Author Topic: Is Yoda a coward?  (Read 24086 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Is Yoda a coward?
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2009, 12:13 AM »
I was surprised to see the title of this thread when I was viewing the main page of the boards so I had to take a look...

Well, couple of things here:

#1 - I don't get your rationale on why Obi-Wan couldn't train Luke.  He could have easily set up some kind of deal with the Lars family to train him periodically or be some weird uncle that helps him.  If you're syaing Obi-Wan just had to sit and wait for something like his aunt and uncle to get crispy-fried, that seems like a pretty weak strategy for Obi-Wan.  It also doesn't jive with the movie, since Obi-Wan asks Luke to join him BEFORE anyone knows what happened to Owen and Beru.

#2 - Months on the Falcon still doesn't make sense to me.  Your rationale on clothing doesn't make sense - the issue is that Han and Leia look pretty much the same coming out of the Falcon to greet Lando as when they escaped Hoth.  Lando didn't give them clothes prior to their landing did he?  Maybe they cleaned up and just coincidentally looked similar, but its a valid plot hole in my opinion.  Even if it was just a few weeks, I don't see how Leia could have fixed herself up and I seriously doubt that Han carries make-up and hair care products on the Falcon.

All I thought was cheese was the new hope line.  Kinda like saying YOOO JOEEE! in the Joe flick...meh..probably just me though.

Don't even tell me that the Joe's don't yell this in the movie.  Do the bad guys at least yell "Cobra! Cobra! Cobra!" before they start shooting?   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2009, 12:13 PM »
Not to side track this discussion further, and maybe this is more of a comment that the OT purists would appreciate, but wouldn't you think that Obi-Wan would look back on the clone wars with a less than favorable light, given the suffering that Palpatine had orchestrated simply to kill the jedi?  When you watch ANH, Luke seems slightly impressed that he fought in the Clone Wars and Obi-Wan seems to have a slightly whistful look on his face, like it was a great time for him.  I guess it all comes down to the time frames that Lucas established for the PT, but when you only look at the OT, Obi-Wan looks back fondly on that time ("before the dark time, before the Empire"), while the ROTS Obi-Wan recognizes that they were taken in by the Emperors plot.
I am not the Stig

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2009, 08:30 PM »
I thought he was looking back fondly of the days of the Jedi....not necessarily the Clone Wars.
This is the way.

I have spoken.