Author Topic: NHL 2009 - 2010  (Read 33330 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: NHL 2009 - 2010
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 01:07 PM »
I don't know if I'll be able to end up swinging my Vikings weekend this fall.  If not, it's likely I'll try and make a Timberwolves/Wild weekend up after the New Year instead. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2009, 03:50 PM »
Getting Penguin tickets is rough, and expensive.  They will hold sometimes 1000 or so for the "Student Rush" because students supported the Pens in the lean times through that program (Talbot, Fleury, and some others still take them Pizza as they wait in line).  So I'm not hopeful to get tickets, basically.

They're available if you buy well ahead but it's not always easy for me to plan it that far ahead.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 05:22 PM »

That was a between-periods thing in Boston I think, so I doubt he'd give that a go in a game or he'd eat ice or the crossbar.  ;D

Damn, if it was in between periods, the lines to grab a beer or take a piss must have sucked, considering there was not one person in the stands.  :P

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2009, 05:57 PM »
Hah, yeah I think that's usually the case.  I'm really hoping the new Arena here has some kind of superior pissing method that's able to cut down on the lines.  I usually go during the game if I have to, just to avoid standing there.

Which brings me to something else...  I spoke too soon about not going to a game!  My gf won two company box tickets to a game on 12/5!  :)  My last year with the Civic (Mellon, blah) Arena as the home of the Pens, so I'm taking a camera and photos.  Last time I sat up here I actually saw Lemieux as it's near his private owner's box...  I know the guard that takes you up to your seats in the elevator, so I'll see if maybe he can sneak me into the Arena early so I can get a pic down near the glass and stuff.  I love the Igloo, so I'm sad to see it go in a way and want some memories to keep.

This is gonna be fun though. :)  And just when I said I figured no game for me, too...  She wins a work lotto.  Very cool.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2009, 03:59 PM »
The Pens really schooled St. Louis last night in how to pepper a net with shots...  The 1st was so lopsided it was funny as I recall.

My gf won tickets through her company, so I actually get to check out a game this year.  I'm giddy.  They're in the company box too, which is down just a short ways from Lemieux's box.  I know the guy who runs security up there, so I'm excited.  Maybe he can let me bump into Lemieux while I'm there, hehe.

Our game is a Pens/Blackhawks game the first weekend of December.  Should be fun, and my last time in "The Igloo".  I'll be sad.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 11:39 PM »
Crosby with a hat trick tonight.  A very enjoyable game if you're a Pen's fan.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 12:17 AM »
Crosby with a hat trick tonight.  A very enjoyable game if you're a Pen's fan.

I am.  When Gonchar's playing.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 01:03 AM »
Yeah thanks for that.  Your nothern brother JV says you're to blame.  >:(

Did anybody take Tyler Kennedy because he's out now too and there wasn't any word on that as of game time.  Sucks because he's a beast on  the ice and not a bad scorer.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2009, 12:57 AM »
Add Malkin to the list too now.  Who had Malkin?  Brent?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2009, 01:15 AM »
Thankfully no, the love is spreading. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2009, 01:44 AM »
Suckin' to be us now though.    At least his is a shorter term than GOnchar's.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2009, 02:11 AM »
Suckin' to be us now though.   

No sympathy.  I can't feel bad for you not having Malkin when you still have Sid.  ::)

All those Gaborik groin injuries would have been tolerable if we'd actually had a second superstar to carry the load...  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2009, 02:28 AM »
Hey, they're all still a team...  We lose Malkin that means our 2nd line's all outta whack...  I can't help it we just happen to have 3 world class centers is all.   :P

Keeping them has been the trick.

I knew when Malkin went down late in the game last night that he hurt his shoulder.  You could just tell the way he hit the boards he wasn't going to feel good getting up, and it wasn't even a hard hit.  Just awkward.  It sucks, but 2 to 3 weeks is tolerable...  Gonchar last season was a real cluster-f, as that hosed our power play all year.

A lot of people still say to this day had Gonchar been health in 2008/2009, Michelle Therrien would still be head coach.  I don't think I'm willing to go on that limb, but it's got some folks thinking.  I like Bylsma though, he's been healthy for the team so far.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2009, 01:41 AM »
Brooks Orpik out 2 weeks, but that's good compared to what early speculation was...

But still the Pens are in a bad, bad place right now...  Top players are out.  It's a mess now, and a 4-game skid.

10-minute closed-door chewing out meeting after tonight's loss to NJ.  They deserved it.  Malkin and Talbot are practicing with contact now though.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2009, 01:39 PM »
Gonchar should be cleared for contact soon as well.  He's probably still two weeks out (like most of the rest of my roster).