Author Topic: Origins of "Shak-ti" (the name)  (Read 3986 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Origins of "Shak-ti" (the name)
« on: September 10, 2009, 12:15 PM »
The origin of the Jedi Master's name are rooted further in the Force than we ever knew.

I'm currently producing a printed piece for an upcoming Indian classical music concert. While doing a search on the net for info for this I came across the name of another concert and musical group called "Remembr Shakti." Of course my curiosity got the better of me so I looked up the group then the word "shakti" on it's own. 

It turns out that the word "shakti" means: from Sanskrit shak - "to be able," meaning sacred force or empowerment, is the primordial cosmic energy and represents the dynamic forces that move through the entire universe.

For a further comprehensive understanding of the root of the word go here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakti

I thought this was fascinating. It can't be coincidence considering the "Force" within Star Wars and it being a Jedi Master's name. So someone did their homework when coming up with a name for the character.

Cool huh?

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Origins of "Shak-ti" (the name)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 06:19 PM »
I remember hearing a little about this name origin before. Interesting indeed. I only recently learned that a dagoba or dagaba is a Buddhist shrine! ;D