get back to a $50 price point.

Anyways, this is as easy of a pass as it gets for me.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 9, 2009, 01:13 PM »
1. Can't be the CostCo exclusive because they are doing the Turbo Tank this year - confirmed.

2. Euro-only Clone Wars release? Is there ANY precedent for that? I am an insane CW completist and I have NEVER heard of any CW animated merch coming out that was not available here in the US. (Would love to hear about any examples though if there are any)

3. I also find it VERY sketchy that they would be mixing lines like the ROTS and CW stuff. That just seems very collector unfriendly, plus Hasbro really seems keen on keeping the integrity of the various lines separate. I think that it's likely an animated re-done version of a ROTS ship that simply looks similar. (like how they re-did the AAT and Hailfire Droid)

4. Count me down for one of these no matter what the price. I want it!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 9, 2009, 02:27 PM »
This sucks so bad its got to be a TRU exclusive.  If its a TRU exclusive, I'm guessing it will be priced at about $80 as well.  2 x $20 ship + 2 x $8 figure = $80 in value, while supplies last!

Offline commander apoc

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine by me.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 9, 2009, 02:35 PM »
What does the epic battle mean, the utapau fight where grievous dies?
Obi arrived that scene in a blue-ish white starfighter, not a red one.... >:(
and there wasn't any dogfight with any of those fighters.... I think this pack is fake.

If not.... I'm not gonna get it.... :-X
There can never be enough clones.....

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #8 on: September 9, 2009, 02:53 PM »
What does the epic battle mean, the utapau fight where grievous dies?
Obi arrived that scene in a blue-ish white starfighter, not a red one.... >:(
and there wasn't any dogfight with any of those fighters.... I think this pack is fake.

If not.... I'm not gonna get it.... :-X

Maybe this is a duel that we haven't seen yet in the Clone Wars and the ETA-2 JSF makes an appearance in the second season?

I'll repeat what I said when folks thought the CW Tin was fake - who would fake a patently lame set? If you were going to fake something wouldn't you fake something remotely cool or at least throw in an "exclusive only available in this set" item?

This is real. This is lame. Fin.
« Last Edit: September 9, 2009, 02:55 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 9, 2009, 02:59 PM »
1. Can't be the CostCo exclusive because they are doing the Turbo Tank this year - confirmed.

Well, there are other wholesale stores. I'm betting this is a foreign set, but will likely be distributed at a chain of wholesale stores. (Sam's or BJs) There was an AT-TE set like this last year.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 9, 2009, 03:12 PM »

Well, there are other wholesale stores. I'm betting this is a foreign set, but will likely be distributed at a chain of wholesale stores. (Sam's or BJs) There was an AT-TE set like this last year.

Yep, but that AT-TE set was for CostCo. To my knowledge, BJ's or Sam's have never had a CW exclusive toy. (not action figure related anyway)

I agree, seems like a silly thing to fake. If it's real, I want it though.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: September 9, 2009, 03:14 PM »
Not to mention window-packaging isn't exactly easy to fake like that...  Most people who fake things don't go to the extreme trouble of faking packaging.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 9, 2009, 04:54 PM »

Anyways, this is as easy of a pass as it gets for me.

^ cosign.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 01:17 PM »
Epic Encounter? More like Epic FAIL!

Wrong ship, armored Obi...price undoubtedly too high...

Yeah, an EASY pass for me.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 01:19 PM »
Whereas I agree that this is an easy pass for me, I also think if it's not too over priced and I was a ten year old who loved the cartoon series this would be really cool to get those two characters and their ships.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within